Birchbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would totally watch a show called 'SLUTS'.  I'm thinking Sex and the City in a younger generation.  

I'm totally riveted by Mad Men, I honestly think it is one of the best TV shows ever made, both in style and substance.    For those who just love the style, http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/category/television they do amazing style recaps under the tag "Mad Style".  They go through how makeup and clothes are reflective of the sequence of time throughout the show and also speculate on the symbolism and foreshadowing--something costume designer Janie Bryant is known for.

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would totally watch a show called 'SLUTS'.  I'm thinking Sex and the City in a younger generation.  

I'm totally riveted by Mad Men, I honestly think it is one of the best TV shows ever made, both in style and substance.    For those who just love the style, http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/category/television they do amazing style recaps under the tag "Mad Style".  They go through how makeup and clothes are reflective of the sequence of time throughout the show and also speculate on the symbolism and foreshadowing--something costume designer Janie Bryant is known for.
You know, I feel "Girls" is quite Sex and the City.. you should check it out.  I love that show.. esp the fact that I can relate to Lena Dunham's body type.  I just have bigger boobs but otherwise.. That's me.. spot on.

I have never seen SUITS but I did win the 2 seasons DVD from BB, so I'll be set as soon as it arrives. I want a "Downton Abbey" box, beautiful ladylike neutrals and dainty things.

I have never seen SUITS but I did win the 2 seasons DVD from BB, so I'll be set as soon as it arrives. I want a "Downton Abbey" box, beautiful ladylike neutrals and dainty things.
Congrats on winning!

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh...that would be fun!

For me, Jon Hamm. 
1f.gif

lovelovee.gif
I just want to BE Joan Holloway! Christina Hendricks is so freakin gorgeous!

I want a "Downton Abbey" box, beautiful ladylike neutrals and dainty things.
 Yes please. Then maybe instead of a Twistband they could send me a really pretty hair comb.

*gasp* yes please! I want it! (And congrats!)

Originally Posted by celiajuno /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes please. Then maybe instead of a Twistband they could send me a really pretty hair comb.
Oh!! I would love a hair comb.. You know that would fit "Mad Men" too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, I feel "Girls" is quite Sex and the City.. you should check it out.  I love that show.. esp the fact that I can relate to Lena Dunham's body type.  I just have bigger boobs but otherwise.. That's me.. spot on.
I love Girls. 

Comcast had a special one week where all seasons of current HBO shows were available for free, and I had to fight my dad to watch Girls between his GOT watching.

It took me 2 episodes and I was in love, its so great, though my mom hated it, which is weird because we generally have pretty aligned tastes. Even the fact that David Mamets daughter was in it (She LOVES Mamet) didn't persuade her to watch more.

I could go on and on, but if you are a recently graduated 20 something, this show is for you! (plus anybody who was once recently graduated, or once 20 something)

A Downton Abbey box would make my year! 

I think the Suits box might end up being power makeup like bold mascara, red lipstick, etc. 

The female characters on the show are pretty kick ass.  (At least they were when I stopped watching during season 2)

I've only been a BB subscriber for 2 months and have been really happy so far.  I can't wait to see what they come up with.

OMG! I would LOVE a Downton Abby theme box! It would totally rock my world! Think about all those fabulous English made products that are available thru Birchbox UK? Or perhaps a Mr. Selfridges Theme box as well? (Mr. Selfridges was an American who brought in the concept of 'department' store' to London) and totally changed the way British shop. How about that?!

OMG! I would LOVE a Downton Abby theme box! It would totally rock my world! Think about all those fabulous English made products that are available thru Birchbox UK? Or perhaps a Mr. Selfridges Theme box as well? (Mr. Selfridges was an American who brought in the concept of 'department' store' to London) and totally changed the way British shop. How about that?!
Love both shows and would love bb themed boxes based on them!

Congrats!

Congrats! I'm glad that someone from MUT won! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back