Birchbox - June edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I've died and gone to beauty heaven! The only thing I wanted was the Laura Geller Blush n Brighten in Apricot Berry and I gottttttttt ittttttttt :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> happy dance!

My box also came today (Monday, June 13) and I also got the Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Apricot Berry. It's REALLY pretty in person. Pity I don't wear blush! LOL But I do plan on using it as an eyeshadow and on my eldest daughter.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whats the blue bottle and the tube?

Top: Kate Spade Twirl and the Herban Essentials Orange Towelettes.

Bottom: Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Apricot Berry, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Lotion, Xen-Tan Deep Bronze Luxe

I dislike the smell of the Kiehl's lotion (blue bottle), it medicinal smelling and it's very off putting. I won't use the Xen-Tan since I don't like to tan (put it this way... I have blinds up in the windows along with black heavy curtains or black sheers).

Your box is identical to my box! haha. I already have a huge bottle of Xen-Tan so I probably won't be using mine either.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Top: Kate Spade Twirl and the Herban Essentials Orange Towelettes.

Bottom: Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Apricot Berry, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Lotion, Xen-Tan Deep Bronze Luxe

I dislike the smell of the Kiehl's lotion (blue bottle), it medicinal smelling and it's very off putting. I won't use the Xen-Tan since I don't like to tan (put it this way... I have blinds up in the windows along with black heavy curtains or black sheers).

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your box is identical to my box! haha. I already have a huge bottle of Xen-Tan so I probably won't be using mine either.
lol It seems as if this box version was the main one sent out. I've seen very few people with other items in it. I went back and looked through the thread, Jean also got the same box.

Here's the Apricot Berry blush with flash and no flash. I should have taken the pictures outside with the fantastic sunlight but I hate the sun! LOL

Good question to ask! First time I heard about them was a few weeks ago and it was via another blogger I follow. Since then I've noticed other people discussing it.

I've been communicating with Birchbox to see if we can get some sort of interview with them or information so I can post a bit more background info on them.  Hopefully we'll be able to get some of the "so exactly what is it?" questions besides "random surprise each month!" answered for us :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I posted this image in another thread. The blush used was the Laura Geller one I listed above.

I got mine today too!! I got the LG in honey dipped, twirl sample, green apple peel, Sircuit Skin Comesceuticals Molecular mist (a heavy water spray), deborah lippmann lavender laquer remover mitts. Mine seems different than most so far........

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's a heavy water spray :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Supposedly heavy water won't evaporate like normal water because it's more dense. Personally I think it's BS on any healthy properties companies claim it makes.

http://ask.metafilter.com/73154/Superhero-potion

According to this article, Canada's equivalent to the US EPA has it listed as toxic.

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient.php?ingred06=726237

Back