Birchbox June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by hellopengy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad you found them! I'd love to hear your comparison to Vasanti after you try it!
I finally tried the Suki sample I picked up from Whole Foods, and while I do LOVE it (made my face so soft and smooth, even the next day) I realized I can't tell if it actually works as well as Vasanti in terms of cleaning out my pores since I only used it once. I don't want to pay for a full size just yet (plus it seems like Birchbox is having issues with some of the jars!) but I'm considering buying a 1oz from somewhere else just so I can try it for a bit longer. I'm pretty sure it will last a while too since my sample packet was tiny (1ml) and it was still surprisingly enough for 1 use.

Uh oh I just found a website that sells the 1oz size with free shipping and 5 free samples with every order, which probably means I will be ordering it soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here it is in case anyone else is interested: http://www.ariva.com/suki-exfoliate-foaming-cleanser1.html

Since reading all the great reviews I wanted to try it, thanks for posting this! Just ordered and get five more samples to try out also :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If any of you are still looking for those Tweezerman Matchbox Itty Bitty Files they have them there on sale for $2.80 and free shipping.

http://www.ariva.com/tweezerman-matchbox-itty-bitty-files.html

I finally tried the Suki sample I picked up from Whole Foods, and while I do LOVE it (made my face so soft and smooth, even the next day) I realized I can't tell if it actually works as well as Vasanti in terms of cleaning out my pores since I only used it once. I don't want to pay for a full size just yet (plus it seems like Birchbox is having issues with some of the jars!) but I'm considering buying a 1oz from somewhere else just so I can try it for a bit longer. I'm pretty sure it will last a while too since my sample packet was tiny (1ml) and it was still surprisingly enough for 1 use. Uh oh I just found a website that sells the 1oz size with free shipping and 5 free samples with every order, which probably means I will be ordering it soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here it is in case anyone else is interested: http://www.ariva.com/suki-exfoliate-foaming-cleanser1.html
Thanks for the link, $10.95 is more accessible to me even if its a smaller size. While I like Suki I'm still not 100% sure it's better than my go to exfoliator.

Ooh, I received London Calling in a trade yesterday and just applied it while listening to the appropriate soundtrack.  Neon pastel lime nail polish is just my speed.  

And I received a Mirenesse Glossy Kiss in Perfect Kiss in my real Birchbox, but the cap came off and smeared all over the place (it was salvageable but messy), so I email Birchbox to let them know it might be a good idea to wrap things like this.  They sent a replacement.  The good news is that they did not send another Perfect Kiss.  The bad news is that they sent me Quick Kiss.  I hate the color orange.  Just seeing the color has been known to give me headaches.  I'm thinking this is not long for my stash.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just caught up with this forum. I left this about a week ago. Now I'm seeing about issues with Suki? I mentioned on Birchbox's FB page last Friday about Suki and told everyone if they don't want to wait until they get it back in stock; go to Whole Foods. Know what BB said to me? "I hope you can use your points to purchase the item or something like that". I didn't respond because I don't want drama. I am gonna be saving my points for an expensive product 
icon_wink.gif

I did my mani yesterday. I was thrilled that I finally got my BB dup traded for two items I wanted that I didn't get in my 2nd acct BB. A Laqa & Co. lip and "London Calling" Color Club. Just wanted to share this cool mani. I know not everyone like green.. I have Regin in Spain as well. Maybe, I need to find someone to trade with for Lilac one? I just want to avoid not to buy the entire collection because I don't really want Mod in Manhatten because I have two whites already. It's sooo summery! 

Ummmm.....whaaaaaaaaaa......their response to you on Facebook is RIDICULOUS. I wouldn't go into all that drama either, that's just crazy, I mean, the attitude that accompanies it!
madno.gif
eusa_naughty.gif

BTW, LOOOOOOOOOOVE your new profile pic, darlin', it is ADORABLE! and those nails are superdupes cute! You don't need no drama, you're too fabulous!
biggrin.gif

I tried out Pardon My French as an accent nail today and I think it went okay.
LL
I was really hoping to get Mod in Manhattan or Reign in Spain, but oh well, Pardon My French is pretty too. In regards to the Suki, mine was also unsealed and appeared untampered with. I got a LaFace cleanser sample a couple of months ago and it was similarly packaged. Maybe I'm just too trusting, but I'm honestly not that worried about it. Love your nails that combo is so cute!

