Birchbox - The March boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 2 emails, the first one was like the one you got on Tuesday and the 2nd email was like the one you got on Wed. I am able to track the box from the tracking number on the 2nd email. 

Excellent people! I read all the posts on this site and I emailed MAD and they replied back they will be sending me products. I am so excited. I think you guys rock for posting all this great information.  Also I am a Huge BirchBox Fan I loved loved my TV March Box. They did a great job. I think its the best 10 dollars I can spend. I live in NYC...and 10 dollars can be spent on anything...especially all the happy hours or open bars we have..plus all the retail stores we have at reach this 10 dollars is worth it!

Keep posting fantastic information guys, you guys are inspiring with every post.

Have a great day!

Ciao!
I agree! Great tips on here, ladies. Loving Birchbox and learning a lot about how to get the most samples. I was super happy with the TV box. I also have several places sending free or highly discounted samples to me because of codes I've learned on makeuptalk.

Hmm, that's true...Ahh! I caved and signed up again. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What should I set my beauty profile to? I like skincare stuff (though I've got a penchant for masks specifically), nail polish, and makeup all equally...as long as it isn't gimmicky, like the tattoo eyeliners or nail polish remover mitts. Any advice?

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last year's April box was eco-themed because of Earth Day (the shipping box was green instead of pink), so if that interests you, it might be worth stickign around to see if they do it again.  I hadn't even *heard* of Birchbox before Zoya had polish in that month's box, but I think I went from "hmm, I wonder what this company is all about" to "ooh, where's my credit card?" in about ten minutes.  Also, Birchbox now operates with a waiting list, so if you jump ship now, you might not be able to get back on board for May.  And if you're interested in the bonus points, if you cancel, I believe you lose your points.  I love those bonus points.  

But it depends on why you're getting Birchbox.  I do have to say that I rarely even have two items in a box that I like (and, occasionally, there's not even *one* thing I like), but I'm not looking at this as trying to get $10 worth of stuff I like every month.  I'm looking at this as a preventative measure:  I have this nasty habit of buying stuff because I'm curious or bored, trying it a few times, and then deciding I hate it or am bored with it, but then I still end up keeping the product because I just spent a bunch of money on this stuff!  Of *course* I'm not going to just toss it out!  Off to the Island of Misfit Skincare Products with this moisturizer/mask/cleanser/etc.!  It can get to be a *very* large island.  I don't even *want* to think about how much money went into the garbage when I moved a few years ago and tossed pretty much every beauty product -- makeup, cleansers, hair stuff, you name it -- I had at that point.  I almost *prefer* when I try something and don't like it because that's one more thing to cross off my to-buy list.

(What I don't like is when my box has a bunch of stuff I can't even try.  Perfume?  Can't wear alcohol-based stuff.  Hair tie?  My hair is basically in a pixie cut.  Shimmery orange lip gloss?  *So* not my color that I actually kept it for the entertainment value.  I seem to recall a lip-plumping gloss.  There are few things I need less than larger lips.  But then there are the months when I discover facial oil or a new cleanser that rocks my socks, and it makes it worth sticking through the months when the only positive part was getting points -- and thus store credit -- for reviewing everything.)

I haven't used any of my birchbox points yet and I think I should have 200 after the next box.  I really want that gorgeous on the go set, but does anyone know if you can use the points towards that because it is a gift set?  Also, if next month is my third box - do I get a 20% code? (and if so can I combine with the points?)  I would love any help, as I have not bought anything from the store other than the box subscription itself. 

To avoid stuff like the eyeliner tattoos don't pick trendy. lol I had my profile set to trendy for a couple of months and I really didn't like the eyeliner stickers. I switched to I think it's classic and the box I got this month was pretty good except for the Stila... I still think Stila were being cheap.

Originally Posted by JadedBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't used any of my birchbox points yet and I think I should have 200 after the next box.  I really want that gorgeous on the go set, but does anyone know if you can use the points towards that because it is a gift set?  Also, if next month is my third box - do I get a 20% code? (and if so can I combine with the points?)  I would love any help, as I have not bought anything from the store other than the box subscription itself. 

