Birchbox October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mermaidly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It definitely looks gold, though, which would look terrible on my cool-toned, extremely fair skin.
FWIW I also have fair cool-toned skin and I was concerned about the Mary Lou-Manizer's goldness - but if use a fluffy brush it goes on sheer such that it imparts luminosity without obvious pigment.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you! I kept debating between Cho & Farrah 
Ummm... I say get them all?! Lol, I have both and they are fantastic; either way, I don't think you can lose when picking up Zoya polishes! 
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by sakurak /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FWIW I also have fair cool-toned skin and I was concerned about the Mary Lou-Manizer's goldness - but if use a fluffy brush it goes on sheer such that it imparts luminosity without obvious pigment.
 I used the Lou-Manizer finally and really liked it. I used a fan brush to pick up the product and dust it over the areas I want highlighted. Perfect bit of luminosity and glow..I'm sold and will be buying a full size when I get this one down to pan. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

1. My first box was lost in the shipping "snafu". I really wanted to try that Manizer highlighter.

2. The replacement box that I was supposed to get also included the Manizer (yay!) and it currently showing up on my Birchbox account.

3. I got the Goop box, with TINY samples I have already gotten before. Yes, the nail polish was nice, but in the end I just paid 10 dollars for an 8 dollar nail polish, and I didn't even get to choose the color.

I know I should be "glad" I got a box at all.... but sheesh. I am so turned off right now. I don't doubt that they are working hard and doing everything they can to fix this mess of a month, but I feel bummed. November better be good...

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can I just say I adore you? You're freaking hilarious lol...so a post with no bang...not a bad thing, just different. Like the siggy

jawsdown.gif
OMIGOSH! I have no idea how to respond?!?! Should I be BLUSHING?! Because I totally am!!!!! I feel so... noticed!!! *tears*

I didn't mean to post a bangless post D:

I blame Hurricane Sandy. She's very distracting. But luckily, I prepared for her and got some emergency provisions:

marchmellow.gif
< this is probably what my happy donut dance looks like. Because everyone has a happy donut dance.

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

jawsdown.gif
OMIGOSH! I have no idea how to respond?!?! Should I be BLUSHING?! Because I totally am!!!!! I feel so... noticed!!! *tears*

I didn't mean to post a bangless post D:

I blame Hurricane Sandy. She's very distracting. But luckily, I prepared for her and got some emergency provisions:

marchmellow.gif
< this is probably what my happy donut dance looks like. Because everyone has a happy donut dance.
I'm jelly lol...wait, no jelly donuts? Best of luck with that nasty hurricane, but seriously..love your posts, I read them and snort from laughter sometimes. It takes a lot to make me snort!

so. i've been scraping as much product out of my small little naked princess tube as possible anytime i go out on the weekends. i'm sadly hooked on this stuff.

i said before that i wouldn't use points on a product this expensive but something about it has me HOOKED (maybe the almond oil in it is addictive perhaps).

i closed my regular account and set up a gift account through the same account email. does anyone know if i can review products on that account to add to the points i have now? if that's the case, maybe i'll cave in and get the lip shine.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so. i've been scraping as much product out of my small little naked princess tube as possible anytime i go out on the weekends. i'm sadly hooked on this stuff.

i said before that i wouldn't use points on a product this expensive but something about it has me HOOKED (maybe the almond oil in it is addictive perhaps).

i closed my regular account and set up a gift account through the same account email. does anyone know if i can review products on that account to add to the points i have now? if that's the case, maybe i'll cave in and get the lip shine.
Did you have points on the old account?  On the new account, did those review points go to the old account?  I do know that you cannot transfer points, so it's just going to depend on whether you use the same login information on the new account.  Birchbox might not even consider it to be a new account if you used the same email for both subscriptions, but you're going to have to look at where the points for the reviews are going.

Originally Posted by beautybeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. My first box was lost in the shipping "snafu". I really wanted to try that Manizer highlighter.

2. The replacement box that I was supposed to get also included the Manizer (yay!) and it currently showing up on my Birchbox account.

3. I got the Goop box, with TINY samples I have already gotten before. Yes, the nail polish was nice, but in the end I just paid 10 dollars for an 8 dollar nail polish, and I didn't even get to choose the color.

