Birchbox: The December boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i cant wait to get my box!! 
roflmao.gif
i was charged on the 1st and my last 2 came on the 10th..  i dont want to know what im getting ....im not even looking at the boxes until mine comes..  woooohoooo!

Thanks for the referral Dena!  I can't wait to get my box.  It will be in just on time for my birthday!  woohoo! 
birthday.gif

hey babydoll!!  glad to see you on here! im going to 'follow' you.. WELCOME MONICA!!!!

claps.gif

Originally Posted by monica75052 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the referral Dena!  I can't wait to get my box.  It will be in just on time for my birthday!  woohoo! 
birthday.gif

do you read marie claire magazine???

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hey babydoll!!  glad to see you on here! im going to 'follow' you.. WELCOME MONICA!!!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by monica75052 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

birthday.gif

whats gogogirlfriends??

Originally Posted by Laced Ivory /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got to know of Birchbox and GoGoGirlfriends through MakeupTalk forums and I'm really excited because it seems like there is a similar thing in Singapore called the BellaBox. I subscribed today and will only get the January one, since it's already December and may be too late to get this month's box. If it's good, I'll probably get a full year's subscription. I think beauty bloggers, like many of us here, need this stuff! Plus, it's really cool and feels like we're receiving presents in the mail every month!

xoxo,

Roxanne

I almost wasn't going to get December's BB (with all my holiday spending, I was going to try to save a few bucks here and there) but after seeing that sneak peak item, I couldn't resist having that in my collection. I'm looking forward to getting mine. I can't wait for my shipping confirmation... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You get the amount of points depending on how many months you buy, 3 months (30pnts), 6 months (60 pnts), etc. So you'd get 20 more points setting it up as a referral. Just make sure you cancel after 3 months because gifts automatically stop but the referrals don't.

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to set my Mom up for a three month subscription for her birthday in January. Does anyone know if I get points for signing her up? Would it make more sense (points wise) to set it up as a referral? 

Good to know. I'm planning on getting my BFF a subscription for her birthday in Feb!

Originally Posted by jayeldubya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You get the amount of points depending on how many months you buy, 3 months (30pnts), 6 months (60 pnts), etc. So you'd get 20 more points setting it up as a referral. Just make sure you cancel after 3 months because gifts automatically stop but the referrals don't.

Dena, if you read the comments on the link that she put in her post, that will explain it.

why do you say that?  gimme the scoop please
wavey.gif

Anxiously awaiting my shipment email! =)

I also emailed BB a few days ago about making sure my address was updated in time but I havent heard a reply =(

Originally Posted by ciaobella9821 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also emailed BB a few days ago about making sure my address was updated in time but I havent heard a reply =(

I've been obsessively checking my email for shipment confirmation lol 

I think someone said earlier that they hoped they'd send it a little earlier due to slow mail times in Dec & I was really hoping for the same thing so I probably started the email craziness days and days earlier than was really necessary hahaha

oooopsss.. i didnt even notice the link..  thanks  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dena, if you read the comments on the link that she put in her post, that will explain it.

i just watched these 2 (gogogirlfriend) you tube video.. oct & nov.... and aside from a few shade differences, the boxes look the same.. YIKES! i would no be happy to get some thing 2 months in a row.. ty for the gogogirlfriend warning....*also their site isnt too inviting or informative either......(boooooooooooooooooooo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuR4c-6OaEM               (nov box)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8eCtzsFLJU                (oct box)

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another subscription service in the US. I highly recommend avoiding that one.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/121649/november-gogogirlfriend-box

It's really dependant on when they sign up.  You don't get the same box two months in a row.  Both of those are technically October's box.

My November box didn't have but like five or six things in it, most of which I've not used.

I WILL warn you though, they say you'll get a shipping confirmation email about two weeks after payment.  Hahahahahaha.  Not quite.  I'm nearing a month since my last payment and STILL nothing.   They also have a wait list.  The other thread'll show the people complaining.

On their facebook page they deleted "negative" comments about people not receiving shipping notices I believe, but mine's still up there(well, the one that says I'm still waiting for my NORMAL box).

i just watched these 2 (gogogirlfriend) you tube video.. oct & nov.... and aside from a few shade differences, the boxes look the same.. YIKES! i would no be happy to get some thing 2 months in a row.. ty for the gogogirlfriend warning....*also their site isnt too inviting or informative either......(boooooooooooooooooooo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuR4c-6OaEM               (nov box)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8eCtzsFLJU                (oct box)

Whenever I have a customer service question, I give them a call and have always reached someone and gotten an answer right away. Here's their phone #: 877-487-7272 

Back