Just caught up with this forum. I left this about a week ago. Now I'm seeing about issues with Suki? I mentioned on Birchbox's FB page last Friday about Suki and told everyone if they don't want to wait until they get it back in stock; go to Whole Foods. Know what BB said to me? "I hope you can use your points to purchase the item or something like that". I didn't respond because I don't want drama. I am gonna be saving my points for an expensive product 
icon_wink.gif
I did my mani yesterday. I was thrilled that I finally got my BB dup traded for two items I wanted that I didn't get in my 2nd acct BB. A Laqa & Co. lip and "London Calling" Color Club. Just wanted to share this cool mani. I know not everyone like green.. I have Regin in Spain as well. Maybe, I need to find someone to trade with for Lilac one? I just want to avoid not to buy the entire collection because I don't really want Mod in Manhatten because I have two whites already. It's sooo summery! 
Love your nails so pretty!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ummmm.....whaaaaaaaaaa......their response to you on Facebook is RIDICULOUS. I wouldn't go into all that drama either, that's just crazy, I mean, the attitude that accompanies it!
madno.gif
eusa_naughty.gif

BTW, LOOOOOOOOOOVE your new profile pic, darlin', it is ADORABLE! and those nails are superdupes cute! You don't need no drama, you're too fabulous!
biggrin.gif
Exactly! I thought that was perplexing when they said that to me. Wonder if it was just an automated wording you know? I hope that wasn't Sarah. 
icon_neutral.gif

Thanks, Cheshire 
wub.gif

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love your nails so pretty!
wub.gif
icon_redface.gif
 Thanks. Has anyone try to enter #BBWanderlust contest today via Instagram/twitter/FB? A winner will receive 100 Color Club polishes.

Well, I just wanted to whine.....I ordered the full size of the Suki and must have gotten it just before it ran out of stock. I have been eagerly awaiting it and they sent it Newgistics, which seems to rival DHL in slowness....anyway, I digress. My Suki arrived yesterday and I opened the box to find that the box inside that holds the product was damaged. Oh well, I said to myself, I just will throw that away anyway. Come to me my precious....oops...the bottle was not sealed and the jar was only a little over half full. Now I paid for a full size item that 1) Might not be sanitary 2) isn't even full.

Emailed BB and curious to see what happens. I don't want 100 points. The full size cost me 32.95, so 100 points isn't going to do it. Being half full doesn't help me because since it was not sealed I don't feel comfortable using it at all, so it is worth nothing to me. I've only purchased one other full size item and didn't have any problems. Of course, the real kicker is the fact that it is out of stock so they can't even send me a replacement!

Okay, end whining sequence....now back to your regularly scheduled programs. 

Well, I just wanted to whine.....I ordered the full size of the Suki and must have gotten it just before it ran out of stock. I have been eagerly awaiting it and they sent it Newgistics, which seems to rival DHL in slowness....anyway, I digress. My Suki arrived yesterday and I opened the box to find that the box inside that holds the product was damaged. Oh well, I said to myself, I just will throw that away anyway. Come to me my precious....oops...the bottle was not sealed and the jar was only a little over half full. Now I paid for a full size item that 1) Might not be sanitary 2) isn't even full. Emailed BB and curious to see what happens. I don't want 100 points. The full size cost me 32.95, so 100 points isn't going to do it. Being half full doesn't help me because since it was not sealed I don't feel comfortable using it at all, so it is worth nothing to me. I've only purchased one other full size item and didn't have any problems. Of course, the real kicker is the fact that it is out of stock so they can't even send me a replacement! Okay, end whining sequence....now back to your regularly scheduled programs. 
Not sure if you were able to see from past pages of this thread, but at least 8 of us have had the exact same issue ordering Suki from BB...their CS is handling it a little differently with each of us, so my suggestion would be to call them directly rather than emailing...the rep I spoke to me refunded my money, ( I paid $32.95 for it, as well) and credited me 100 points for the inconvenience...I was pretty pleased with that..fingers crossed you get a similar result ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wub.gif
icon_redface.gif
 Thanks. Has anyone try to enter #BBWanderlust contest today via Instagram/twitter/FB? A winner will receive 100 Color Club polishes.

I entered twice...couldn't tell if that was against the rules or not. Too bad all the polishes that they showed were cremes. Some of their holos look nice.

Quote:Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_wink.gif

How's you do the chevron nail? It looks immaculate!

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not sure if you were able to see from past pages of this thread, but at least 8 of us have had the exact same issue ordering Suki from BB...their CS is handling it a little differently with each of us, so my suggestion would be to call them directly rather than emailing...the rep I spoke to me refunded my money, ( I paid $32.95 for it, as well) and credited me 100 points for the inconvenience...I was pretty pleased with that..fingers crossed you get a similar result
wink.gif
Thanks for the tip! I have a bit of trouble calling them as I work in a remote area and there is at best sporadic cell service. I will see if I can do it though. I think that what they did for you is the right thing completely. Are they making you send it back? I don't want it, but I really don't want to go to the trouble of boxing it back up etc.  I will check back on the thread and see what the other solutions are.

