Birchbox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my shipping notice today!  Went home to log on and see what is coming but no box update!  This month will be a suprise but I am excited to see what I get.

Speaking of points is it bad I want to get my friend a gift sub for her bday not because she wants it but to get points?  I currently have 97 and need 3 leeeetle points to get $10!  She is a working professional getting ready to be a full time PhD student so it would be a nice indulgence right?  Or am I trying too hard to justify it?

Me too! Except I wasn't expecting my sub to restart until February. I got really annoyed when I saw it was the goop box then I realized that was October's box
hehe.gif

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my shipping notice today!  Went home to log on and see what is coming but no box update!  This month will be a suprise but I am excited to see what I get.

Speaking of points is it bad I want to get my friend a gift sub for her bday not because she wants it but to get points?  I currently have 97 and need 3 leeeetle points to get $10!  She is a working professional getting ready to be a full time PhD student so it would be a nice indulgence right?  Or am I trying too hard to justify it?

Haha that is so funny!  My last box was goop too!  And it is the one I returned to sender!  BB had stated I would still get a January box so I was hoping it would update!  I'm hoping for Eyeko or the balm!

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too! Except I wasn't expecting my sub to restart until February. I got really annoyed when I saw it was the goop box then I realized that was October's box
hehe.gif

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too, I am thinking about a second account but the hubby might have a heart attack lol.
Yep.  I just explained to Mr. Meow why I neeeed a second sub, and I got a blank stare, a head shake, and then he tried to sneak down to his man cave with my purse, lol.  Doesn't help that my 3rd Naked Princess lip gloss came in the mail today.  I guess I'll wait on that second sub. 
smiletongue.gif

Maybe you can talk him into the second account for Valentine's day?!

Originally Posted by MrsMeow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep.  I just explained to Mr. Meow why I neeeed a second sub, and I got a blank stare, a head shake, and then he tried to sneak down to his man cave with my purse, lol.  Doesn't help that my 3rd Naked Princess lip gloss came in the mail today.  I guess I'll wait on that second sub. 
smiletongue.gif

Maybe you can talk him into the second account for Valentine's day?!
Ooh, that's a good idea.  I'm not going to press my luck though, we barely celebrate Valentine's day, AND we leave for Mexico in 2 weeks.  I think I want a massage while on vacation more than a second bb sub, the more I think about it.  It's just those darn points are so tempting- I wouldn't even be seriously considering it if it wasn't for them!

Have fun in Mexico!  Enjoy your massage and by the time you get back maybe your February box will be there and you can "earn" points by reviews!

Ooh, that's a good idea.  I'm not going to press my luck though, we barely celebrate Valentine's day, AND we leave for Mexico in 2 weeks.  I think I want a massage while on vacation more than a second bb sub, the more I think about it.  It's just those darn points are so tempting- I wouldn't even be seriously considering it if it wasn't for them!

I did not get an eyeko or balm product the whole year I was subbed. Now that I am back, I hope they try to impress!!!

Haha that is so funny!  My last box was goop too!  And it is the one I returned to sender!  BB had stated I would still get a January box so I was hoping it would update!  I'm hoping for Eyeko or the balm!

I never did either!  I am hoping that they will step up their game after the goop (which drove me away) Thank goodness for MUT and being able to follow the threads to see if/when to resub!  I can't believe this will be a suprise!  I am horrible at them!  I want to know!  

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did not get an eyeko or balm product the whole year I was subbed. Now that I am back, I hope they try to impress!!!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not familiar with this concept of needing the 'others' approval....Whats mine is mine and what's his is mine. *shrugs* lol
LOL, nice.  Not so much about needing approval, but I'd certainly appreciate him talking to me about $110 purchase.  Otherwise who knows how much money he'd spend on his model-train obsession.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not familiar with this concept of needing the 'others' approval....Whats mine is mine and what's his is mine. *shrugs* lol
What's his is mine... This made me night. Amen! 
beer.gif

Quote:

LOL, nice.  Not so much about needing approval, but I'd certainly appreciate him talking to me about $110 purchase.  Otherwise who knows how much money he'd spend on his model-train obsession.

True, but if either one of us gets a really GOOD deal on something, it's always better (in our opinion) than paying full price and getting nothing 'extra'!

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's his is mine... This made me night. Amen! 
beer.gif
LMAO! 
beer.gif

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

apparently I'm getting the January box  o_O I'm new to BB, how do you guys find out which box you are getting?
Around the 10th of the month, the site updates and shows our boxes. But, if you're new, that probably won't happen til after you get it!

Like yousoldtheworld said, when you log into your Birchbox account, on the left hand side there is a tab titled Box.  When you click on it, it shows you the box and it's contents.  I think because me, you and Nelliebelle97 are getting our boxes so late we will not get an update until after we get it!  It is also from this page that you can click on the items in the box to fill out reviews to get points!

apparently I'm getting the January box  o_O I'm new to BB, how do you guys find out which box you are getting?

Like yousoldtheworld said, when you log into your Birchbox account, on the left hand side there is a tab titled Box.  When you click on it, it shows you the box and it's contents.  I think because me, you and Nelliebelle97 are getting our boxes so late we will not get an update until after we get it!  It is also from this page that you can click on the items in the box to fill out reviews to get points!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Around the 10th of the month, the site updates and shows our boxes. But, if you're new, that probably won't happen til after you get it!
 I see :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks for the help ^^ So it'll be a surprise yay! I guess XD 

I didnt get a box update but I got an email from BB about their January products and on the bottom it had an all about you section and there was a pic of my box. I had gotten one of those emails in December and what was pictured in the bottom was my December box.

ImageProxy.mvc

Your January Box

We're out to help you make this your best year ever.

Use your personal invitation link to tell friends about Birchbox:
Sorry had to edit the referral link out.

Here is the full email it was at the bottom so some may have missed it:

ImageProxy.mvc

Kérastase Masque Chroma
Riche - Treat

Don't resign yourself to fading highlights or lackluster hue. Swap your regular conditioner for this powerful emollient cocktail to lock in color and nourish strands.
Ships free!*

FEATURED ARTICLE:
Birchbox Crush: Tara Stiles

The yoga guru shares her natural skincare faves and tells us how to stay on the fitness wagon in 2013.

Read All Articles

FEATURED VIDEO:
5 Workout Moves You’re Doing Wrong

Birchbox marketing maven and fitness buff Deena shows us how to work up a sweat the right way.

Watch All Videos

FEATURED ARTICLE:
Trend Alert: Styling the New Bob

You don't have to do a million sit-ups to look like Karlie Kloss—snag her hip new 'do instead.

Read All Articles
ImageProxy.mvc

Your January Box
We're out to help you make this your best year ever.

Your Account » Your Point Balance » Refer a Friend & Get Points »
Use your personal invitation link to tell friends about Birchbox:
http://www.birchbox.com/join/?raf=fhh1k

ImageProxy.mvc

Latest posts

Back