Birchbox - The March boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by andsgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My issue this month was that my box had a bunch of random crap!  My account page where you look at your box and the card in the box matched, but the actual stuff in the box did not match the description on the website and card.  I politely complained about it and they apologized and said they would add 100 points to my account, and I'm like, "Ok, that works since all this stuff is junk, at least I can order something" but they never added the points to my account.  I sent an email to say they hadn't followed through, and NO reply at all. I just canceled Blissmo, I may be canceling this one as well.  It seems like there was a lot of issues this month! What's the deal?
Wow, that doesn't seem like BB, I have always had prompt replies and wonderful customer service from them. I had a damaged tarte lip stain (a lot of other people did, too) and they awarded me 100pts right away. I would maybe wait until tomorrow and then call to speak with someone directly.

so true..  they are really good with customer service, i have a hard time saying bad about them...i think they know me better than i know myself.... i often dont get the boxes i want but end up loving the products they send me....  i hope they resolve this to your satisifaction and you give them another chance...  they are the fave of my subs, and by reviews i have read of some of the others, they have the best service and the best quality products....   good luck, i hope they make you happy......

My issue this month was that my box had a bunch of random crap!  My account page where you look at your box and the card in the box matched, but the actual stuff in the box did not match the description on the website and card.  I politely complained about it and they apologized and said they would add 100 points to my account, and I'm like, "Ok, that works since all this stuff is junk, at least I can order something" but they never added the points to my account.  I sent an email to say they hadn't followed through, and NO reply at all. I just canceled Blissmo, I may be canceling this one as well.  It seems like there was a lot of issues this month! What's the deal?

Originally Posted by ladybritt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, that doesn't seem like BB, I have always had prompt replies and wonderful customer service from them. I had a damaged tarte lip stain (a lot of other people did, too) and they awarded me 100pts right away. I would maybe wait until tomorrow and then call to speak with someone directly.

I sometimes get that error message when using the "use credit card on file" payment option. I just select "use a different card" and input the info (from the card that they do have on file) and it processes.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone had as bad an experience with Birchbox as I seem to be having?  I opted in for Teen Vogue box did not get one.  Sent an email inquiring about it as well as my duplicate sample and received 100 birchbox points.  I was ok with that until I started hearing about other people getting Teen Vogue boxes or they got 100 birchbox points for not getting one.

I decided to use my Birchbox points to order.  I can't order!  It has been 4 days and it states "there was an error processing your order please try again or call us."  I tried on 2 different computers, 2 different mobile devices, 3 different web browsers to no avail.

I decide to call.  Even though their work hours for me on the West coast are 6am-2pm.  I get up early before work as I have no other time to call, nor any idea how long it will take and I get an answering machine!  Leave us a message we will call you back.  WTH?

I am not sure if it is me personally or if others have had similar or worse experiences than me.  

Is there anyone who can send invites for Birchbox? I've been waiting forever for my email invite, and I just want to sign up now. Plus you'll get some Birchbox points. : ]

Originally Posted by Samariah Mekkam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there anyone who can send invites for Birchbox? I've been waiting forever for my email invite, and I just want to sign up now. Plus you'll get some Birchbox points. : ]

Unforutnately a referral doesn't let you skip the waiting list. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

These are the things that make me scratch my head. Some people are on the wait list forever, and others can sign up and get off the wait list a few days later... It really makes me wonder how they go about picking who gets off the waitlist.

Originally Posted by Samariah Mekkam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The other day I emailed them about my missing box:

Hello,       I ordered a subscription to Birchbox on March 8th. I expected to get April's box but on March 17th a got a shipping notification. However, when I login to my account and click on "Box," it says "Your first box will ship soon."
I was wondering if my box had actually shipped or not. The tracking from UPS said that it was transferred to USPS 3 days ago and it hasn't turned up yet. The account is associated with this email address. 
Thank you.
Chloe

Today I got this response:

Hi Chloe, Thank you so much for being in touch and I'm so sorry about your missing Birchbox.  I am refunding you the $10 cost of your subscription this month. You will receive an email confirmation of the refund as soon as it's processed. Please note that it may take 5-7 business days to post in your account.

It is our policy for to reship your Birchbox if that does not arrive to you, but unfortunately we are out of inventory at this time. I realize this is your first box and I'm so sorry for the disappointment!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call toll free at 877-487-7272.

Best,

Emily

I'm a little disappointed. Do these shipping errors happen often?

My friend had to wait like 3 or 4 weeks to get off it, and she was able to get a March BB as a gift around the 15th. I am not sure how it all works.

I got off of it in 3 days when I signed up to get the march box... (def. not complaining there!)  Who knows though.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My friend had to wait like 3 or 4 weeks to get off it, and she was able to get a March BB as a gift around the 15th. I am not sure how it all works.

Huh, my March box on the website got changed to the items in my "apology" Teen Vogue Birchbox. I wish I would have left more reviews on my original box before it switched over! Although I guess I'll get the same amount total (I had 7 items in my original box, I left reviews on 2, and I have 5 items in my TV box).

Although my TV box lists the hair ties 3 separate times, but I can only leave a review on 1, haha!

Originally Posted by JacksBruisedEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Huh, my March box on the website got changed to the items in my "apology" Teen Vogue Birchbox. I wish I would have left more reviews on my original box before it switched over! Although I guess I'll get the same amount total (I had 7 items in my original box, I left reviews on 2, and I have 5 items in my TV box).

Although my TV box lists the hair ties 3 separate times, but I can only leave a review on 1, haha!

Sweet, mine too. Which is exciting as I'd already rated all the other products, and now these too. I'm saving up my points to hopefully make one huge purchase all at once. ITS GONNA BE FUN.

Mine changed also.  I am glad I already rated all of my products.  So this month I got 90 points for reviews and 100 points for a duplicate sample.  Not bad at all.  I am hoping I can save my points up until I get a coupon code again.  Willpower I need........

http://www.amazon.com/Tea-Forte-Skin-Smart-Marzipan/dp/B005OVEFAQ/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&qid=1332557207&sr=8-47

So this would be excessive....right???  
biggrin.gif

Just 17 more days until the April Birchboxes.  I wonder if they are going to do the Earth month boxes like they did last April?   They did a post on the Birchbox blog about Tatcha coming out with a new natural skincare line.  I thought it sounded like we might get to sample that in April. I hope so!   

I've been a subscriber for just 3 months, but I have 2 accounts, and I have never had an issue with Birchbox.  I did email them last month when one of my boxes took a while to arrive and I was afraid it was lost, and they replied within a couple of days.  I actually recieved my "missing" box the next day, so it wasnt an issue, just slow mail.  I couldnt be any happier with the service.  I honestly believe Birchbox is the best subscription service out there.

I got my free Teen Vogue Box today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the Tarte in Amused, Shisedo Blotting Papers, Essie in "A Cut Above", Perfume, and Twistband. I was missing the Twistband though, so I e-mailed them about it!
I also rated my regular March box before they switched over to Teen Vogue, luckily :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I got extra points. I'm pleased with Birchbox!  

I just got my first regular BB & I really like it. I got box 16 & I'm pretty happy with it. I looove all the Miss Jessie stuff & the Color Club polish is a minty green color. I have yet to receive my TV BB so I let them know & they are sending me a replacement box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was originally supposed to get Box 4 but now I am getting Box 1. Cannot wait until next month!

Latest posts

Back