• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also how do you guys get the 10/30 coupons from B&BW? From previous shopping trips? I WANT SOME!

Also how do you guys get the 10/30 coupons from B&BW? From previous shopping trips? I WANT SOME!
I get mine either at the register, or every month or so (basically when they have a new floor set) BBW will mail coupons. The CATCH is that if you get the mailers, you have to use them - they won't keep sending them to uninterested customers. I found that out the hard way with Vickie's - I was never getting a free panty so I had to make a purchase and re-register. Now I get them again!

My hubby wants a PS4 so... ouch. I lovelovelove buying presents, and there is still a whole bunch I want to get him, never mind the kids! I've gotten him a whole bunch of body care, new shoes, and then planning on the console (which comes with a game) plus maybe another game or two since he won't have backwards compatibility (boo). I also want to get him slippers and pajamas since he ALWAYS whines about not having them.

My kids are impossible - they want everything, but most of all a puppy and that is not happening. I am terrified of dogs, but I think I could handle it is we had a backyard I could send the whole lot of them out to play. Soon. :lol: They'll probably both get video games, Legos, movies and clothes which is about what they get every year. Two? Christmases ago my older son got a bike and then about six months later proceeded to let a stranger ride on it and it was stolen. Poor thing, he has such a sweet heart but no common sense to speak of. :blush:

I'm impossible because I just buy whatever I want, but I did tell hubby I wanted a decent camera so I could stop subjugating people to the awful pictures from my phone. We shall see. He has a tendency to think that what I say I want isn't really what I do want, so buys me the most random (yet sweet) stuff that I have never once thought about needed, LOL. So we shall see.

OMG so much rambling. I am just so excited for Holiday shopping, especially for my secret santa. I have SO many good ideas! I am seriously stressed through because my bank is being a jerk and if it doesn't get straightened out the time limit on Santa is seriously going to be pressed...

Ignore me, LOL. If anyone sees Men's UGG slippers on sale for Black Friday, let me know! Tag me, or pm me, please! Even a good quality knock-off is fine! :flowers:

don't forget the ILLUME sale. i think that's early january though. i checked my records, and i purchase like $100 worth of candles on January 3. i think that was 20 or more candles of various sizes! i always burn candles, but i'm still going through my stash from that sale. i'm definitely picking more up if they do that sale again!
Yaaaaaassssss. this is what I'm holding out for.

I get mine either at the register, or every month or so (basically when they have a new floor set) BBW will mail coupons. The CATCH is that if you get the mailers, you have to use them - they won't keep sending them to uninterested customers. I found that out the hard way with Vickie's - I was never getting a free panty so I had to make a purchase and re-register. Now I get them again!

My hubby wants a PS4 so... ouch. I lovelovelove buying presents, and there is still a whole bunch I want to get him, never mind the kids! I've gotten him a whole bunch of body care, new shoes, and then planning on the console (which comes with a game) plus maybe another game or two since he won't have backwards compatibility (boo). I also want to get him slippers and pajamas since he ALWAYS whines about not having them.

My kids are impossible - they want everything, but most of all a puppy and that is not happening. I am terrified of dogs, but I think I could handle it is we had a backyard I could send the whole lot of them out to play. Soon. :lol: They'll probably both get video games, Legos, movies and clothes which is about what they get every year. Two? Christmases ago my older son got a bike and then about six months later proceeded to let a stranger ride on it and it was stolen. Poor thing, he has such a sweet heart but no common sense to speak of. :blush:

I'm impossible because I just buy whatever I want, but I did tell hubby I wanted a decent camera so I could stop subjugating people to the awful pictures from my phone. We shall see. He has a tendency to think that what I say I want isn't really what I do want, so buys me the most random (yet sweet) stuff that I have never once thought about needed, LOL. So we shall see.

OMG so much rambling. I am just so excited for Holiday shopping, especially for my secret santa. I have SO many good ideas! I am seriously stressed through because my bank is being a jerk and if it doesn't get straightened out the time limit on Santa is seriously going to be pressed...

Ignore me, LOL. If anyone sees Men's UGG slippers on sale for Black Friday, let me know! Tag me, or pm me, please! Even a good quality knock-off is fine! :flowers:
Target is having buy 2 get 1 free for all their video games this week, I read somewhere else in MUT! 

Also, NO idea you had kids! If it helps, my mom was terrified of dogs until she got her own. They're inseparable now. Or maybe you could lean them towards a cat or another animal that needs less care?

