Birchbox Limited Edition: Modern Mermaid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 9 of Mermaid Watch. Still no sorry points, shipping notification or explanation. I am going to email them and see if they can cancel my order, this is just ridiculous.

After 8 business days 2 emails and finally a phone call to CS O received a shipping confirmation today for this box.

@@celiajuno At this point, I would just call. I know it seems like more of a hassle / some people hate calling, but you will get THE fastest response doing this. You may also get some points out of it vs an email where they get to not hear the real frustration in your voice. 

I got a shipping notification today, however it says the label was created on 6/9 but still no movement. I'm going to wait until Monday to call them and see what's up. I ordered the box for my mom and she doesn't really care when she gets it, but I really want those free Skull Candy headphones. Im in desperate need of new headphones. I hope they don't sell out before my order actually ships. 

My thoughts on this box after playing around with contents:

I like the eyeliner.  I don't LOVE it, but I like it.  It smears and transfers if I put in on the bottom or waterline.  On my eyelid it did okay though and didn't transfer on my upper eye like a lot of pencil liners. 

I don't like the hair beach spray.  It makes my hair crunchy, and doesn't really do anything else for me.  Wasn't expecting much from this to start with.  

I like the lip balm, and go for walks in the sun several days a week...so this comes in very handy!  

The perfume smells really good, but gets kind of masculine with my skin chemistry.  Not in a bad way, but I'm thinking of attacking my husband with it to see how it smells on him, lol.  

I'm not really into the water proofing top coat for eyelashes.  I don't do waterproof because it hurts to take it off at the end of the day for me, my eyes are too sensitive.  I'll probably give this to my sis-in-law. 

Funny thing about the nail polishes... before receiving them, I was sure the nude would be my favorite of the trio, followed by the purple/pink, and the blue the least.  

Now that I've used all three... I LOVE the blue polish the most, enough to buy a back up bottle(!), and then the purple/pink, and the nude the least.  I don't really like the shimmers in the nude..  

My mirror looks like the one in the video, and I like it.  I need to stick it in my purse before I forget, lol.  

Oh, and the free Shashi bracelet is really cute!  Very dainty and matches a lot of stuff.  Much better than those chunky juvenile bracelets they've had before.  If you need a free promo, I suggest this one! 

I talked myself out of this box and was SO PROUD about that...but then I realized I could get it and a pick two for $5 with a code and my points, so...I did.

I love the liner, mirror, coola, and the blue and pink polishes!

I love the smell of the sea salt spray but I don't like those sprays in general - I can't manage the beachy look with my hairtype. But, I do like it to add some texture when I want to pull my hair back when its a bit longer, keeps it from slipping out!

I was at a water park with my kids earlier this week.  I used the Coola spf lip balm and the water proof lash topcoat.  Both worked really well.  I was especially impressed with the water proof topcoat.  I wore it over my regular mascara and not one smudge all day (& it was a really long day too.) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Well, I finally got through on the phone and they agreed to cancel my order and refund my money. I don't understand what the problem was with shipping this to my PO box. I have had this box since I started with Birchbox and have never had a problem.

My thoughts on this box after playing around with contents:

I like the eyeliner.  I don't LOVE it, but I like it.  It smears and transfers if I put in on the bottom or waterline.  On my eyelid it did okay though and didn't transfer on my upper eye like a lot of pencil liners. 

I don't like the hair beach spray.  It makes my hair crunchy, and doesn't really do anything else for me.  Wasn't expecting much from this to start with.  

I like the lip balm, and go for walks in the sun several days a week...so this comes in very handy!  

The perfume smells really good, but gets kind of masculine with my skin chemistry.  Not in a bad way, but I'm thinking of attacking my husband with it to see how it smells on him, lol.  

I'm not really into the water proofing top coat for eyelashes.  I don't do waterproof because it hurts to take it off at the end of the day for me, my eyes are too sensitive.  I'll probably give this to my sis-in-law. 

Funny thing about the nail polishes... before receiving them, I was sure the nude would be my favorite of the trio, followed by the purple/pink, and the blue the least.  

Now that I've used all three... I LOVE the blue polish the most, enough to buy a back up bottle(!), and then the purple/pink, and the nude the least.  I don't really like the shimmers in the nude..  

My mirror looks like the one in the video, and I like it.  I need to stick it in my purse before I forget, lol.  

