Birchbox: The June Box discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is off topic, but I'm curious about the Dior Diorshow Extase mascara that some of us received in our Gossip GIrl boxes.  

I have been using this sample 3-5 days a week since I received it, and my eyelashes are now very long and thick.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

I had always had very long and thick lashes.  I couldnt wear glasses because my lashes got in the way of the lenses, and I was frequently accused of wearing falsies (back before falsies were popular), but the past couple of years they had gotten much thinner and not as long.  They're now longer and thicker than ever!  Before sampling the Dior, I had used a Lancome mascara exclusively for years.  Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else who used this mascara noticed this?

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just an update...1 week and 6 days later and I still have a noticeable tan on my right leg, and this was one whole towel on one whole leg. I'm actually quite impressed with these!
Wow!  Those tanning towels do a great job!  From what I can see in your picture, your tan looks very even and natural. 

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is off topic, but I'm curious about the Dior Diorshow Extase mascara that some of us received in our Gossip GIrl boxes.  

I have been using this sample 3-5 days a week since I received it, and my eyelashes are now very long and thick.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

I had always had very long and thick lashes.  I couldnt wear glasses because my lashes got in the way of the lenses, and I was frequently accused of wearing falsies (back before falsies were popular), but the past couple of years they had gotten much thinner and not as long.  They're now longer and thicker than ever!  Before sampling the Dior, I had used a Lancome mascara exclusively for years.  Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else who used this mascara noticed this?
I haven't noticed this but I've only use it every now and then. I'm going to use it everyday and see. I could use some thicker longer lashes!!!!

Originally Posted by Denise Moya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They said the same thing to me. I was a lil confused about exactly what they meant too. I'll attach the email they sent me.

Dear Ms. Moya:

Thank you for your interest in Melvita. We have a limited selection of samples available in our Customer Service Center. We are sending a selection of our skin care samples to the address provided below.

Regards,

Customer Service | Melvita
dang. I said kind of the same thing but haven't gotten an email from them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Said I wasn't lucky enough to get one of their products in BB this month and was interested in their products. hmm.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

dang. I said kind of the same thing but haven't gotten an email from them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Said I wasn't lucky enough to get one of their products in BB this month and was interested in their products. hmm.
When did you email them? It took them only 2 days to get back to me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am getting the Mario Badescu samples, but Melvita told me no.  Hmmmm....I wonder if they got bombarded with sample requests. 

Melvita emailed me back today and said yes. I just emailed them yesterday too!

They sent me the same email that Denise got.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, well, maybe Melvita didn't like my email! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'll try again with a different email address. 
Here's what I said:

[SIZE=13.5pt]Hello! I am interested in trying your products for review and possible purchase. I have heard wonderful things and would love to sample some items to try for myself! Any [/SIZE][SIZE=14.5pt]samples[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt] you can provide would be greatly appreciated.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Thank you for your time,[/SIZE]

IIe

I am getting the Mario Badescu samples, but Melvita told me no.  Hmmmm....I wonder if they got bombarded with sample requests. 
I specified organic or for acne-prone skin and Melvita replied they do not have samples available. Then for about 2 paragraphs the e-mail went on abiut how they are organic. I am kinda mad because I asked for organic samples, not just acne relates samples and they completely blew that off. I am going to reply and ask if they do have samples available in any of their lines, beimg as they are all organic.

Hey did anyone feel a stinging / aggressively tingling sensation when they put the Stainac on their lips? 

I put the Stainac on my lips for the first time last night and I felt my lips sting.  I normally don't wear stains and so I am not sure if this is normally supposed to happen or if I'm slightly allergic to the product.  The color did look awesome on my lips though.  Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey did anyone feel a stinging / aggressively tingling sensation when they put the Stainac on their lips? 

I put the Stainac on my lips for the first time last night and I felt my lips sting.  I normally don't wear stains and so I am not sure if this is normally supposed to happen or if I'm slightly allergic to the product.  The color did look awesome on my lips though.  Thanks in advance!
I get that, too.  It seems like every stain I've tried does the same thing, although I've only tried a couple.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get that, too.  It seems like every stain I've tried does the same thing, although I've only tried a couple.
Is that supposed to be normal?  Or is this a sign that I shouldn't be using it anymore? It sort of stung and then made my lips go a little numb for about five minutes.

I have sensitive skin and dry lips but I didn't have any stinging or irritation when putting on the stainiac. I don't think it's normal for ur lips to go numb , it doesn't even have plumping effects

I know where I went wrong was I asked about specific products too, instead of just a general request for samples.  I am allergic to antiperspirants (yeah, that's a fun allergy, lol) and I have super sensitive skin (body) that breaks out in hives with certain ingredients.  I asked about samples in those products and I got a very terse reply that said they didn't have samples available.  It was seriously just a one line email.  Maybe I'll just send an email like the ones posted above. 

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IIe
I specified organic or for acne-prone skin and Melvita replied they do not have samples available. Then for about 2 paragraphs the e-mail went on abiut how they are organic. I am kinda mad because I asked for organic samples, not just acne relates samples and they completely blew that off. I am going to reply and ask if they do have samples available in any of their lines, beimg as they are all organic.

Originally Posted by manuri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have sensitive skin and dry lips but I didn't have any stinging or irritation when putting on the stainiac. I don't think it's normal for ur lips to go numb , it doesn't even have plumping effects
Hhmmmm. I guess I should not use it again.  I wonder what would cause the stinging sensation? The dye? I've never tried stains before, but all the other lip products I've used never had these kinds of effects on me. 

Latest posts

Back