Birchbox November 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't PYS this month, the items are so-so (except) the Amika mask, which is being sent in the amika kit to me as a sorry for last month's PYS disaster. Also, the BB+ items are yet again too expensive for what they are. I have decided I like my boxes better when they are a surprise. I have done PYS 3 times including last month (when I didn't get the Mally lip gloss) and usually I ONLY like the PYS.

Ooh, that tea tree mask sounds amazing. It better be for that price tag, haha. I think I'll try that one! Seems like a good month for PYS choices. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess I'm in the minority here - I think all of these samples look great! Now the big decision is whether to pick a sample and risk limiting my options or getting a so-so box or not picking a sample in hopes that one of the four ends up in the box. Hmmmm.

I guess I'm in the minority here - I think all of these samples look great! Now the big decision is whether to pick a sample and risk limiting my options or getting a so-so box or not picking a sample in hopes that one of the four ends up in the box. Hmmmm.
I'm with you! I get three boxes & I'm having a hard time deciding which of the four I want. 

I think I'll probably skip the Amika. I LOVE IT, but I do have several little bottles & two big jars of it. I could probably live without more for a while ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm with you! I get three boxes & I'm having a hard time deciding which of the four I want. 

I think I'll probably skip the Amika. I LOVE IT, but I do have several little bottles & two big jars of it. I could probably live without more for a while ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Haha, this is always my dilemma.  I know I have plenty....but what if I run out someday!?

I really want the tea mask so I hope I manage to see the email before it runs out. I already have a ton of the Amika mask (I love it but I have two jars and a bunch of the sample sizes) and I hated the Juice peel.

Not totally in love with any PYS choices so I will just be surprised for once. I'm excited for the gift guide!! I need 20 more points to have $30...pretty excited I am new to BB and can't wait to get something with the points!

I'm leaning towards the Amika hair mask. I really like the No 4 mask - has anyone used both and can compare?
I have both, in full sizes.  I bought the Amika hair mask, along with the shampoo and conditioner, based on all the good reviews here and sadly it does not work for me.  It leaves my thick, coarse hair feeling dry and unclean, and worst of all not soft.  I've passed them on to my husband to use, lol.  The no.4 mask I absolutely adore, it does everything I wanted the Amike to do! 

Sooooooo random... I was just on the BB shop doing some casual browsing (weekly occurrence for me) and I saw an orange banner at the top of the screen that said "Thanks for being a subscriber.. we have a present for you" or something along those lines. I clicked on it and it brought me to this page: http://join.birchbox.com/wkeychain/

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 1.44.27 PM.png

I wasn't actually planning on purchasing anything today, and I'm not even 100% sure I want this keychain (wish it didn't say "Birchbox" on it haha), but I thought it was worth mentioning here. Seems like it will ship for free without even purchasing anything? Has this happened to anyone else? Does that link work for everyone else?

Edit: Here is the product page: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/catalog/product/view/id/12705

$15 lol -- also, maybe this is ACE only? Not sure.. item page says it is for "long-time subscribers." Kindof a thoughtful gesture.. I like it.
I got an email telling me they added this to my cart. All I had to do was checkout. Free keychain and no shipping or out of pocket expense.

I'm so torn... haven't done PYS yet, and got good boxes with two of the PYS items in each box so far. I do really want to try the Not Soap, Radio body wash because I adore lemon-scented things, but I'm also up to my ears in body wash already, so do I just let the chips fall where they may again? Argh, decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only PYS that I haven't tried is the Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask so I'll probably choose that on one account and leave it as a surprise on the second. Unless there's a curated box that I really like, then I'll probably go for that as my second box.

I'm thinking of not picking this month. I've liked my boxes but when I see what I've missed out on it makes me want to go random again. I've tried 2 of the 4 and have no interest in the body wash so this would be a good month to skip. Heck I picked last month (Model Co) primarily to avoid the curse of the L&B eyeliner and guess what showed up in my box anyway?

I think I might just go for random this month. Nothing jumps out at me this month as something I am excited to get, so I am okay with allowing the universe and BB to pick for me.

I want that tea mask!  Very glad that the other samples aren't tempting enough to make me re-sub my second account.  Already tried the Not Soap Radio body wash (good, but I'm not fond of lemon scents) and the Green Apple Peel (Too much for my sensitive skin).  The Amika mask is tempting, but I have a bunch of hair masks already.

Can't pass up a tea mask, though!   I want to smear it all over my face and then drink more tea! And watch something British! 

I'm currently torn between being surprised and picking the tea mask.

I've tried the soap and wasn't overwhelmed. I dislike peels. The only other sample I like is the hair mask, but I realized I can selected a travel size for $12 dollars on birchbox. 12 dollars to try something is more reasonable than $50ish. 

I like being surprised and I feel like I've been let down with the PYS boxes.....but I love tea...and masks. 

Has anyone tried both the Amika hair mask and the Macadamia Deep Repair Mask and can compare the two for me? I'm in serious need of a hair mask and am curious about the Amika one. I owned the Macadamia one before and other than the fragrance, I absolutely loved it; it worked miracles on my very thick, coarse, damaged hair, but I'm weary of the price.. it's twice as much as the Amika!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm struggling to decide between the amika and the tea mask.  I really like to treat myself to face masks, and I feel like the tea mask I can probably get 2 uses out of? Maybe? While the Amika, because of my hair, I know I will likely only get 1 use.

Decisions decisions.

Back