Birchbox November 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried both the Amika hair mask and the Macadamia Deep Repair Mask and can compare the two for me? I'm in serious need of a hair mask and am curious about the Amika one. I owned the Macadamia one before and other than the fragrance, I absolutely loved it; it worked miracles on my very thick, coarse, damaged hair, but I'm weary of the price.. it's twice as much as the Amika!
macadamia one was better for me

I thought the Amika did little for bringing moisture and shine to my hair. (it has a good amount of alcohol in it…I was disappointed because I wanted to love the stuff).  The Macadamia one actually did a nice job with my hair (all of their products do). I would go for the Macadmia product over the Amika.  You can also always find Maca stuff at TjMaxx too.

Has anyone tried both the Amika hair mask and the Macadamia Deep Repair Mask and can compare the two for me? I'm in serious need of a hair mask and am curious about the Amika one. I owned the Macadamia one before and other than the fragrance, I absolutely loved it; it worked miracles on my very thick, coarse, damaged hair, but I'm weary of the price.. it's twice as much as the Amika!
This is more of an enabler response, but check out Target (esp. online) for the Macadamia mask. For whatever reason, it is usually way cheaper there.

Edit:  So I looked and currently the 8.5 oz tub of the Macadamia hair mask is $15.79, and target.com is having free shipping on everything right now. 

http://www.target.com/p/macadamia-deep-mask-8-5-oz/-/A-14226538#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=macadamia

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
What day is sample choice for us aces again? Need to mark it on my calendar! I want that tea mask or the amika I believe...

Anyone know if there is a guest editor box yet?

What day is sample choice for us aces again? Need to mark it on my calendar! I want that tea mask or the amika I believe...

Anyone know if there is a guest editor box yet?
Aces & subscribers who have referred friends will get to pick their sample 10/27. Everyone else will get to pick 10/28.

I thought the Amika did little for bringing moisture and shine to my hair. (it has a good amount of alcohol in it…I was disappointed because I wanted to love the stuff).  The Macadamia one actually did a nice job with my hair (all of their products do). I would go for the Macadmia product over the Amika.  You can also always find Maca stuff at TjMaxx too.
 I purchased a bunch of amica products at the liter sale on one of the websites.  I was very disappointed with them in that they did nothing for my hair either.   The macadamia did however make my hair look better

This is more of an enabler response, but check out Target (esp. online) for the Macadamia mask. For whatever reason, it is usually way cheaper there.

Edit:  So I looked and currently the 8.5 oz tub of the Macadamia hair mask is $15.79, and target.com is having free shipping on everything right now. 

http://www.target.com/p/macadamia-deep-mask-8-5-oz/-/A-14226538#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=macadamia

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I'm going to purchase it right meow!

I purchased a bunch of amica products at the liter sale on one of the websites.  I was very disappointed with them in that they did nothing for my hair either.   The macadamia did however make my hair look better
Yes, this was me too! Such disappointing products for me. 

Definitely torn between the Tea Mask, Green Apple Peel and Amika Hair Mask.

I wasn't a fan of the Not Soap Radio Body Wash at all.

Hopefully the curated box is amazing. I usually like those.

I don't think I've tried Amika yet, but I can definitely say that Macadamia Cleansing Conditioner was a HUGE bust for me last month. I was sad =(

Did anyone add Birchbox Plus for November? Man, I love Pura Vida bracelets and that 4 pack is available again for add-on. Ugh, I'm gonna go for it!

Ugh.......all sold out!

I am not interested in any of the PYS choices- I don't need/.want skincare products and don't use masks. I already have haircare and skincare products I love and swear by, plus I have sensitive skin and so many of the products birchbox sends out has extracts and essential oils that irritate my skin.

I am thinking I might cancel for next month but I guess I will wait to see what other products might be offered along with these. I did cancel my second one though. If there are good things, I will keep my first one a month more but I will just leave it up to chance again, although it didn't work out for me last month, lol.

I am not interested in any of the PYS choices- I don't need/.want skincare products and don't use masks. I already have haircare and skincare products I love and swear by, plus I have sensitive skin and so many of the products birchbox sends out has extracts and essential oils that irritate my skin.

I am thinking I might cancel for next month but I guess I will wait to see what other products might be offered along with these. I did cancel my second one though. If there are good things, I will keep my first one a month more but I will just leave it up to chance again, although it didn't work out for me last month, lol.
I will warn you, Birchbox sends out a lot of skincare and haircare products.  They will try to tailor them to your profile but there is no way to opt out of them.  Do you have a trade list?  That might be a great way to trade for items you might like better.  

Did anyone add Birchbox Plus for November? Man, I love Pura Vida bracelets and that 4 pack is available again for add-on. Ugh, I'm gonna go for it!

Ugh.......all sold out!
I love Pura Vida! You can purchase their products from puravidabracelets.com for 50% off your entire order, and they have a really expansive selection compared to Birchbox. If you can't find the coupon code online, let me know and I can email you a referral (you can also get $20 for referrals fyi).

As a student, I try to save as much as I can, but somehow I feel less guilty buying stuff that donates a portion of their proceeds to charity.

P.S. I don't work for Pura Vida or anything.. heh. I just love their shit! I don't wear any other bracelets, really.

None of the PYS choices appeal to me in the least so it looks like I'll be going old school this month. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they choose for me even if it will likely include one of the PYS options anyway.

I love Pura Vida! You can purchase their products from puravidabracelets.com for 50% off your entire order, and they have a really expansive selection compared to Birchbox. If you can't find the coupon code online, let me know and I can email you a referral (you can also get $20 for referrals fyi).

As a student, I try to save as much as I can, but somehow I feel less guilty buying stuff that donates a portion of their proceeds to charity.

P.S. I don't work for Pura Vida or anything.. heh. I just love their shit! I don't wear any other bracelets, really.
I've used the 50% code many times, but thanks for the tip :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back