Birchbox: The June Box discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mario Badescu has a rosewater, aloe and herb facial spray that is similar too.  It has a floral scent that is mostly rose.  Its less expensive than the Melvita (7.00).  I mostly use it as a refresher, and was really glad to have it on the near 100 degree days we had in Boston last week.  I love the scent of cucumbers in the summertime, so might try the ELF spray too. Thanks for sharing that!

If anyone is interested, if you email Melvita with your address, they will send you samples of a few of their products.  I emailed them a couple of weeks ago, and recievied 6 or 7 samples a week later.  The samples were all organic skin care items. 
Thats awsome! I just might have to do that! What did you say in the e-mail?

Originally Posted by SimplyChelle xX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What did you say in the e-mail to jouer? Ive been wondering about this....How did you like the samples? and what did you choose?
I said i couldn't decided on what color of their lip gloss i wanted and named 2 colors. 

here is what they sent (the whole process took maybe 2 weeks) lip condtioner, 2 lip gloss samples in the colors i mentioned plus 2 foil packs of the luminizing tint in 2 different colors ( i mentioned i had very pale skin)

ps- Mario Badescu does the same thing- fill out their skin type survey and when they show you what the prices are for 'your personalized skin care routine' just close the browser window. they email 3 days later and offer free sample to show you how great their stuff is. here's what I got (took 3-4 weeks for the whole thing) the item with the black cap is daily collegen spf 15 i think but the cap was cracked so i had to transfer to a container i had)

what do you email to melvita? Did you just use the contact us section on the website? thanks!

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I said i couldn't decided on what color of their lip gloss i wanted and named 2 colors. 

here is what they sent (the whole process took maybe 2 weeks)

Awsome! I am going to e-mail them now and cross my fingers!!

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mario Badescu has a rosewater, aloe and herb facial spray that is similar too.  It has a floral scent that is mostly rose.  Its less expensive than the Melvita (7.00).  I mostly use it as a refresher, and was really glad to have it on the near 100 degree days we had in Boston last week.  I love the scent of cucumbers in the summertime, so might try the ELF spray too. Thanks for sharing that!

If anyone is interested, if you email Melvita with your address, they will send you samples of a few of their products.  I emailed them a couple of weeks ago, and recievied 6 or 7 samples a week later.  The samples were all organic skin care items. 
Ooh, thanks for the tip! Love free samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I emailed Melvita and Jouer and told them that I received a sample in my Birchbox and that I was interested in trying some more of there products and they were more then happy to send me more samples.

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I honestly don't know what happened with them this month.  It seems like a lot of people (or a lot more than should be) are having their boxes come SO late!  This is crazy.  They should just ship out the next month a few days before the end of the month so you can actually use it the month it's for (like July's box should ship out at the end of June, etc).  That's what Julep does...and I know BB is prob bigger than Julep, but it's nice that you don't have some people getting their box the 7th of the month and others who get it the 27th!  Just sayin'.  And this is my first month of two boxes...I think July will be the second and last for that for me.

yup it certainly would be nice. i'm just guessing there were a lotttt of boxes this month. a bunch of us have been starting 2nd boxes too. woops.

Just got my prom queen and beauty queen full size stains in the mail! For anyone wondering I would describe the Prom Queen color as an orange based red...not really pink at all, imo. On me it looks like I've just eaten a cherry popsicle when I put it on my lips. It's not a bad color but the description of it being a 'sheer rosy pink' isn't accurate.

Originally Posted by SimplyChelle xX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats awsome! I just might have to do that! What did you say in the e-mail?
I just said that I had just heard about the Melvita brand, and that I would like to try their products.  I said I had sensitive skin, and was wondering if they had any samples they could send me.  I got a reply the next day asking for my mailing address. 

I like the samples they sent, and am planning on purchasing a few things from them.  They are very reasonably priced, especially for a French organic brand.  Melvita is owned by L'Occitane, so if anyone likes L'Occitane they might want to give Melvita a try. Its the same great quality.

I e-mailed Jouer and said I had heard about their lip products because of Birchbox a couple months ago, but had not received any products in my box. I also told them I have a blog and I post reviews there and that I was looking forward to reviewing Jouer products and they already looked like something I would buy based on reviews I had seen on YouTube from ladies who got Jouer in their Birchbox. The reply was very quick. I chose the samples from the list they had available and gave them my address and the customer service agent e-mailed back that my samples would be in the mail shortly. It took 3 weeks and 1 day. Lip Gloss Mirage - Dusty Pink Mauve Tender - Peach Lip Sheers Positano - Burgundy St. Tropez - Copper with Shimmer St. Barths - Dark Reddish Orange Capri - Peach Leaning Toward Pink I declined the concealer or whatever it was for the face. I did get the lip enhancer. Another sample to go on my trade thread after I get my July Birchbox. I am kinda mad that the Lip Sheers are just 4 little smears on a plastic container. But it's free and I can apply them with my fingers, so I will be trying them out. And they melted. Ick. But not too bad. Tammy ThePeridotCricket

I'm loving my Stainiac!!  I put a dot on each cheek when I'm done with everything else and blend it in, and it gives a great glow.  I read about other people having trouble with seeing the dots, but I just do one side and blend, then go to the other side, and I haven't had a problem. I really like the color when I put it on my lips, but it feels sticky for a long time, which is weird I think, but I haven't tried any lip stains before, so maybe that's normal...

