Birchbox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg stop with the yearly deals and the justification of the prices! i just. can't. handle it!

i upgraded. of course. this way i don't have the monthly back & forth and i'm pleased with the per box price after splurging on full size items. after a year straight though i can't imagine that i'll need anything for a while.

i am still waiting on the men's sub for my husband. 

This month was my first for Birch Box and Ipsy. The box I got was 27 and I was SO excited and hyped up about it. When I saw how small the samples were when I opened my box I was disappointed. I'm hoping next months will be better. I was really happy with all the things I got in my Ipsy bag. I have used everything and am very pleased. 

Ugh, I hate it when people post their referral codes on the birchbox facebook page. People on that page ask how long does it take to get an invite, birchbox tells them the 4-5 weeks, and then someone posts their referral code to make it seem like they'll get a birchbox sooner if the newbie uses their code.  Everytime I see that I cut and paste this disclaimer "the referral code will not get you a box sooner. she will gain 50 points if you use it and you will still wait 4-5 weeks, fyi"

I see why referral codes are banned here on MUT

ZoomButt.gif

I got my box January 14th and am pretty happy with it.  Though I'm even more overflowing with samples!  

Christmas made a small dent in my stockpile.  I was lucky enough to have been picked to work as a seasonal sales associate at Cartier 5th Ave. Mansion (speak Mandarin) and I filled a BB box with stuff (10 to 12) and passed it around for all the Boutique Assistance to pick an item that they want.  The BA are the magic behind the scene, they greet clients when the sales associates are unavailable, bring client drinks, bring watches upstairs to have links removed and they wrap the purchases up artfully putting a wax seal on it, pretty amazing.

In the cute little go-around paper bag with the box, I also included a zip lock bag filled with sample foil packs, also for the picking.  They loved it, eyes just brightened as they looked through the dozen or so deluxe samples, reading ingredients, examining a few runner ups and then gingerly selecting the one adorable sample that caught their imagination.  

It takes the headache of matching half a dozen items up to half a dozen people out for me... and throughout the day I see folks sporting their new lipstick-lip gloss combo... beaming as they walked by, pulling me aside to tell me that they loved the hand lotion or show up the next day flashing their finger nails at me... adorned with the Colorclub grey nail polish.  

If you have support folks or fellow staff that you'd like to extend a small gesture of thanks to at Valantine's day and... you have way too much sample, this is a really fun way to clear your inventory and you'll feel sooo tickled.

​
Have 300 points.   Love the Atlier Rose Perfume.  Adore the 'Keratase Age Premium Bain Substantif, makes your hair amazingly thick and full, like I've spent 20 minutes blow-drying it and teasing. 

I still have 3 months left of my sub, does anyone know if we get 20% coupon at the end of our sub?  Like a 3, 6, 9 and... a 12 anniversary month 20% code?  

Or has anyone renewed their sub and received some sort of 'renewal' points in addition to the 110 that they give to the first timers?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I got my box January 14th and am pretty happy with it.  Though I'm even more overflowing with samples!   Christmas made a small dent in my stockpile.  I was lucky enough to have been picked to work as a seasonal sales associate at Cartier 5th Ave. Mansion (speak Mandarin) and I filled a BB box with stuff (10 to 12) and passed it around for all the Boutique Assistance to pick an item that they want.  The BA are the magic behind the scene, they greet clients when the sales associates are unavailable, bring client drinks, bring watches upstairs to have links removed and they wrap the purchases up artfully putting a wax seal on it, pretty amazing. In the cute little go-around paper bag with the box, I also included a zip lock bag filled with sample foil packs, also for the picking.  They loved it, eyes just brightened as they looked through the dozen or so deluxe samples, reading ingredients, examining a few runner ups and then gingerly selecting the one adorable sample that caught their imagination.   It takes the headache of matching half a dozen items up to half a dozen people out for me... and throughout the day I see folks sporting their new lipstick-lip gloss combo... beaming as they walked by, pulling me aside to tell me that they loved the hand lotion or show up the next day flashing their finger nails at me... adorned with the Colorclub grey nail polish.   If you have support folks or fellow staff that you'd like to extend a small gesture of thanks to at Valantine's day and... you have way too much sample, this is a really fun way to clear your inventory and you'll feel sooo tickled.

