Circular Swap #6 - North Discussion Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to wait until next Sunday (Nov 9) to see if everyone is interested in a 2nd round.  I can most likely mail it out the next day the post office is open

So... I checked the items, threw a couple out that had no labels or leaked and checked to see what was used if it was opened/unsealed.

This is what's left after I took out what I wanted and took out the things that I started the box with that were still there.

185aa4ef529b73c58ef1f6d0cc5b129890025d39.jpg

3cef03b7590da5c06b4b5cd484dd2579035bba26.jpg

These items are used

b7a4716e99e957c633b3500b027a4bf9bf7d817a.jpg

This is the stuff I started the box with, if you want any of it, please let me know since I'll be leaving them out this round.

c5327f6e1a85f23669430fc23e453c44364b9cda.jpg

32ccc502b1f22ed98014e61636f44ec405ca290f.jpg

These items are used

8bd3ef02a075fb4e92c555a5e62b8f179b2d164f.jpg

Anddd.. now to gather up stuff to add to the box!

I hope you all had a happy halloween!

Thank you to whoever put in the shark tooth necklace!  I lark on the nina garcia posts and loved it!  And love the cupcake bathbomb!  And yeah I kinda took a lot of the nail polishes.. can't help myself.  XD
I was afraid I put in too much nail polish.  I'm glad it found a good home.  

I got the cupcake bathbomb, the mirror, and the pink bow nail decals in an Out of the Box Sampler.  I'm thinking about using this swap as an excuse to order the November box.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a suggestion for the bright yellow-gold Ciate nail polish.  I have a Color Club polish that's very similiar.  I love how it looks layered under a slightly sheer creme polish.  It gives it a "glow from within" look.  I was going to post swatches, but can't capture the effect in a photo.

I was afraid I put in too much nail polish.  I'm glad it found a good home.  

I got the cupcake bathbomb, the mirror, and the pink bow nail decals in an Out of the Box Sampler.  I'm thinking about using this swap as an excuse to order the November box.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I LOVE baths!  Anything bath related is awesome for me and I LOVE cupcakes so this was a win-win!  I always see awesome lifestyle subs but I'm always afraid to bite the bullet because they tend to be pricey.  So I just lark and envy!  

I have a suggestion for the bright yellow-gold Ciate nail polish.  I have a Color Club polish that's very similiar.  I love how it looks layered under a slightly sheer creme polish.  It gives it a "glow from within" look.  I was going to post swatches, but can't capture the effect in a photo.
I actually have 2 of these!  I almost never use up a polish unless it's something like a topcoat/basecoat or wnw black creme that I use all of the time to do nail stamping so I was hoping it would go to a good home.  Thanks for that tip!  I shall have to try that, I haven't tried it over another polish yet, just plain ol' 2 coats!  

I'll take the Ojon foil if you leave it in. I didn't take it last time because I took another one, and I was feeling a little greedy by taking both!! 

Thank you so much for organizing this so well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

@@tulippop I'll take the OCC lip tar, eye pencil next to it, Inikia, NYX lipstick, the liquid highlighter thats near the nyx lippie and the purple hair thingy if nobody else wants them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

@@Elizabeth Mac,@@Sheeeeeelby, I've put those items aside for you guys.  =D  Seems like just 4 of us want in on a 2nd round so would you guys be ok with 4 or did you want to try joining another group?  I think 1 or 2 of them were thinking about mixing it up.  I'm fine either way and/or we could also mix up the order in our group as well.

I'm okay with just four of us if that is all that want to go again.  I'm fine with the order as well but if anyone wants to switch it around thats okay with me too  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

@@chelsealynn + @@Elizabeth Mac + @@Sheeeeeelby, I just asked in the general swap thread to see if any of the other groups want to merge.  

Andd... Do you guy think expired BB creams are ok to use?  I just found 3 (2 that I tested and 1 that is new) that are all expired.  I'm not sure if I keep or just toss them.  I don't think any of them match my skin tone anyways since I've gotten so tan.

@@tulippop Would they match this pale girl? haha. This probably sounds awful but I don't pay too much attention to expiration dates on makeup. I just use my best judgement.

@@Sheeeeeelby, I have the Dr. Jart+ waterfuse BB (the same one that birchbox sent out tiny tiny samples of).  It's fullsized and expired 11/11/13 and I think I only used it 2x.  I have a bnib missha perfect cover bb cream in #31 which is golden beige.  Fullsized, expired 1/19/12 and the seal is still on it.  And I have a Missha perfect cover bb cream in #23 which is natural beige and used 2-3x and expired 01/23/12.  the #23 and Dr Jart+ are all pretty pale but they are a little gray (as must bb creams seem to be).  I think the expiration dates may be for the spf but I'm not sure.  I think they are fine to use but they're too gray/pale for me.  If you want them I'll put them in the box but I do feel kinda bad because they are expired.

@@tulippop Hmmm... I would be up for trying them, if nobody else wants to and if you just plan on tossing them. 
If you want to try them, I'll definitely stick them in the box, otherwise I honestly think I would just toss them.  I already gathered up everything I'm going to send.  Should I post them now are should I wait until we are sure about who is going to do a 2nd round or if we merge with another group?

@@Sheeeeeelby, I have the Dr. Jart+ waterfuse BB (the same one that birchbox sent out tiny tiny samples of).  It's fullsized and expired 11/11/13 and I think I only used it 2x.  I have a bnib missha perfect cover bb cream in #31 which is golden beige.  Fullsized, expired 1/19/12 and the seal is still on it.  And I have a Missha perfect cover bb cream in #23 which is natural beige and used 2-3x and expired 01/23/12.  the #23 and Dr Jart+ are all pretty pale but they are a little gray (as must bb creams seem to be).  I think the expiration dates may be for the spf but I'm not sure.  I think they are fine to use but they're too gray/pale for me.  If you want them I'll put them in the box but I do feel kinda bad because they are expired.
The sunscreen, if they have any, may no longer be effective, but I'm sure they're still safe to use as long as you're not relying on the SPF.

Holy Jumbolia!  Box is huge!  I had to restrain myself and wait until I got home from costco to open it up.  Will post pictures later....

@@chelsealynn and @@Elizabeth Mac are down for another round.  @@feemia, @@SnowLeopard, and @@Sheeeeeelby, would you guys like to do another round as well?  If so I'll weed out the things I originally put in and add more stuff!  
I'd love to do another round, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough product to contribute to the box.  Can you put me down as tentative?  I should know for sure by the time the box gets started again.

@@feemia, Sure!  And I can't speak for the others but for myself, I honestly don't care if you don't have a lot to contribute.  I am just happy if anyone wants the stuff I'm not using.

@@feemia, Sure!  And I can't speak for the others but for myself, I honestly don't care if you don't have a lot to contribute.  I am just happy if anyone wants the stuff I'm not using.
I have to agree.  I was putting away some stuff last night and just have so much I don't want.  I would much rather it find a home than be taking up space in mine  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back