Birchbox November 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the Amika Smoothing Balm for when I straighten my hair. It smells lovely and I definitely notice a difference in the softness of my hair and how straight it gets.  But I havent tried any of their other products.

I love Pura Vida! You can purchase their products from puravidabracelets.com for 50% off your entire order, and they have a really expansive selection compared to Birchbox. If you can't find the coupon code online, let me know and I can email you a referral (you can also get $20 for referrals fyi).

As a student, I try to save as much as I can, but somehow I feel less guilty buying stuff that donates a portion of their proceeds to charity.

P.S. I don't work for Pura Vida or anything.. heh. I just love their shit! I don't wear any other bracelets, really.
I would love the coupon code for 50% off if you will share  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i got that Guatemalan pouch thingie.  I love their colorful patterns and designs.
 What is Birch Box Plus?  I thought I knew the web-site pretty well...  Can't find that anywhere?  Halp!!

ZoomButt.gif

I will warn you, Birchbox sends out a lot of skincare and haircare products.  They will try to tailor them to your profile but there is no way to opt out of them.  Do you have a trade list?  That might be a great way to trade for items you might like better.  
Yeah, I've been with them since 2011 so I know but back in the day, they hardly sent any. I use to get really good boxes- lots of makeup and body care which I love, hardly any skincare or haircare. These days though, not so much.

I have a big box of stuff I don't want or won't use and I donate it to the local women's shelter. I thought about trading but I've been burnt on things like that in the past so I'd rather donate the items instead.

What to pick, what to pick?! I do looove hair masks so I might end up that route, or maybe leave it up to fate? 

Someone's Birchbox has been sitting in the package vestibule of my apartment building for about 2 weeks now.  Is it weird that I really want them to pick it up?  How can you let that sit there for two weeks and not want to open it?  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm pretty sure mine has been in the vestibule of somebody else's apartment building since last Thursday. More likely the mailman gave it to one of the neighbors. I hope whoever got it enjoys it. Birchbox CS said they're sending a new one, but I bet I get an e-mail next week saying they can't.

So, I just used last month's PYS link and the currated box is already up:

THE HAPPY HOLIDAY HACKS BOX
We partnered with BuzzFeed Life to bring you this custom box, filled with samples to make the season that much merrier.

BOX INCLUDES:

Mirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24hr Mascara
a formula that lengthens, curls, and lasts

Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist Mask
refresh and refine skin in minutes

Greenleaf Signature Candle in Silver Spruce
for a warm glow and wintry scent

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips
great for lips—and cuticles too

amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
absorbs oil and adds volume

Now I really don't know what to choose.   :unsure2:

I've already tried all the PYS except for the face mask (have full sizes of the Amika--HG for me--and the body wash which smells yummy) and don't want the curated box (no more mascara and I just don't burn candles ever). Skipping sample selection this month.  Last month I chose a PYS to avoid the eyeliner.  And ha--received 2 of the eyeliners in addition to my PYS (a mistake, I'm sure).  

And for the Amika, I had gotten a sample of it from BB a long time ago, but I do remember that it was a foil--a huge foil (Ithink 1 oz?).  That's 1/2 the size of the travel size that's sold on BB and a pretty good size, but I wanted to bring that up bc I know some of you hate foils regardless of size.   

Now that I know what's in the curated box I am definitely ignoring the pys email. I did not want that nipple stuff in last month's box and luckily got box 14. I hope they aren't going to just keep sending it each month until everyone gets it.

I'm happy to know what's in the curated box.  I already have the Dr. Jart and Amika items and probably don't need more mascara.  Looks like I will be sticking to my plan to try the two different masks on my different accounts.  

It looks like they have taken steps to keep people from choosing a sample early using the old e-mail.  You can go to the sample choice page but it says that everything is out of stock.  Seems like they will make it "in stock" when the PYS choice window opens up.  

So, I just used last month's PYS link and the currated box is already up:
Thanks for sharing.  It's kind of tempting, but I just don't do dry shampoo.  I would probably like most of the PYS choices in the non-curated boxes, so maybe I'll just choose one of those instead.  Or not choose at all and see what happens.

Oouu I like the looks of the curated box. I don't have any interest in the sample choices since month so I'll definitely be going for that on one of my accounts.

That's weird. When I go to the pick your sample link from last month I see a totally different curated box :s. The one I see is from (RED) and not BuzzFeed. Strange.

Back