Birchbox (Woman) May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the email, and it isn't on the account that I make most of my purchases on. I spent ~$50 for ~$100 worth of stuff. Im 30, if age is an indicator. I really hope people on here don't say they are sending it to older people. It is funny though, I wouldn't consider CVS as a place where I would buy beauty products.

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the email, and it isn't on the account that I make most of my purchases on. I spent ~$50 for ~$100 worth of stuff. Im 30, if age is an indicator. I really hope people on here don't say they are sending it to older people. It is funny though, I wouldn't consider CVS as a place where I would buy beauty products.
I've seen a large age range so I think that theory is out the window lol. 
smile.gif

Good! I saw some earlier posts that were hinting such, and I just turned 30 and am still getting used to not being able to say "I'm a 20 something"!

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good! I saw some earlier posts that were hinting such, and I just turned 30 and am still getting used to not being able to say "I'm a 20 something"!
If it's any consolation, I'm 48 and I still feel "20 something". 
biggrin.gif
 Age is just a number!

I've had a great last 3 months (2 accounts, 6 boxes total) with no packets and one perfume...I hope I can keep this trend up for May! I've been really impressed with the quality and size of what I've been receiving.

I'm not even sure I really want to try Nuance stuff. It's just hard to silence that part of me that likes getting free stuff! I am on a gift sub currently, so I doubt I'll get the email. 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had a great last 3 months (2 accounts, 6 boxes total) with no packets and one perfume...I hope I can keep this trend up for May! I've been really impressed with the quality and size of what I've been receiving.
You made me curious to look at my last couple of boxes.  There have been no WOW items, but I've really been happy with what I've gotten this whole year.  It's been a pretty good mix of items and only one Juicy item!! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen a large age range so I think that theory is out the window lol. 
smile.gif
I agree. Because for the last couple of BB I've received at least one or two large EXPENSIVE sample sizes that a large size product sells for $75 + by having to do with the income not the age factor. I do splurge one or two with $75+ product but not weekly or monthly that clearly explains why I didn't get that Nuance promo email instead I got the $500 favorites contest.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. Because for the last couple of BB I've received at least one or two large EXPENSIVE sample sizes that a large size product sells for $75 + by having to do with the income not the age factor. I do splurge one or two with $75+ product but not weekly or monthly that clearly explains why I didn't get that Nuance promo email instead I got the $500 favorites contest.
I got both the Nuance and the $500 favorites email. I think the $500 favorites went to everyone who's liked their FB page, maybe?

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got both the Nuance and the $500 favorites email. I think the $500 favorites went to everyone who's liked their FB page, maybe?
I think so too, I got that one but not the Nuance one.

For the $500 one, I got it on an email address that isn't linked to FB.  I think it just went to everyone, didn't it?

I got the $500 favorites and I don't have a facebook at all. Never got the Nuance though. I've been with Birchbox for one year. My co-worker has only been with Birchbox for a few months and got the Nuance email. I doubt this, but could it be offered to new subscribers? 

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am a happy clam. I just added my customer ID I wrote down from the goop form (figured it might come in handy again) and changed it to my email address in the URL.

will see if this works. 
Hope it works! 
7dh.gif

I got the facebook email but my accounts arent connected maybe less people enter and my chances improve 
wink.gif

lucky to the ones getting the nuance email, more stuff to try is always nice

I hate that stuff is Facebook related...I don't do facebook (for multiple reasons) - so I lose out no matter what. 

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know it's early for a May thread, but I got this in my email. Anyone else?

We're smitten with Salma Hayek’s new makeup and skincare line. Inspired by her grandmother’s beauty recipes, Nuance Salma Hayek pairs exotic botanicals with cutting-edge technology. 

Based on your beauty profile, we thought you'd enjoy a free collection of Nuance Salma Hayek products. Filled with five deluxe samples, this exclusive box is completely free and will ship to your home in mid-May, in addition to your regular monthly Birchbox. Let us know by Tuesday, May 7 if you are interested in receiving it—just click below to opt in!* 

515eeeb3b74e3.jpg
I opted in. I like the collaborative boxes!

EDIT: Wanted to add that my profile says that I am 30 (which is a lie....hehe) and I have been subscribed for 9 months so I don't think it is a new subscriber thing.

Back