Birchbox - June edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get the Xen Tan or the LG compact. I'm pretty annoyed about it....this was my first BB and it might be my last.

Originally Posted by christine185 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get the Xen Tan or the LG compact. I'm pretty annoyed about it....this was my first BB and it might be my last.
So what did you get?

I got this same exact box! Let me tell you - I love love love the LG Blush and Brighten (Honey Dipped) - its PERFECT for my skin tone and its amazing! Just amazing.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box also came today (Monday, June 13) and I also got the Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Apricot Berry. It's REALLY pretty in person. Pity I don't wear blush! LOL But I do plan on using it as an eyeshadow and on my eldest daughter.

I think its hillarious that I got a self tanner in "Dark" - I guess they figured us Latina girls arent "dark" enough!  LOL!!  I run every other day so I get a healthy dose of Vitamin D even with SPF 45! So, I wont be using the self tanner any time soon! LOL!

Give it one more month - my first one I wasnt impressed with at all - but this one rocked!

Did you fill out the questionnaire thing?

My first box was last month and I didn't get the full size eyeshadow, was a bit dissapointed. I like this one though and getting a full size item makes it more worth it. I still haven't seen anybody on here with the same box that I got........the one with the 'heavy water'........

Ok girls, talk to me about self tanners. I just applied the zen tan to my face, neck and chest. First, this stuff smells wonderful. Nice chocolatey fragrance without being sickening. It's creamy without being greasy and applied evenly. My questions are, are you supposed to notice it right away or does it take time? How often are you supposed to apply it? What about your ears? Thanks for the help.

It's usually a gradual thing .  The more often you apply it the darker you will get.  As for ears i always do a couple swipes over them.

You'll be able to see it really well tomorrow. I actually applied the Xen Tan that I already had over the weekend and I swear it looked the darkest this morning lol. I don't apply it to my face though, too scared of not doing it right and giving myself streaks. But if you do streak your fingers/hands, my pumice stone will take them off in the shower.

For ears, I would dab some product onto a cosmetic sponge or cottonball and apply it lightly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok girls, talk to me about self tanners. I just applied the zen tan to my face, neck and chest. First, this stuff smells wonderful. Nice chocolatey fragrance without being sickening. It's creamy without being greasy and applied evenly. My questions are, are you supposed to notice it right away or does it take time? How often are you supposed to apply it? What about your ears? Thanks for the help.

I think you're right.  I think I looked a little bronzier this morning.  I think I might put some more on this evening, just a light coat and see how things look tomorrow.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You'll be able to see it really well tomorrow. I actually applied the Xen Tan that I already had over the weekend and I swear it looked the darkest this morning lol. I don't apply it to my face though, too scared of not doing it right and giving myself streaks. But if you do streak your fingers/hands, my pumice stone will take them off in the shower.

For ears, I would dab some product onto a cosmetic sponge or cottonball and apply it lightly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you're right.  I think I looked a little bronzier this morning.  I think I might put some more on this evening, just a light coat and see how things look tomorrow.
Pictures!! We need before and after! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well girls, that's easy enough, just look at my FOTD for Tuesday and then look at the one today! hehehehehe

I received the exact same box as you today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay I got mine!!!  I'm very pleased with it too.

2x Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pad - Anti Aging exfoliating Self Tanner (I did choose anti aging products)

Pangea Organics Balancing Oil

Kate Spade Twirl Perfume

Pangea Organics Facial Toner with sprayer - smells...weird kind of like medicine

Laura Gellar in Honey Dipped (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Amika Hair Oil Treatment (smells amazing)

Actually I haven't smelled any of the stuff yet because my allergies are going CRAZY today...the wheezing, runny nose, itchy eyes...the whole nine yards. I'm trying to avoid any triggers until after they calm down a bit. I did look at the bronzer tho--happy that it's a full size product, but I'm not big on shimmer in bronzer...The oil stuff looks interesting? 

Ugh I hope you feel better :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.   I'm honestly not a shimmer fan either as far as bronzers go.   I have pretty dark skin so I can get away with actually using this as a blush.  It's very pretty!  You could use is as an eyeshadow?  lol

I want to get a Birchbox just so I can be part of yalls club! 
smiletongue.gif

Latest posts

Back