Last edited by a moderator:
Target is having buy 2 get 1 free for all their video games this week, I read somewhere else in MUT! 

Also, NO idea you had kids! If it helps, my mom was terrified of dogs until she got her own. They're inseparable now. Or maybe you could lean them towards a cat or another animal that needs less care?
 Ha ha, yep, two terrifying boys! :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Before we moved to Las Vegas we had a a dog, and I wasn't scared of her, so I think if the day should come that we have a house with plenty of room, it will be all right. It's being in the condo, where everyone is on top of everyone... I get pretty nervous thinking about it!

And B2G1 is actually great since I could get something for everyone - whoo better dig that Target ad out of the trash and take a look!

I'm getting weirdly excited/anxious for Black Friday - more so than usual. I usually do a mix of online and in store that weekend. My brother is coming to town and he actually wants to go shopping that night to scoop up deals on clothes! Yeeee

don't forget the ILLUME sale. i think that's early january though. i checked my records, and i purchase like $100 worth of candles on January 3. i think that was 20 or more candles of various sizes! i always burn candles, but i'm still going through my stash from that sale. i'm definitely picking more up if they do that sale again!
Ooo totally forgot about this. I didn't get in on it last year because I had gone candle crazy at B&BW over the holidays and had to reel it in (for the record, I did end up using all of those candles! So HARUMPH, fiancee who thought I had plenty!). Anyway--how's the throw on Illume candles? That's my biggest thing. I like Yankee Candle scents but find that their throw is terrible (in my experience). I want something that smells up the whole floor! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring on the deals!

I'm going to Georgia for Thanksgiving to see my son who's in the Army. We are staying in Atlanta, so that's where I will be for my black friday shopping this year. I won't have the home field advantage, but I will have to work it out!!

Ooo totally forgot about this. I didn't get in on it last year because I had gone candle crazy at B&BW over the holidays and had to reel it in (for the record, I did end up using all of those candles! So HARUMPH, fiancee who thought I had plenty!). Anyway--how's the throw on Illume candles? That's my biggest thing. I like Yankee Candle scents but find that their throw is terrible (in my experience). I want something that smells up the whole floor! 
great throw! the whole 2-bedroom apartment fills up with the scent quickly. 

I think this Black Friday I'm going to try to reign in my spending a bit.  I'll probably hit BBW for candles and hand soap.  I am addicted to the Marshmallow Fireside candle, I love the scent of wood smoke.  I want to see what UD has to offer this year, if they do another lippy set or something I'm gonna jump on it, I'm still kicking myself for missing the one from last year.  If they don't have anything that calls to me I'll probably spend my money at Ulta and stock up on Butterball bath bombs from Lush.  Honestly though I think I'll try to keep it under $150.  I really can't justify spending more than that this year. 

They're giving them out in stores now.  If you make a purchase, I just got (another) one yesterday.

The online code for $10/$30 at B&BW is: F143259 

Good through December 24, 2014

Also, sign up for the emails (they'll send one everyday which is annoying but they send a ton of coupons via email that are good both online and instore).

I apologize if this was already answered, but do we know if the $8 3-wicks on 12/12 will be available online or only in stores?

Sephora Black Friday info

BLACK FRIDAY

Be the first to see our once-a-year specials.

Follow SephoraSnaps on Snapchat from November 23 - 25
to see what’s coming up on Black Friday. Not on Snapchat?
You can still view the deals early on Instagram beginning November 26.

Until then, visit our Weekly Specials to shop current offers.

For anyone who is getting their boyfriends/husbands video game consoles, Target will have the XBox One/ Assassins Creed bundle (2 games!) for $320 and you get a $50 gift card. I know it's what my boyfriend wants (well, and me too...)
Ah, thanks for this! I'm pretty sure I'm getting my boyfriend an XBox One for Christmas and I was hunting for a good deal and/or bundle. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Sephora Black Friday info

BLACK FRIDAY

Be the first to see our once-a-year specials.

Follow SephoraSnaps on Snapchat from November 23 - 25

to see what’s coming up on Black Friday. Not on Snapchat?

You can still view the deals early on Instagram beginning November 26.

Until then, visit our Weekly Specials to shop current offers.
I guess I'm just going to have to rely on somebody on here to post them, because I don't use either of those   :smilehappyyes:

Back