Birchbox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my January Birchbox today!  I got the shipping notice on Friday so Friday to Tuesday East to West Coast not too shabby!  My Eyeko was black (maybe they all were this month, I didn't go through the thread and looks) and the lid was not pressed down all the way but it seems ok.

With all the mean girl comments on the BB FB wall I wanted to give them something positive so I emailed them. I cut and pasted their response below mine(putting it in spoiler in case some don't want to read).

Definitely a positive experience for me this Birchbox time around!

Jan 28 08:48 pm (EST):

Dear Birchbox-

I just wanted to say thank you for the service you provide. I was a
Birchbox subscriber from January 2011-October 2012 (I had to leave for a
while after my awful Goop box). I had been monitoring what people had been
getting in their boxes during my break and realized I missed the awesome
service that Birchbox provided! While I may not love every item every
month I am going to see it for what it is a chance to try something new!
If the item is not for me I am going to improve my karma and pass it along!

While I do not have my January box yet (I decided to rejoin well after the
10th!) I got my shipping notice on 1/25/13. Today it is already on the
west coast. The improvement in products and customer service (along with
Birchbox points!) Helped in my decision to come back.

I just wanted to send an email to say thank you. I know people are always
fast to complain, but few to say thanks or acknowledge hard work.

Sincerely

Jennifer

PS Hope whoever gets to read this has a great day!

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your kind words! We're happy to have you as a part of the Birchbox family!

Audrey
Birchbox | 877-487-7272 | @BirchboxOps

CUSTOMER FAVORITES: Shop our customer top-rated collection! http://birch.ly/SX7TpZ

Yes! It's very deceptive in my opinion.  I posted this disclaimer a few weeks back and six people "liked" it, & birchbox backed me up on it, lol.  The woman was like, the newbie would get 50 points if she signs up via her link and I'm like, no you'll get 50 points for referring her and the newbie would get 10 points with your first monthly box purchase, whether or not she signs up via your link.  She shut up after that, haha.
Sometimes it annoys me when a blogger/youtuber posts their referral link and does not tell to their followers that they will get points from it. Personally I think it's dishonest. I don't think there's anything wrong with people posting their referral links on their channels/blogs as long as they disclose that they get something out of it. That way their followers can chose whether they want to use the link or not.

Sometimes it annoys me when a blogger/youtuber posts their referral link and does not tell to their followers that they will get points from it. Personally I think it's dishonest. I don't think there's anything wrong with people posting their referral links on their channels/blogs as long as they disclose that they get something out of it. That way their followers can chose whether they want to use the link or not.
I agree with you on this. If people want to post their codes, fine, but you have to "keep it 100". If a person is not 100 percent honest then I will call them out on their bull.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do, sweetie.  Just PM'ed you.
Thank you so much!  
shy.gif

I have learned more the past few months on this forum than years searching the Internet. You ladies are amazing.

Im in CA and my Birchbox didn't arrive until the 24th so Birchbox gave me 100 points as an apology. So I basically got my BB for free this month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> How's that for fantastic customer service. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have learned more the past few months on this forum than years searching the Internet. You ladies are amazing.
I joined Influenster a while ago, and nothing happened until all of a sudden they sent me some Head and Shoulders shampoo & conditioner.

I didn't sign up for it, I just got an email saying "Hey! You're getting shampoo! Don't worry about doing anything, it's already on its way to you!" 

This was actually kind of annoying, because I was going to be abroad for a while so a) I wouldn't get it in a timely manner and B) I couldn't tell them that no, I didn't want the shampoo & conditioner because I use a low-to-no sulfate s&c and therefore it'd be wasted on me, and that they should send it to someone else. Hopefully you ladies get things you can use!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a reminder, asking for and posting invites on MuT is against the terms of service, so please don't do it!
smile.gif
Oh I sowwies! Won't happen again sir! XD

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I sowwies! Won't happen again sir! XD
hehe no worries, its just good to make everyone aware of the rules when I raise my iron fist and enforce them.
policeman.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hehe no worries, its just good to make everyone aware of the rules when I raise my iron fist and enforce them.
policeman.gif
lol @ the cop emoticon XD

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMgosh, I didn't realize we had such an extensive collection of emoticons!
oh we do! These two are my fave: 

yay.gif
 + the dancing banana one, but I can't find it for some reason D:

Back