You can use your points to buy anything in the store. So that includes the limited edition boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

And you should get the coupon next month, which works with the points too! Pretty sweet deal! 

I myself just spent 3 dollars on $46 of products since I had my 20% coupon and 400BB points! 

Originally Posted by ahkae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't seem to find the feedback button. Is this the same for others?

I had this problem, too. I e-mailed them about it.

Has anyone had as bad an experience with Birchbox as I seem to be having?  I opted in for Teen Vogue box did not get one.  Sent an email inquiring about it as well as my duplicate sample and received 100 birchbox points.  I was ok with that until I started hearing about other people getting Teen Vogue boxes or they got 100 birchbox points for not getting one.

I decided to use my Birchbox points to order.  I can't order!  It has been 4 days and it states "there was an error processing your order please try again or call us."  I tried on 2 different computers, 2 different mobile devices, 3 different web browsers to no avail.

I decide to call.  Even though their work hours for me on the West coast are 6am-2pm.  I get up early before work as I have no other time to call, nor any idea how long it will take and I get an answering machine!  Leave us a message we will call you back.  WTH?

I am not sure if it is me personally or if others have had similar or worse experiences than me.  

Sounds like you're having bad luck with BB. I suggest emailing Paulina and see if she can look into why you can't order. Her name @ birchbox.com

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone had as bad an experience with Birchbox as I seem to be having?  I opted in for Teen Vogue box did not get one.  Sent an email inquiring about it as well as my duplicate sample and received 100 birchbox points.  I was ok with that until I started hearing about other people getting Teen Vogue boxes or they got 100 birchbox points for not getting one.

I decided to use my Birchbox points to order.  I can't order!  It has been 4 days and it states "there was an error processing your order please try again or call us."  I tried on 2 different computers, 2 different mobile devices, 3 different web browsers to no avail.

I decide to call.  Even though their work hours for me on the West coast are 6am-2pm.  I get up early before work as I have no other time to call, nor any idea how long it will take and I get an answering machine!  Leave us a message we will call you back.  WTH?

I am not sure if it is me personally or if others have had similar or worse experiences than me.  
I've found a lot of things with bb are about luck, and there does seem to be some obvious "favoritism"* through the customers eyes. 

Favoritism isn't necessarily the right word because I don't feel like they are picking out people because they LIKE them better but some people get more perks than others, and it may even be through mistakes on their end. I feel weird bringing this up as recently I have been on the "favored" side. 

Originally Posted by ahkae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't seem to find the feedback button. Is this the same for others?

There's a banner at the bottom, when you go to the Box tab, and it states that the feedback portion is missing and will return on the 23rd. I think they're working on it. 

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a banner at the bottom, when you go to the Box tab, and it states that the feedback portion is missing and will return on the 23rd. I think they're working on it. 

Ah, they've added that since the other day, then :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So far my only problem with BB is waiting for the next month's box!
hehe.gif

I seem to be having the same problem as others. I ordered my subscription on March 8th expecting to receive April's box. On March 17th I got a shipping notification. On March 19th the tracking from UPS said it was transferred to USPS in New Jersey. It's now the 22nd I still haven't seen anything and the "Box" tab on BB's website says "Your box will ship soon."

I emailed them to see if it actually shipped or not. I'm confused.

My issue this month was that my box had a bunch of random crap!  My account page where you look at your box and the card in the box matched, but the actual stuff in the box did not match the description on the website and card.  I politely complained about it and they apologized and said they would add 100 points to my account, and I'm like, "Ok, that works since all this stuff is junk, at least I can order something" but they never added the points to my account.  I sent an email to say they hadn't followed through, and NO reply at all. I just canceled Blissmo, I may be canceling this one as well.  It seems like there was a lot of issues this month! What's the deal?

Latest posts

Back