Birchbox (Woman) May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a happy clam. I just added my customer ID I wrote down from the goop form (figured it might come in handy again) and changed it to my email address in the URL.

will see if this works. 

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I want this. Any students in their 20s who have gotten this email? I wonder if they're picking based on certain demographics.
I haven't gotten it - at least not yet.  I did get an email about a giveaway, but that's it.

Haven't gotten an email on either account.  Not sure I actually want the products, I just hate being left out, lol. 
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am opposite of all of this except the proximity to a CVS.. There are probably 4 within 2 miles of me.  I am 33, mother and buy organic.  I didn't get the email.
I'm exactly the same on all of the above, and no email.  Boo.  

Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really hope I get that email! I would love to try Nuance.
I tried the shampoo and conditioner for colored hair and I really like it, it smells like honey.

While it's always a bummer not receive something free, clearly there is something about the selma hayek brand that bb thinks I won't be into.  Remember, they are looking for future customers.  And if it is geared towards an older age group (I'm in my early 20s) then I am definitely not their target demographic.

I am 42 and I did not get the email. After the goop fiasco I think I will stick to the regular box. There is a CVS on every corner here if I want to try this line.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know it's early for a May thread, but I got this in my email. Anyone else?

We're smitten with Salma Hayek’s new makeup and skincare line. Inspired by her grandmother’s beauty recipes, Nuance Salma Hayek pairs exotic botanicals with cutting-edge technology. 

Based on your beauty profile, we thought you'd enjoy a free collection of Nuance Salma Hayek products. Filled with five deluxe samples, this exclusive box is completely free and will ship to your home in mid-May, in addition to your regular monthly Birchbox. Let us know by Tuesday, May 7 if you are interested in receiving it—just click below to opt in!* 

515eeeb3b74e3.jpg
I didn't see this e-mail but I got a couple of her products recently from a Shecky's event.

I am wondering if the ladies who were offered the free boxes buy a ton of stuff in the BB store.  I have only bought one full size product ever (and have scored free stuff with points otherwise).  Might be a nice way to say thank you for your continued business?

i did not get it either, just the 500 dollar/favorite items one. im also early 20's demo.

i pulled this off the CVS website of what is behind the brand:

Discover Nuance Salma Hayek, a unique collection that combines exotic ingredients and ancient beauty secrets passed down through generations. The proprietary formulas are created using modern science to provide the most effective results. These products are designed to help every woman enhance the nuances that define her individual beauty.

The Nuance Salma Hayek collection embodies Salma's family heritage. The products represent the fusion of her grandmother's cosmetology training with her own vision of beauty, shaped by years of travel around the world. Nuance Salma Hayek was conceived for women who seek high-quality, efficacious beauty products customized to address their personal skincare, body care, haircare and cosmetic needs.

Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am wondering if the ladies who were offered the free boxes buy a ton of stuff in the BB store.  I have only bought one full size product ever (and have scored free stuff with points otherwise).  Might be a nice way to say thank you for your continued business?
I am a new member (April was my first box) and I got the email and opted in.  I will see if I get it.  I am 30 if you are wondering.

booooo. no email for me. 

i might do the favorites list and the balm giveaway video (although i've never done a video before...oopsies)

re: MUT smileys: i love how old school they are. some of 'em are pretty weird. they remind me of that one website that did AIM icons that were animated and were just stick people..does anyone know what i'm talking about? 
whipping.gif
spank.gif

bang.gif
idiot.gif
nite.gif
love5.gif
puke.gif
 I think these ones are so random! One day, I hope to work at least one of these into a thread post.

Nah, I really think it has something go do with the profiles I purchase quite a bit from the store and didn't get the email

Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah...I don't think I've ever bought anything from the BB store and paid full price. Just can't bring myself to do it. If I don't have the points, I will wait. Actually on my second sub, I did buy one thing from the store...can't remember now what it was, though. But I got the email on my first sub (the one that I told the truth about my age 
biggrin.gif
)

anyone know what the code is for your 12 month anniversary? I need to pick up a couple of things before I go on vacation and I haven't gotten the email yet  with it!! grr

I just got the email within the last 15 minutes on my main account (the one that has my true age and info).  So it looks like they are still sending them out.

Back