Thanks again! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the tip! I have a bit of trouble calling them as I work in a remote area and there is at best sporadic cell service. I will see if I can do it though. I think that what they did for you is the right thing completely. Are they making you send it back? I don't want it, but I really don't want to go to the trouble of boxing it back up etc.  I will check back on the thread and see what the other solutions are. Thanks again! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
No problem! Happy to help ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Surprisingly, they didn't ask me to send it back, but I'm assuming it's because they already had a barrage of similar complaints from others and new there was definitely a legitimate issue with quality control.. Some posters literally had exactly one half of their jar full, whereas a few others of us had a hollowed out center that almost looked like someone had taken their fingers and dug the center of the product out... That combined with the fact that there was no factory seal landed it directly in the trashcan..I guess I'm just not adventurous enough to chance using it, lol

No problem! Happy to help
wink.gif

Surprisingly, they didn't ask me to send it back, but I'm assuming it's because they already had a barrage of similar complaints from others and new there was definitely a legitimate issue with quality control..

Some posters literally had exactly one half of their jar full, whereas a few others of us had a hollowed out center that almost looked like someone had taken their fingers and dug the center of the product out...

That combined with the fact that there was no factory seal landed it directly in the trashcan..I guess I'm just not adventurous enough to chance using it, lol
Oh I'm with you on that. I am not putting that anywhere near my face or anywhere else without a seal on it. Mine was balled up in a weird little ball with a ton of dead space around it. Definitely half of the product was gone/missing...at least!

Oh I'm with you on that. I am not putting that anywhere near my face or anywhere else without a seal on it. Mine was balled up in a weird little ball with a ton of dead space around it. Definitely half of the product was gone/missing...at least!
SO wierd...! I was totally bummed but I guess it all worked out because I got my first box from BB in today (I was under the impression my first box was going to be July's box), and it had a Suki sample in it!!!!! WOOT!! So now I actually get to try it first ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

SO wierd...! I was totally bummed but I guess it all worked out because I got my first box from BB in today (I was under the impression my first box was going to be July's box), and it had a Suki sample in it!!!!! WOOT!! So now I actually get to try it first
wink.gif
Yeah, I'm really bummed. I didn't get the sample and decided to just order it and now I'll probably get a sample before I ever get to try it! LOL

I'm so glad it is working out for you though. Gives me hope!

Yeah, I'm really bummed. I didn't get the sample and decided to just order it and now I'll probably get a sample before I ever get to try it! LOL I'm so glad it is working out for you though. Gives me hope!
It will DEFINITELY work out for you, too, Chica! The good thing is that BB is totally aware of the issue by now, so, once you do get ahold of someone (either by phone, or email), I'm sure it will get rectified a lot sooner than those of us who first started reporting the problem. That's exactly what happened to me, though...I went out on a limb and bought it without having a chance to sample it first simply because of all the rave reviews it got, but after smelling how AMAZING this stuff is, even if it only works half as well as ladies are claiming it does, I'm totally getting the full size!

It will DEFINITELY work out for you, too, Chica! The good thing is that BB is totally aware of the issue by now, so, once you do get ahold of someone (either by phone, or email), I'm sure it will get rectified a lot sooner than those of us who first started reporting the problem.

That's exactly what happened to me, though...I went out on a limb and bought it without having a chance to sample it first simply because of all the rave reviews it got, but after smelling how AMAZING this stuff is, even if it only works half as well as ladies are claiming it does, I'm totally getting the full size!
Oh my gosh! It does smell AMAZING doesn't it? I almost cried when I opened it and saw what I got....I sniffed it and then I REALLY wanted to cry. Wanted so bad to use it when I showered, but nope, after I hear back from BB it is garbage bound. I'm keeping it in case they insist on a return, but I agree with you that it isn't likely they will want it back. They would be flooded with useless product the way things are looking!

I also agree with whoever said they might be out of stock because they have pulled them.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome on this! At least I have my Beauty Protector to use! The order wasn't a complete fail! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HOLY COW! Just checked my email and there was an order confirmation for Suki cleanser at no cost and free shipping! Looked further and there was a reply from Amanda and she apologized for the Suki Cleanser problem and told me they were replacing it and that she had credited 100 points to my account as well!

Holy happy customer Batman!!! I will get my Suki after all!!!

Latest posts

Back