Oh, and the free Shashi bracelet is really cute!  Very dainty and matches a lot of stuff.  Much better than those chunky juvenile bracelets they've had before.  If you need a free promo, I suggest this one! 
What did you mean by this? Is there variations of the mirror going out? Sorry, I'm out of the loop and at work so I don't have much time to go back and read prior posts. Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a shipping notice on the 11th for my mermaid box, which I ordered on the 10th, and just checked tracking and it's already out for delivery! WOO! I'm going to FL next week and I'd like to take some of the products with me... I wasn't expecting to get it this fast, but I don't understand the hold up on some of you other ladies' boxes shipping?? 

Well, I finally got through on the phone and they agreed to cancel my order and refund my money. I don't understand what the problem was with shipping this to my PO box. I have had this box since I started with Birchbox and have never had a problem.
Aw poo :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Did they offer any kind of explanation? I would be very disappointed if I were you, but on the bright side I guess it's money back in your pocket..

Same here re Box.

Aw poo :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Did they offer any kind of explanation? I would be very disappointed if I were you, but on the bright side I guess it's money back in your pocket..
They just said that perfume and nail polish cannot be sent to my PO Box. That is not true because I have purchased 4 bottles of perfume from them and all of the packages were delivered there. It is true that these products cannot go by mail but that is what UPS Surepost is for. They ground ship and then deliver the package to your local post office. At least I am getting my money back. I would like to note that they sent the In Full Bloom box via USPS two day when it also had nail polish and perfume.

They just said that perfume and nail polish cannot be sent to my PO Box. That is not true because I have purchased 4 bottles of perfume from them and all of the packages were delivered there. It is true that these products cannot go by mail but that is what UPS Surepost is for. They ground ship and then deliver the package to your local post office. At least I am getting my money back. I would like to note that they sent the In Full Bloom box via USPS two day when it also had nail polish and perfume.
I have a P.O. Box and until this order, I had no problems receiving orders. Well, the CS rep I talked to said my delay was because of my Aces status, the shipper they use for Aces (UPS) and that UPS can't deliver to P.O. Boxes. She said nothing about nail polish or perfumes being included in the order and those being unable to be sent to P.O. Boxes because of that! I am supposedly getting a second box free.

I have a P.O. Box and until this order, I had no problems receiving orders. Well, the CS rep I talked to said my delay was because of my Aces status, the shipper they use for Aces (UPS) and that UPS can't deliver to P.O. Boxes. She said nothing about nail polish or perfumes being included in the order and those being unable to be sent to P.O. Boxes because of that! I am supposedly getting a second box free.
Are they doing anything proactive about that? Like a note on your account to not use ups? That's kind of a major issue with people who have achieved "Aces" and use a p o box.

Are they doing anything proactive about that? Like a note on your account to not use ups? That's kind of a major issue with people who have achieved "Aces" and use a p o box.
She basically said, "don't use the P.O. Box". Where I live I need to sign up for "rural delivery" which takes an extra 2-3 days to get me, but I can pick up my mail on my way home from work and get it sooner. I can't use my home address for UPS, because it's an apartment complex and they have a policy against leaving packages at our complex.  So, while I hate doing it, I decided to have them deliver the package to my workplace. 

Actually, UPS and FedEx can deliver to P.O. boxes. It's called "street addressing", where you put in the physical address of your post office in, and use your box number the way someone would put in their apartment number. So it would be Spaz Katt, 123 Post Office Way, #44, Town, AZ, etc.

You can see more info here, and there's a form you can fill out to file with your post office authorizing street addressing: https://ribbs.usps.gov/mtcsa/mtcsa_print.htm

Actually, UPS and FedEx can deliver to P.O. boxes. It's called "street addressing", where you put in the physical address of your post office in, and use your box number the way someone would put in their apartment number. So it would be Spaz Katt, 123 Post Office Way, #44, Town, AZ, etc.

You can see more info here, and there's a form you can fill out to file with your post office authorizing street addressing: https://ribbs.usps.gov/mtcsa/mtcsa_print.htm
Thanks for letting me know about this!

Last edited by a moderator:

You have to sign up for it with your PO - and confirm your PO does it.

What did you mean by this? Is there variations of the mirror going out? Sorry, I'm out of the loop and at work so I don't have much time to go back and read prior posts. Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a shipping notice on the 11th for my mermaid box, which I ordered on the 10th, and just checked tracking and it's already out for delivery! WOO! I'm going to FL next week and I'd like to take some of the products with me... I wasn't expecting to get it this fast, but I don't understand the hold up on some of you other ladies' boxes shipping?? 
Some people got mirrors that they thought looked too different than what was advertised.  Different scale pattern, colors etc.  I think we've determined it was just where the mirror was cut from in the big bolt of material now though.  Some are more blue, purple, or green.  

Latest posts

Back