• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited for sephora, hope they have purity face wash again so I can stock up for the year. I'm all over the bath and body works sale, I'm in desperate need of soap. Hubby wants to hot kohls, I'm hoping they have a good kohl's cash promo so I can steal it and use it on makeup.
@@BSquared Be sure to check Philosophy's bf deals too, last year I purchased the super large facewash and am just about to finish it. If you spent 50 or 80 you got a bunch of full size stuff over a $150 value. 

@@Bizgirlva Thank you soooo much on the BBW promos! I am a little confused though - on the Black Friday B3G3 you're saying you have to get one for one of the exact same item? Because that's not really a good deal at all, especially if I were planning to buy an uneven number of specific items, but an even amount overall. It seems like getting the lower $$$ amount free would be better in that case. :unsure:

@@Bizgirlva Thank you soooo much on the BBW promos! I am a little confused though - on the Black Friday B3G3 you're saying you have to get one for one of the exact same item? Because that's not really a good deal at all, especially if I were planning to buy an uneven number of specific items, but an even amount overall. It seems like getting the lower $$$ amount free would be better in that case. :unsure:
Usually it's 'of the same category.' I.e. body washes.

@@BSquared Be sure to check Philosophy's bf deals too, last year I purchased the super large facewash and am just about to finish it. If you spent 50 or 80 you got a bunch of full size stuff over a $150 value.
Ooooo I love you! Sephora is on my shitlist after this whole sale debacle and I want to avoid them for a bit, but I needed face wash. Never even thought about getting it directly from philosophy. Yay!!

I get a ton of email and promos from philosophy, I'll PM you if I get any good ones :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> also Tha t wash if fantastic for cleaning your brushes too.

No you don't have to get one for one at the same price, but it's probably is best (best savings) to get groups of 6 items that are about the same price and then use coupons on top to maximize your savings.

What are you thinking of purchasing?  We can do a little strategizing/planning here to get the best price.

No you don't have to get one for one at the same price, but it's probably is best (best savings) to get groups of 6 items that are about the same price and then use coupons on top to maximize your savings.

What are you thinking of purchasing?  We can do a little strategizing/planning here to get the best price.

I haven't made my shopping list, ack, I better! I always pick up candles, wallflowers and hand soap, usually at least one or two room sprays and then I want to round out the daily trio for the new scent that is coming in the VIP tote, and get some of the holiday favorites and men's scents. I usually pick up Aromatherapy as well, but I don't think I need any this year.... hmm. Okay I am going to have to make my actual list so I can maximize this opportunity! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't made my shopping list, ack, I better! I always pick up candles, wallflowers and hand soap, usually at least one or two room sprays and then I want to round out the daily trio for the new scent that is coming in the VIP tote, and get some of the holiday favorites and men's scents. I usually pick up Aromatherapy as well, but I don't think I need any this year.... hmm. Okay I am going to have to make my actual list so I can maximize this opportunity! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ok so....I think your initial thoughts are right B3G3 Black Friday deal isn't necessarily the best deal.

3-wick's are going $8 on December 12 combine that with $10/$30 is better savings (price per candle) than doing B3G3 on Black Friday.  If you buy 4 candles @ $8 each = $32 and use $10/30 = $22 or only $5.50 per candle.  

Wall flowers were on sale for $3/bulb a couple days ago, that's a pretty good price for them.  Otherwise they'll be $3.25 each on BF if you by 6. That might be worth it. If you double up and purchase 12 and use $10/$30 coupon it's $2.42/bulb.  

Hand soaps are the same as wall flowers ($6.50 each regular price), however soap is $2.50 each on Dec. 18 though so $2.50 x 6 = $15, buy that twice 12 soaps for $30 use a $10/$30 that's $1.67 per soap. THAT'S an good price!

Hmm room spray are $5.50 or $9.50 for the big-uns, might be worth picking them up on BF with wallflowers since they're about the same price-ish.  $2.75 each for 6 small ones or $4.75 each if you by 6 large ones.

Thousand wishes Body lotion to round out the trio in the VIP bag, I'd pick that up the day it's $3 (next Saturday, Nov. 15th).  