I know I should be "glad" I got a box at all.... but sheesh. I am so turned off right now. I don't doubt that they are working hard and doing everything they can to fix this mess of a month, but I feel bummed. November better be good...
My replacement box has yet to ship. They promised me a notification on Friday. Didn't happen. No updates on my page. I'm hoping for points now. It's pretty clear that it's stupid to continue to hope for my replacement box.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you have points on the old account?  On the new account, did those review points go to the old account?  I do know that you cannot transfer points, so it's just going to depend on whether you use the same login information on the new account.  Birchbox might not even consider it to be a new account if you used the same email for both subscriptions, but you're going to have to look at where the points for the reviews are going.
i had points left from my old (regular subscription) account. then i activated my 3 month gift account with that same email and received my first gift box last week. i haven't received any way review that first gift box for points yet, but i also don't know how gift accounts work entirely. i guess we'll just wait and see!

I'm jelly lol...wait, no jelly donuts? Best of luck with that nasty hurricane, but seriously..love your posts, I read them and snort from laughter sometimes. It takes a lot to make me snort!
AHHH No alas, I am but a simple soul- no filled donuts for I.

Nothing's going on right now as far as I can tell but I've been in my room all day thinking about cleaning...

On a different note:: I just ordered the Clarisonic Mia2 from Sephora just now and I'm freaking out!!!! Big purchases give me anxiety I think.... guhhhhh

Also I'm watching extreme couponing and I think this scares me more than Paranormal Activity.

AHHH No alas, I am but a simple soul- no filled donuts for I.

Nothing's going on right now as far as I can tell but I've been in my room all day thinking about cleaning...

On a different note:: I just ordered the Clarisonic Mia2 from Sephora just now and I'm freaking out!!!! Big purchases give me anxiety I think.... guhhhhh

Also I'm watching extreme couponing and I think this scares me more than Paranormal Activity.
Lol, the combo of making a big purchase and watching a show about hoarder/couponators might be doing it! 

Lol, the combo of making a big purchase and watching a show about hoarder/couponators might be doing it! 
Don't use your logic on me!!! It hurts teh brains!!!! x_X

I did use a coupon though lolllll

Don't use your logic on me!!! It hurts teh brains!!!! x_X

I did use a coupon though lolllll
Those hoarder's would be proud. I am a fan of the show...I'm amazed and a little grossed out by the amount of stockpiling these peeps are able to do..I know 2 people who have that skill and madness..lol, I've picked up some tips and tricks, but will never be on that level!

Maybe if they are casting for "mascara hoarders" or "lip product hoarders" they will find me.

I did see an October Pick 2 up for a little while, but very soon it became just the LA Fresh option, and then it wouldn't let you select that, either.

I used a 20% off coupon the other day and points, got the following for $10 total, free shipping:

Zoya Skylar

Color Club Editorial

Deborah Lippmann On the Beach

Deborah Lippmann Modern Love

Those hoarder's would be proud. I am a fan of the show...I'm amazed and a little grossed out by the amount of stockpiling these peeps are able to do..I know 2 people who have that skill and madness..lol, I've picked up some tips and tricks, but will never be on that level!
I want them to organize my room like they organize their stockpile. 

I do love how some of them donate their stockpiles to charity. I think that's rad.

I want them to organize my room like they organize their stockpile.  I do love how some of them donate their stockpiles to charity. I think that's rad.
There was serious backlash after the first season, because most came off as hoarders and shelf clearers.. they've focused more on highlighting how the couponing can be good, too. Not to say the first season couponers don't donate or do good, but you only saw their stockpiles and a crazy haul. I can usually get decent deals on household and drugstore items, evident that I have 5+ tubes of toothpaste I paid tax only on and haven't purchased since the beginning of the year...or something like that. That's after donating for the annual food/household drive a church I attend hosts and my older brother picking through on occasion..plus there are 4 people in my household lol. I know several ladies are pretty savvy and much more skilled than I around here on MuT regarding couponing.

What have you had your eye on? And what do you need to replace? If I were in your position I would probably try a new foundation or maybe shadow palette I normally wouldn't buy.

Latest posts

Back