Birchbox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dolceloure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was actually just wondering the same thing! Also, if you use your own referral link, do you still get the 50 bonus points for joining? (maybe under a different name, lol)
No, they catch on pretty quickly about that.

You can sign up and skip the waitlist by giving yourself a gift sub. Unfortunately, if you don't already have an account that already got a welcome box before, it means you are getting a welcome box instead of the month's themed boxes. Which can either be awesome (Nov & Dec) or awful (Oct & end of Dec)

Originally Posted by messjess18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What did you get in your Goop box?
A full-size Essie nail polish, generous Kiehl's body wash (still have about half left), Joanna Vargas daily serum (small size, but lasted me over a month with daily use), Luna bar, and the Naked Princess lip gloss.

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A full-size Essie nail polish, generous Kiehl's body wash (still have about half left), Joanna Vargas daily serum (small size, but lasted me over a month with daily use), Luna bar, and the Naked Princess lip gloss.
I got the same Goop box as you and I loved it, too!!!  I ended up buying the Kiehl's.  I loved the serum, but it's too expensive.  And the Naked Princess lip gloss is all gone, too.  I liked it, but I have so many lip glosses already I couldn't come up with a good enough reason to spend the money.

I don't think people always get welcome boxes as their first box. Mine was back in June and I got a regular box.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think people always get welcome boxes as their first box. Mine was back in June and I got a regular box.
You get a welcome box if you get a gift sub. Otherwise, you get a normal box

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, pink welcome boxes are for gift subs only :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, pink welcome boxes are for gift subs only :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I always thought it was odd that this was the case, because when I joined for the first time over a year ago, I got a welcome box, and it wasn't a gift sub. I must be a freak, lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My first box was April, the eco-box or whatever with the lime green paper, only when I opened it the paper was pink and all the samples were ones I had seen in videos from the 3 or 4 months before. I did not have a gift sub. I was on the waitlist for 6 weeks. I e-mailed Birchbox and they said, oh, you got a welcome box. I was pissed, especially after I saw a YouTube video where another girl got the regular April theme box and she was going on and on about how it was her first Birchbox, but there was nothing I could do about it. Since then, it seems like mostly gift sub people get welcome boxes, but I've sern where regular subscribers sometimes get them, too. And there was a post I think in the December thread, maybe this thread, where somebody said they e-mailed Bb because they couldn't review the items in their welcome box, and Bb customer service said there's no reviewing welcome boxes, but they will be able to review the ones after it. So watch out. I love Birchbox, but they can be sketchy.

I was actually able to review items in my Welcome box without any issues so yeah BB is super sketchy about that.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You get a welcome box if you get a gift sub. Otherwise, you get a normal box My first box was April, the eco-box or whatever with the lime green paper, only when I opened it the paper was pink and all the samples were ones I had seen in videos from the 3 or 4 months before. I did not have a gift sub. I was on the waitlist for 6 weeks. I e-mailed Birchbox and they said, oh, you got a welcome box. I was pissed, especially after I saw a YouTube video where another girl got the regular April theme box and she was going on and on about how it was her first Birchbox, but there was nothing I could do about it. Since then, it seems like mostly gift sub people get welcome boxes, but I've sern where regular subscribers sometimes get them, too. And there was a post I think in the December thread, maybe this thread, where somebody said they e-mailed Bb because they couldn't review the items in their welcome box, and Bb customer service said there's no reviewing welcome boxes, but they will be able to review the ones after it. So watch out. I love Birchbox, but they can be sketchy.

Yeah, I got a welcome box on my non-gift subscription AND I was able to review it. That's definitely sketchy.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a brightening eye cream, which works well for me and my pasty insomniac self. I use it in the morning and an anti-aging cream at night, and since I started using the sample jar I got in October (!) I've noticed an increase in moisture and decrease in dark circles.
I worry about them because their skincare isn't at all natural. I'm obsessed with their face cream, but once I finish this jar I want to try to find something more natural and less chemically. When I got my eye cream, I almost bought the benefit one, but I ended up going with something that is more natural, since the skin under your eyes is so thin. Still, I will totally end up using the eye cream. Argh. I vascillate between wanting to go all natural products, but a lot of the stuff I love isn't natural at all. 

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah it seems like every other themed box was a hot mess.

march teen vogue box - good

may gossip girl box - eh

july glamour box - good

october goop box - horrible
I loved the gossip girl box, glamour box had great Suki skincare and the gloss moderne masque, the goop box had the Kiehls body wash for me, and that was the only good thing about it. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They look the same to me, just in Technicolor...lol. Could definitely rock them at the big Gay Pride party Seattle throws every year. I never tried these and was a little curious, but worried about the fit.. hmmm.
Omg YES. Gay Pride eyeliner. Bring it onnnnnn.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I got a welcome box on my non-gift subscription AND I was able to review it. That's definitely sketchy.
Same!

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love your new picture. You really look good in bangs. I wish I did!

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gifI love your new picture. You really look good in bangs. I wish I did!
thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Merry Christmas everyone!
heart.gif

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was actually able to review items in my Welcome box without any issues so yeah BB is super sketchy about that.
I just gifted a second sub to myself and I was NOT able to review...just wish they would be consistent. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The items from my welcome box showed up under my box for reviews after a couple weeks. It did take a while though... So keep checking!!

Latest posts

Back