Holiday Traditions, hmm this is an iffy.  IF they include them in the days they have the low price deals (like $3 body lotion, $4 fragrance mists. body cream etc.) it's probably cheaper to buy them that way, however that means going back to the store each day (time & gas). Doesn't look like shower gels are listed in the promos but I would be surprised if the list I posted isn't complete and they'll do shower gels one day. But any day that's listed as B3G3 (except black friday and Super Saturday) in that promo list is probably body care only (signature collection & men's) in which it's like their normal B3G3 where you pay for the higher priced items an get lower priced items for free.  So this one is tough, it really depends on what you want to buy.

Aromatherapy will be 50% off one day, it's the same deal as B3G3 on BF.  Maximize savings by purchasing at least $30 and use a $10/$30 coupon. They're giving them out in stores now, so if you go in and pick up say a pocketbac for $1.75 or 5 for $5 they'll give you a $10/$30 coupon.

If I were you, I'd lean towards purchasing 12 wall flower bulbs on black friday = $39 add a $1 nail file to get you to $40 to qualify for the VIP bag for another $20 (but I'm not 100% sure that's promo but I think it is), throw a $10/30 coupon on top of that and out the door for $50. Then go back on the other days for the other promo's.

Now if you don't want 12 wallflower bulbs (I don't go through mine fast, maybe 2/month in two holders), I'd do one set of 6 for $19.50 and maybe the smaller room sprays ($16.50 for six)..so that's $19.50 for six wallflowers and $16.50 for six room sprays = $36 you'd need to spend another $4 to qualify for the VIP tote OR purchase a gift card for the remaining amount to qualify for the VIP tote and use the gift card to purchase the other items on your list when they're cheaper or on a better promotion (say the day the Thousand Wishes Body Lotion is $3). You can use a $10/$30 and get out of there for $46 + $4 gift card for a future purchase.  Either way you're looking at least spending $50 on BF to get the tote.  

I guess it all comes down to how often you want to go back and forth (time/gas etc.) to get the better prices with the promo's.

This was really helpful for me, honestly (speaking as someone that has worked there). I'd go in and just by a $40 gift card, pay $20 for the tote and go back and get the candles, soaps, body care on the days they are running the promo's with the $40 gift card.   

Love the breakdown! Thanks! Yes all day long to $5 candles!

Yay breakdowns!! I'll be all over the candles and soaps. Hopefully I can track down a $10/$30!

Love the breakdown! Thanks! Yes all day long to $5 candles!
I forgot though...you can throw a 20% coupon, since you can stack (if you have it) on top of the black friday deals to lower your out of pocket, but that still doesn't get close you $5 candles. I'd wait for the $8 deal.  

The best bet is to try to spend at least $40 and qualify for the tote (if you really want it), use a $10/$30 stacked with 20% gets you out the door for $40 oop.  

Yay breakdowns!! I'll be all over the candles and soaps. Hopefully I can track down a $10/$30!
They have them in stores now, just go in an make a small (heh...if you can hold yourself to it) purchase and make sure they give you a coupon. Nail files are $1.  Gift bags are also a good bet because they always sell out and I'm always in need of one when I'm wrapping gifts.

@@Bizgirlva You're my BBW hero! I live literally NEXT DOOR to a BBW, so time isn't an issue. I will definitely hold off on candles until the $8 sale, and get the Thousand Wishes next Saturday, and then see what I can work with the rest to get the VIP bag. I have so many $10 off $30 that making multiple purchases isn't a problem! Thank you!

I'm getting candles on BF because I'm not sure if I'll have a $10 off $30 on 12/8. I'm not sure how this will work but I'm thinking 6 candles:

3x $22.5=$67.5

I have a 20%, so $54

Then 2 $10/30

And a free signature item

I'm wondering if I can use both $10/30 after the 20% brings it down to $54 or does it need to be at least $60 after the 20%?

I think they will make you use the $10/$30 first, then the 20% on what's left.

The free SC item, you'll have to "qualify"

For is there a price your have to spend for the free item? Usually it's $10-$15.

I've never been into BBW, mostly because I can't use perfumed body lotions. I'm thinking about getting those candles, though...

I've never been into BBW, mostly because I can't use perfumed body lotions. I'm thinking about getting those candles, though...
They have lots of good options for home scents, but the candles are some of the best on the market imo. They are more expensive when it comes to price per oz, than say a Yankee Candle, but they burn evenly and almost always have good throw! Plus there is discounts all the time which brings the cost down. :smilehappyyes:

Back