Birchbox (Woman) May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow that mothers day box is nice! I just called my mom up and asked if she would like it, since I really wasn't sure what to get her and she was like "sure!"

Quote: Originally Posted by kamanda85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found this on elle.com
Good investigating!  I'm a bit disappointed with the contents though..I missed out on ordering a second Home box for my mom because I was waiting for mine to arrive before ordering hers (and I'm way too selfish to give her mine
eusa_snooty.gif
).  Oh well, I was hoping this might be an option for her, but it looks like a good deal .

Originally Posted by Canny Charlene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good investigating!  I'm a bit disappointed with the contents though..I missed out on ordering a second Home box for my mom because I was waiting for mine to arrive before ordering hers (and I'm way too selfish to give her mine
eusa_snooty.gif
).  Oh well, I was hoping this might be an option for her, but it looks like a good deal .
Thanks! I'm disappointed in the contents too. Probably just because I loved the home box and was hoping for something similar. It does seem like a good deal, just not for me.

I found this on elle.com First Look: Birchbox's Superwoman Collection APRIL 22 4:30 PM by LAUREN LEVINSON  |  0  COMMENTS
elle-birchbox-exclusive-de.jpg
Photo: Courtesy of Birchbox

Tomorrow beauty cult site, Birchbox, is debuting a limited-edition Superwoman Collection set, perfect for a Mother's Day gift. Unlike usual Birchbox goods, this one won't be a surprise, so if you like what you see, you can scoop it up for mom—or yourself! We have a first look at the contents, which includes a Le Métier de Beauté Dualistic Eye Pencil, Le Métier de Beauté 'Anamorphic Lash' Mascara, 29 Preserves Cosmetics I-Block Grape Seed Age Protecting Eye Shadow, RMS beauty Living Luminizer, Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask, Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerlily Moisture Bath & Shower gel, and Chambre de Sucre Macaron Limoge trinket box.

"Our latest Limited Edition Superwoman Collection is about celebrating all women, and what makes each woman an inspiration," said Birchbox co-founder Katia Beauchamp. "This collection is filled with products that will make you feel savvy and pampered—it's the perfect gift for Mom this Mother's Day, who is without a doubt a superwoman in her own right!"

The Superwoman Collection kit debuts on Birchbox tomorrow for $58 (a $191 value).
Le sigh... dunno that I would use everything, but that's a mighty fine deal!

I think that box will be good for my mom, she's use a lot of the same old same olds for the last few years so I think her beauty routine could use a little updating. I've been telling her to get a birchbox forever but I think this will definitely be good for her. Every time I get makeup in the mail at my parent's house she ends up going through it. I think she'll have fun with this plus a sample pack.

I'll want to steal the macaroon trinket box though 

Ug, I totally want the superwoman collection.  It'd be nice to get for my mom, too.  Wish I hadn't seen this, lol!! 
smileno.gif

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll want to steal the macaroon trinket box though 
Love that trinket box, too! But I won't order the set. I'm drowning in mascara and eyeliners, and the body wash doesn't particularly excite me, either (I'm happy with the $4 Dove stuff).

Those macaron (not macaroon!) trinket boxes are ADORABLE! There's a little boutique here that sells them. I think they are like $18. I've been wanting one, but I have no idea what I'd do with it.

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those macaron (not macaroon!) trinket boxes are ADORABLE! There's a little boutique here that sells them. I think they are like $18. I've been wanting one, but I have no idea what I'd do with it.
The two words have become interchangeable in the English context, at least in all the times i've experienced it 

http://www.foodpr0n.com/2010/02/26/macaron-vs-macaroon/

I love Tata Harper products! I was ecstatic when I saw them in the Birchbox shop the other day!

I haven't gotten an email about the Nuance box. I sure hope I get one!

And I'm also excited with the Superwoman box though the price is a bit too steep for me...

It feels like I am way behind, and its not even May yet!!

I didn't receive an e-mail about the extra box, I may not be getting it.

I had two accounts and cancelled my second box because I really need to cut down on spending. 

I cancelled before checking on here :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Oh well its for the best

Still no email for me.  The more I think about it, the more I think I am not subscribed to BB emails though.  Will have to head over to BB and see if I can figure out how to get them.  Guess it will be a suprise if I get this or not!

I never  know what my mom would like, it's the worst :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm one of those people who likes to give surprise gifts and they are all my family ever does so just asking isn't super an option :/)

Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never  know what my mom would like, it's the worst :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm one of those people who likes to give surprise gifts and they are all my family ever does so just asking isn't super an option :/)
my mom is one of those people who is so picky that we just have to ask her when we get her something LOL. like she's literally never surprised at holidays, she always picks out her jewelry and purses from my dad, and usually whatever i get her too.

:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm obsessed with macarons. If they stock the macaron trinket in the store, I'd definitely get it myself (please have pistache ;; my favourite default flavour and my favourite colour!! ---so many british spellings in a row orz)

I got my mom the Estee Lauder GWP that was at Macy's in March. (Errr it's mostly unrelated to Mother's Day since my mother was in the hospital for various reasons and I got it for her for various reasons). I haven't actually seen her since March, so I was going to give it to her the next time I saw her...can this count as my Mother's Day present?? I mean I spent $70 Q.Q I can just get her a card on top of that (or is that too mean?)

--

In other news, I don't know how much you/we all follow Canadian subs gossip, but Glymm just went out of business sometime within the last 2-3 weeks. I'm mostly bringing it up because Glymm was the Canadian sub structured most like BB -- they had a shop and a points redemption system. BB is highly profitable though -- they're featured in several magazines a month, but you almost gotta wonder... :S Especially with all the financial instability in the market right now, old and established companies failing (and then being brought back because they are TBTF =____=) Birchbox seemed to have a rough couple of months from August-->November/December of last year where they seemed to have a lot of unhappy subscribers, but it seems like they're comparatively back on track now... You almost gotta wonder though.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In other news, I don't know how much you/we all follow Canadian subs gossip, but Glymm just went out of business sometime within the last 2-3 weeks. I'm mostly bringing it up because Glymm was the Canadian sub structured most like BB -- they had a shop and a points redemption system. BB is highly profitable though -- they're featured in several magazines a month, but you almost gotta wonder... :S Especially with all the financial instability in the market right now, old and established companies failing (and then being brought back because they are TBTF =____=) Birchbox seemed to have a rough couple of months from August-->November/December of last year where they seemed to have a lot of unhappy subscribers, but it seems like they're comparatively back on track now... You almost gotta wonder though.
Eh, I think people are STILL unhappy every time I look at their facebook wall. Really there haven't ever been any tell-tale signs of birchbox doing bad though, considering all of the partnerships they've made and press they get. It seems like their special edition boxes always sell out fast and a lot of items in the shop move fairly quickly too. I'm just not seeing the "red flags" the way I do with other companies.

Latest posts

Back