Birchbox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I certainly hope it goes over better than the goop box.  Lawdy...what a mess that was!  
The Goop box actually turned out to be one of my favorites, which is apparently not true for anyone else haha.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh, I absolutely despise hair styling products!  The smell (and droplets, if we're talking about a spray) pretty much always triggers a headache.  I had to stop going to a certain unisex barber shop I otherwise loved because of the insane amounts of hairspray they used.  I can feel my throat closing up just *thinking* about it.  And my hair is so silky-fine and thick that it just does whatever it wants.  I've gotten to the point where I've had to start thinking of it as a pet.  I've named it Lucy.  She likes cheap shampoo (whatever Fred Meyer has for under a buck a bottle) every day and a touch of hair serum/oil worked in right after a shower every few days (every other day at the absolute most frequent), but not multipurpose oil like the Nuxe stuff that my skin is fond of in the winter.  
Proof that Birchbox could never please everyone!  Haha.  I have superfine hair as well, but it's thin too, and straight, but not straight enough to look good without styling.  My hair stylist says it's like a 5 year old's hair. I'm determined to make it stay the way I put it.

Call me crazy, but I kind of really want to try these!  They gotta work better than those stupid sticker liners lol!
They look the same to me, just in Technicolor...lol. Could definitely rock them at the big Gay Pride party Seattle throws every year. I never tried these and was a little curious, but worried about the fit.. hmmm.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Call me crazy, but I kind of really want to try these!  They gotta work better than those stupid sticker liners lol!

Count me out! I can't cut a straight line and am not very arts-n-crafty.

It's just a temporary tattoo, that's what I meant by 'better than the stickers' lol...and they have other solid colors too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just ordered the rainbow set from the violent lips website because they had 30% off and free shipping! I'm always down for something fun-funky if it works! Check out Kandee Johnson's video on them!

Lol, she's funny. Scooby, snap a pic! I'd love to see how they work for you! I think the skinny strip would be nice with a bright, colorful lid!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, she's funny. Scooby, snap a pic! I'd love to see how they work for you! I think the skinny strip would be nice with a bright, colorful lid!
I definitely will! I'll reserve them for an event of some kind, like a concert or a fair 
rocknroll2.gif

Unless they come in time for new years...then I'll have to try them out for dinner at The Melting Pot LOL

I don't know, I think when it comes to the whole profile thing, it's really just important to remember that quality of a box is in the eye of the beholder. What works for some people/gives them great boxes doesn't always work for others. I've found that I get my splurge item sometimes, and sometimes I don't.

In the end, my advice to any new BB subscriber is just not to expect anything. 
smile.gif

The friends I know who are not on MUT and don't read anything about the boxes online always love their boxes and consider them a treat even if they don't use/like every item.

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The friends I know who are not on MUT and don't read anything about the boxes online always love their boxes and consider them a treat even if they don't use/like every item.
I was definitely happier before I found this thread! But I love MuT too much not to always be around. XD

I feel the same way, I was just surprised every month and happy with almost all things! I thought we ALL got the same stuff! But I love MUT and all the great advice everyone has. Merry early Christmas y'all!

I agree. I also enjoy it way too much (and learn too much) not to visit! But sometimes ignorance really is bliss. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I think we don't do ourselves any favors sometimes by comparing, but I can't help it. :/

I want to get a second BB... how do I do that and will I need to be on the wait list again???

Originally Posted by Jamie Pangborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to get a second BB... how do I do that and will I need to be on the wait list again???
I was actually just wondering the same thing! Also, if you use your own referral link, do you still get the 50 bonus points for joining? (maybe under a different name, lol)

You can only have 1 account under 1 email address. An easy and quick way the get a 2nd account is to buy a gift subscription for yourself under your existing account. This way you don't have to wait on the waiting list. It's fine if it to you same address but you MUST have it under another email account. Also, it gets a little confusing when you redeem it- make sure you redeem as a new subscriber under your "other email" account- not your existing bb email account. Keep in mind that your first month your going to get their "welcome" box - sometimes there good- sometimes not so much. Usually a collaboration of old and new items. Hope this helps. One cool thing to is that you can use your current bb points to pay for your gift sub :). Bad news- you don't get referral points doing it this way. But you do receive points on the main account- I think if you spend $30 then you get 30 points and so on. Happy Holidays ! Shauna

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Goop box actually turned out to be one of my favorites, which is apparently not true for anyone else haha.
What did you get in your Goop box?

Back