Circular Swap #5: Calibama Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can't lie! I get just as excited when y'all open the box as I did when I was making it. Love swap boxes!!
You did a most excellent job on the starter box!  I am not really sure where to start on picking what I want, adding my items and packing it back up!  

This keeps getting more and more exciting!! I love that you took lots of pictures : ) there's so much amazing stuff in our box and I'm trying so hard not to mentally plan out what I want because the box keeps changing lol. I've been going thru my stash and adding a little bit more to it every day...it's getting closer to my turn!

Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This keeps getting more and more exciting!! I love that you took lots of pictures : ) there's so much amazing stuff in our box and I'm trying so hard not to mentally plan out what I want because the box keeps changing lol. I've been going thru my stash and adding a little bit more to it every day...it's getting closer to my turn!
That is a good plan!  I  got so exited by some things I saw in the inital pictures and was like " I want that" then when the box got to me the items had been selected! I am so undecided on what to take!  I too, keep adding things to add to the box!  This thing is going to be the biggest swap box of them all!

Hey Ladies I have a question.  Since this is my first circular swap how much "stuff" do you take?  If you take x approximate dollar value do you put in x dollar value?  I only ask as a) I feel I may not have enough "stuff" to contribute as all of you so I do not want to take 20 things and second some of the stuff I am interested in are "bigger" items.

I currently have the Michael todd, em eyeliner and caudalie remover and 5 foils set aside that I really want.  I am also interested in the Davines sea salt.

I plan on putting in a mix of deluxe and full size items but I just worry about if we do a second round, not having as much to contribute.  I hope that makes sense.  I just do not want people being upset if they feel I took more than I contributed.  Maybe in picture form will better convey.  When I go to post what I want vs what I am putting in if someone feels it is not a good match, please PM me and say so!

Thank you!  Have a wonderful evening all!

Hey Ladies I have a question.  Since this is my first circular swap how much "stuff" do you take?  If you take x approximate dollar value do you put in x dollar value?  I only ask as a) I feel I may not have enough "stuff" to contribute as all of you so I do not want to take 20 things and second some of the stuff I am interested in are "bigger" items. I currently have the Michael todd, em eyeliner and caudalie remover and 5 foils set aside that I really want.  I am also interested in the Davines sea salt. I plan on putting in a mix of deluxe and full size items but I just worry about if we do a second round, not having as much to contribute.  I hope that makes sense.  I just do not want people being upset if they feel I took more than I contributed.  Maybe in picture form will better convey.  When I go to post what I want vs what I am putting in if someone feels it is not a good match, please PM me and say so! Thank you!  Have a wonderful evening all!
This is my first time doing a circular swap also so i don't really know? Looks like most people put in more than they take out, but that's probably because we all tend to accumulate so much stuff. For me personally, I haven't been trading... just saving stuff for this. Maybe someone more experienced can answer this for you?

It's just a matter of being fair to each other.  I usually add more than I take, but not everyone will be in the same position.   I don't sit down and count how many each person takes and adds, swaps are fun! Relax and enjoy yourself. Someone with more experience can offer better advice, this is only my 3rd circular swap.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
      It's just a matter of being fair to each other.  I usually add more than I take, but not everyone will be in the same position.   I don't sit down and count how many each person takes and adds, swaps are fun! Relax and enjoy yourself. Someone with more experience can offer better advice, this is only my 3rd circular swap.

Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first time doing a circular swap also so i don't really know? Looks like most people put in more than they take out, but that's probably because we all tend to accumulate so much stuff. For me personally, I haven't been trading... just saving stuff for this. Maybe someone more experienced can answer this for you?
Thank you ladies.  I have narrowed it down to a small selection and will post my pics today!

I agree with Kristine Walker, just do your best to keep it "fair". Also keep in mind that we put things in the swap box for them to find a new home! ðŸ˜

Last minute request: if anyone has any beauty protector (spray, oil, shampoo/conditioner) I would love to have it!

Last minute request: if anyone has any beauty protector (spray, oil, shampoo/conditioner) I would love to have it!
I don't have any beauty protector or benefit products for you :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope you'll be able to find something you like though from the stuff I put in.

Does anyone have any of the Vichy Aqualia Thermal face cream that Glossybox sent out a few months ago that they don't want? I had two samples of it and my face loved it... totally cleared up my skin which is a miracle. I mean I'm 34 years old.. it would be awesome if my skin could stop breaking out : )

A have a Davines Sea Salt Spray 3.38 oz I can add to the second round so lovepink can get the one in the box right now. I'll re-sort my round 2 stash and see if I can find what y'all are hunting for.

Are any of you ladies blush, bronzer or powder highlighter fans?  I have this insert that came in my Too Faced Shadow Bon Bon palette.  Has 2 blushes, 2 bronzers and a highlight.  I think I can pack it so it will not get damaged or is it too big?

I was also thinking of enclosing the blush highlighter combo thing that came in the Divergent kit.  It is the bottom one in this stock photo from Sephora

Also if any one has z palettes and would be interested in de potted blushes from Stila I have lots!  I can put those in the next round.

Ok I finally made my picks.  Here are pics:

And here is what I am adding: Will put behind spoiler in case anyone wants to be suprised!

The OPI is from the Gwen Stefani collection and has been used for 1 2 coat mani.  I will label and put it in the appropriate swatched bag.  The e.l.f. palette has also been swatched and I will label that.   And as far as the Too Faced goes I will take a picture of the insde and post it in a spoiler too.
  Ok so here is the backstory.  I ordered this from HSN for a great price.  Got it in the mail and 2 shadows were shattered, hence  the empty pans.  The other pan still had enough product to adhere to the walls so I left it in there.  None of the shadows have ever been used and I used an air can to get most of the shattered powder residue out.  I brought myself a new palette and have been hanging on to this one wondering what to do with it.  It makes me so sad to see it not be whole and pretty but maybe someone else can see it's beauty and give it a good home.

Lovepink you added some amazing stuff! But you barely took anything out. If there is other stuff that you like in the box you should take it.

@Kristine Walker I have a Cailyn from this month's Ipsy in the apple pink.  I will put it in there.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If someone gets an unwanted Cailyn lip balm would you mind putting my name on it and tossing into the box? I hope it is OK to ask.

OMG! I have been feinding for that too faced pallette.... if only i were next in line -- hahaha! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@lovepink - you put in some great stuff!! Take out some more!

Thank you lovepink!  Take some more out for yourself, you barely touched the box! Take that Sea Salt spray for sure, I have one I'm adding for the next round.

Back