Have 300 points.   Love the Atlier Rose Perfume.  Adore the 'Keratase Age Premium Bain Substantif, makes your hair amazingly thick and full, like I've spent 20 minutes blow-drying it and teasing.  I still have 3 months left of my sub, does anyone know if we get 20% coupon at the end of our sub?  Like a 3, 6, 9 and... a 12 anniversary month 20% code?   Or has anyone renewed their sub and received some sort of 'renewal' points in addition to the 110 that they give to the first timers?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I got a 25% code for 12 months and a cute keychain came in the mail right around the same time.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh, I hate it when people post their referral codes on the birchbox facebook page. People on that page ask how long does it take to get an invite, birchbox tells them the 4-5 weeks, and then someone posts their referral code to make it seem like they'll get a birchbox sooner if the newbie uses their code.  Everytime I see that I cut and paste this disclaimer "the referral code will not get you a box sooner. she will gain 50 points if you use it and you will still wait 4-5 weeks, fyi"

I see why referral codes are banned here on MUT
I hate when people do that! I posted a comment on FB a couple of weeks about about how people who do that are taking advantage of the people who are too dumb to know better and a couple of people got pissy with me. In fine with it if they are transparent about it, but I get annoyed when some broad tells them to use their link because they might get their box earlier. Bullshit.

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate when people do that! I posted a comment on FB a couple of weeks about about how people who do that are taking advantage of the people who are too dumb to know better and a couple of people got pissy with me. In fine with it if they are transparent about it, but I get annoyed when some broad tells them to use their link because they might get their box earlier. Bullshit.
Yes! It's very deceptive in my opinion.  I posted this disclaimer a few weeks back and six people "liked" it, & birchbox backed me up on it, lol.  The woman was like, the newbie would get 50 points if she signs up via her link and I'm like, no you'll get 50 points for referring her and the newbie would get 10 points with your first monthly box purchase, whether or not she signs up via your link.  She shut up after that, haha.

Does anyone know if they still send the 3,6,9 month 20% off codes after someone has been a member for more than a year?

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They dont...they are only for your 3rd, 6th, 9th, and possibly 12th month anniversary.
So... if I cancelled and created a new subscription I would get the codes again? Just curious because that, in my opinion, is probably the biggest perk of Birchbox.

So... if I cancelled and created a new subscription I would get the codes again? Just curious because that, in my opinion, is probably the biggest perk of Birchbox.
Yeah, you'd get the codes for a totally new account. But not if you cancel your current account and then restart it. So the easiest way to do that would be to create a new account, and gift a subscription from your old account to your new account..and then close the old account if you only want one account. If that makes sense lol

And you can't transfer points from one account to another. They do still send out random occasional discounts, though, so those aren't completely over once you've passed a year.

This is kind of off topic but is anyone on Influenster? If so, have you ever received any perks?

Basically, Influenster is a place for culture junkies to come together and share their unique opinions of products and experiences. Active members of Influenster get exclusive access to deals, promotions, and swag from brands that thrive off the input (the good, the bad, and the ugly -- they just want to know what's up).

I just was curious because some of you give GREAT advice on these products and I think you would be great at being rewarded for what you do.

Originally Posted by StreetHeart /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is kind of off topic but is anyone on Influenster? If so, have you ever received any perks?

Basically, Influenster is a place for culture junkies to come together and share their unique opinions of products and experiences. Active members of Influenster get exclusive access to deals, promotions, and swag from brands that thrive off the input (the good, the bad, and the ugly -- they just want to know what's up).

I just was curious because some of you give GREAT advice on these products and I think you would be great at being rewarded for what you do.
A lot of people on here are on Influenster, too.  I actually joined about a week ago. There's a discussion thread about it, too!

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/125042/influenster

Latest posts

Back