I'm scared to use my tanning wipes!  Seems like people have had good and bad experiences with them... I'm pretty pale so self-tanning mistakes show up like crazy on me.

Originally Posted by Naun-Negotiable /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i really like it under foundation (well, under bb i guess) - i am pasty in the face area so it helps me feel less ghoulish in all this sun haha.i don't think i would purchase it but i will use up what i have!
I agree with this!  I didn't get the bronzer in my box, but I traded my headband for it.  When I used it as a primer under my tinted moisturizer, I felt like I had a nice glow without being too sparkly.  Thankfully!  I'll never forget the day I bought and used some Burt's Bees Radiance body lotion which I (for some unknown reason) had no idea was shimmery... When I went outside in the sunlight I looked like a twilight vampire!  LOL

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love LUSH, and I really like their solid shampoos for a lot of reasons (no packaging, ease of travel) but I do not find them particularly moisturizing.  OF the solid shampoos, the ocean one (blue with seaweed) is more moisturizing than Godiva.  The scent of Godiva is completely heavenly though, so I alternate between those two a lot.

Their liquid shampoos are more moisturizing, but still nothing especially noteworthy.  I've only used one of their conditioners, but liked it a lot.  I think it was called Jungle or Jungle Something-Something (forgotten the rest), and it was a solid also.  The staff are great about explaining the difference, letting you feel what the product is like, etc. 
i too LOVE their solid shampoos, although i HATED the seaweed one. I like Karma Koomba and Jumping Juniper, but they are not moisturizing in the least...i have really short hair so i doesn't matter much.  The conditioner is called Jungle, also not my favorite - but it works well enough and is super easy to travel with. 

I love the herbalism face cleanser though - and use it daily with my clairsonic!  My face looks so much better since i've been using it!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A picture of my tan! This is after using one whole towel on my right leg only. 

Yikes! Thighs! LOL!

Just an update...1 week and 6 days later and I still have a noticeable tan on my right leg, and this was one whole towel on one whole leg. I'm actually quite impressed with these!

Kudos to Birchbox and their great CS.. I emailed them because I only received one tanning towel...I received an email a few days ago that they would send some more to me... yesterday I received two more towels!  Woo hoo!

This is the e-mail I sent to Melvita asking about samples today. It might look a little corny, but this format has worked when I've asked for samples from other companies, so I'm sticking with it.

Hello, Melvita Customer Service.

My name is Tammy, and I was introduced to the Melvita brand in June by Birchbox. However, I did not receive any Melvita samples in my Birchbox. I am interested in trying your company's products. I have oily skin and adult acne, so I do not wear makeup products. I have found that if I put anything on my face except organic products and products designed to treat acne, my breakouts increase. Are there any products you could recommend or any samples available directly from Melvita for acne-prone skin? I am looking to change my skincare routine and purchase new products that work for me. I would appreciate any assistance you could offer.

Thank you for your consideration.

Tammy Hartman

Melvita has a shop in Seattle, which is a ferry ride away lol! Maybe I'll contact them and see if I can get a sample of their products. At least I know where to buy them!

Melvita wrote back to me and they are sending samples my way. Thanks again for posting about that!

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the e-mail I sent to Melvita asking about samples today. It might look a little corny, but this format has worked when I've asked for samples from other companies, so I'm sticking with it.

Hello, Melvita Customer Service.

My name is Tammy, and I was introduced to the Melvita brand in June by Birchbox. However, I did not receive any Melvita samples in my Birchbox. I am interested in trying your company's products. I have oily skin and adult acne, so I do not wear makeup products. I have found that if I put anything on my face except organic products and products designed to treat acne, my breakouts increase. Are there any products you could recommend or any samples available directly from Melvita for acne-prone skin? I am looking to change my skincare routine and purchase new products that work for me. I would appreciate any assistance you could offer.

Thank you for your consideration.

Tammy Hartman
That doesnt sound corny.  It sounds great, and obviously very effective for you.

I'm really happy with the samples they sent me.  In the reply they sent to my original email, I was told they had a limited number of samples, but I'm not sure it that means samples on a limited number of products, or just a limited number to send out. 

That doesnt sound corny.  It sounds great, and obviously very effective for you. I'm really happy with the samples they sent me.  In the reply they sent to my original email, I was told they had a limited number of samples, but I'm not sure it that means samples on a limited number of products, or just a limited number to send out. 
They said the same thing to me. I was a lil confused about exactly what they meant too. I'll attach the email they sent me. Dear Ms. Moya: Thank you for your interest in Melvita. We have a limited selection of samples available in our Customer Service Center. We are sending a selection of our skin care samples to the address provided below. Regards, Customer Service | Melvita

Latest posts

Back