Birchbox November 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are Aces still supposed to get early selection? The reveal video & webpage don't mention Aces at all but only the friend referral.

I was hopeful that the supposed switch to the website link - rather than the email - would really smooth things out but apparently not. I truly do NOT understand why sample selection is consistently such an organizational mess; it makes NO sense.

Ah well...if this were the biggest concern in my life I'd be in great shape! Much easier to obsess about this though than things that really matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they're using a new method this month. The way the video explained it, we log into our accounts, choose the "your box" link at the top, and then "customize your next month's box," (the same method for adding bb plus items and add-ons) and when sample choice is open, we make our choice there. The video did say they will send an email reminding us to do this, which I haven't gotten yet (both accounts are aces).

So I don't think the links from previous month's email will update. I did check my accounts via the aforementioned method within the last hour, and it doesn't look like the sample choice selections are open yet.
ahhh, I see it now. But no november choices yet. The other way was so easy, I don't know why they changed it.. oh well.

Are Aces still supposed to get early selection? The reveal video & webpage don't mention Aces at all but only the friend referral.

I was hopeful that the supposed switch to the website link - rather than the email - would really smooth things out but apparently not. I truly do NOT understand why sample selection is consistently such an organizational mess; it makes NO sense.

Ah well...if this were the biggest concern in my life I'd be in great shape! Much easier to obsess about this though than things that really matter.
yes, I was told by CS that Aces are suppose to get their emails of PYS by the end of the day today. They said it WILL be in an email like usual.

For some reason they accidentally cancelled my account while I was in chat with them, which now royally screws me for the pYS!!! I am so peeved.

I didn't get an email but the customize my box page finally allowed me to choose a sample. Does anyone know the link to buy the curated box in the shop? Is it for sale? I can't find it and was hoping to buy it as well...

I also was able to pick my sample ~ I went with the curated box on my ACES account as I did open up my 2nd sub to do a PYS item

I didn't want to take the chance that they wouldn't allow us to purchase the curated box .  I didn't see any link to purchase the curated box

I made my PYS choice on my account and then added on a necklace (that I thought had shown sold out earlier, but was now available.)  I'm super excited about the LOC shadow stick and I've never done an add-on.

Now I just hope I get a confirmation email soon.  November is looking good for Birchbox!

EDIT:  Just got my confirmation emails for both the PYS and add-on.  Perfect.

For the past twenty minutes all I got was a spinning B logo. Now it's just back to the video and add on items. How late do they expect me to stay up for this?  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I picked the red lipstick on one and impress me eye shadow stick on the other. Now, I wish I picked the curated box since I already have too many red lipsticks as it is.

For the past twenty minutes all I got was a spinning B logo. Now it's just back to the video and add on items. How late do they expect me to stay up for this? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Spinning B logo is all I've got on either account (one on laptop, the other on iPad). I've a feeling this transition page wasn't quite ready to go live...plus, I've had issues with the site all day. I was trying to browse that 30-40% sale category, and every time after I'd clicked on an individual item page and try to get back to the main sale page I would automatically be logged out.

I picked the curated box on my ACES account and the nude lipstick on my non-aces-referred-myself-yesterday box. Both went through/confirmed on the site even though I didn't get an email with a link. Fingers crossed it all works out!

I got my email just now, however this new way of selecting samples sucks on mobile if you have multiple accounts. The email basically recognizes your first choice not recognizing a different email from a different account.

Still no email over here, I did the referral. Also not showing on the customization page...

So is there an option to add on the Glam Life Guru box when you do PYS?

Oh good grief I opened my work email on my phone and it said I selected impress me, which I did for my non work email account...then I got a confirmation on my work email. What a mess Birchbox, why, why did you have to funk it up?!

Haven't received emails inviting me to choose, but I managed to log in on both accounts and do sample choice from my box pages. Chose the Impress Me eyeshadow stick on one, and the berry lippie on the other. Haven't received confirmation emails yet, but I took screen shots of each sample as it was confirmed on the box page....fingers crossed that this fakakta new system doesn't create more opportunities for screw ups with everyone's sample choice(s)!

I try to choose but nothing happens. Normally the page loads and says good choice. Now I am just sitting looking at the same screen no matter how many times I click on the stupid button.  :angry:  As soon as I sent a crabby email I got my confirmation. I really hate this new system. I think they just want you to look at all the plus items and make an impulse buy.

Back