Circular Swap #6 - Super Swappers Discussion Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, now yet another post, this one about what I'm adding. No photos yet, but I want to get a sense of what folks want most. I have a good number of varied perfume vial samples, and if people would like any of them in particular, I'll toss them in. 

How much hair care would folks like? I have a ton of styling products and more that I'll never use due to my brand loyalty.

Skin care: How much? Again, have tons of this. 

Also -- if anyone sees something really shiny on my swap list linked below, let me know so I can potentially toss it in.

Okay, now yet another post, this one about what I'm adding. No photos yet, but I want to get a sense of what folks want most. I have a good number of varied perfume vial samples, and if people would like any of them in particular, I'll toss them in. 

How much hair care would folks like? I have a ton of styling products and more that I'll never use due to my brand loyalty.

Skin care: How much? Again, have tons of this. 

Also -- if anyone sees something really shiny on my swap list linked below, let me know so I can potentially toss it in.
Oh too bad about the spill! That stinks to have to clean it up before you can even check everything out!

If you have any hair masks I can definitely use some of those! I would also be interested in some eye cream if you have any (not Benefit or GlamGlow - I've tried those).

@@gingerneko if you were to throw in Harvey prince hello and/or the Lorac ruby lustre gloss I would swoon.

I'm always up to try hair stuff like leave in sprays, oils, styling stuff, etc.

Skincare I tend to be meh on but if the nourish argan serum is in the box like I saw in the spoiler originally and you don't want it that's about all I would want. Oh and face masks. Masks are usually the only Skincare I try outside of my regulars.

@@button6004 - Oh, somehow I missed getting a pic of the Nourish and those adorable tweezers. Since the Nourish is an HG for you, I'll be sending that along, definitely. Also added the Hello and the Lorac! 

@@CassieM - I think I have a couple of different sorts I could pass along of both. Going through my stuff and getting together what I'm adding, will post pics before I mail!

Some of the scents I have include Rose Anonyme, Dahlia Divin, La Folle de Joie, and a bunch of other things I'd have to itemize. Since florals are my nemesis, anything with a dominant floral note that I get is passed on to others. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@@gingerneko I basically only use Living Proof for hair products now, and Ole Henriksen and argan/marula oil for skincare, so I'm not too big on trying new items for hair/skin.

@@gingerneko Any clarifying type shampoos or minty for my oily scalp. I bought the Morrocanoil Clarifying shampoo at the salon I got my hair done at, with my stylists recommendation and it does nothing for my greasy scalp, 2 three times lathering up and it was like I had just used water. If someone wants to try it the bottle is almost new and I can put it in when its my turn. My hair was clean and looked nice but my scalp felt worst than before I showered.

@@kyxli - I have a Living Proof styling product, I'll toss that in!

@@wadedl - Let me take a look for those. For just the scalp, though, did you try dry shampoo just at the roots? It does wonders for absorbing excess oil. Since my hair is mostly dry these days, I don't often need it, and I could toss in one of mine for you to try. 

@@gingerneko I do really like dry shampoo lately for that. I have a Psst brand one that I use sometimes and does help. The suave I used before smelled good but didn't do much.

@@button6004 - Oh, somehow I missed getting a pic of the Nourish and those adorable tweezers. Since the Nourish is an HG for you, I'll be sending that along, definitely. Also added the Hello and the Lorac!

@@CassieM - I think I have a couple of different sorts I could pass along of both. Going through my stuff and getting together what I'm adding, will post pics before I mail!

Some of the scents I have include Rose Anonyme, Dahlia Divin, La Folle de Joie, and a bunch of other things I'd have to itemize. Since florals are my nemesis, anything with a dominant floral note that I get is passed on to others.
Awesome, thank you! I feel you on the floral notes, I get a headache every time even if I like the scent. I really don't wear perfumes any more bc they almost always give my husband a migraine.

I must be the minority here! I like floral notes, especially rose. I try to stay away from things that are overpowering because they do give me a headache, but I really like a light, floral scent. 

Hi ladies! 

Finally getting the box packed up - been dealing with a sick kitten this weekend. Poor little girl's been miserable. Pics to come a little later tonight!

I literally cannot wait for this to arrive.  I have all of my stuff set aside ready to be added to the box!

Aww I hope your kitty is feeling better! The box is looking awesome, I hope you love your new stuff!

My turn is getting so close - yay I'm excited! I just got a new job and will need to be wearing makeup more frequently (before I was mainly working from home) so I'm hoping to get some stuff I can use for work!

This is my first circular swap so I was curious... Is there a rule of thumb for how much you should put in and take out? Is it kind of like a one on one swap where you try to trade around the same value of things that you get?

Aww I hope your kitty is feeling better! The box is looking awesome, I hope you love your new stuff!

My turn is getting so close - yay I'm excited! I just got a new job and will need to be wearing makeup more frequently (before I was mainly working from home) so I'm hoping to get some stuff I can use for work!

This is my first circular swap so I was curious... Is there a rule of thumb for how much you should put in and take out? Is it kind of like a one on one swap where you try to trade around the same value of things that you get?
I generally try to put in at least as much as I take out.  I usually always put in more than I take out, just because I tend to have a lot of little foils that I won't use and throw a bunch of those in.

I think as long as you are making an effort to be fair, you will be fine.  If you really like 12 things and only have 10 to give, I suspect no one here is going to be on your case about not having 2 extra things to give.  You know?

Also- I have a Julep polish that I've actually never used other than to swatch on the top, but it has thickened a bit and needs some thinner, which I dont have.  It's not a color I'm particularly attached to, so I'm thinking of tossing it in marked that it needs thinner if anyone is interested in it.  Yes? No? Otherwise I will just chuck it out. But I feel bad throwing away a full polish that could be used otherwise.

AND. I have an extra jar of homemade sea salt scrub from my last big batch (its either mandarin orange, pink grapefruit or vanilla almond, I cant remember) that I was thinking of adding. Would anyone be interested?

I generally try to put in at least as much as I take out. I usually always put in more than I take out, just because I tend to have a lot of little foils that I won't use and throw a bunch of those in.

I think as long as you are making an effort to be fair, you will be fine. If you really like 12 things and only have 10 to give, I suspect no one here is going to be on your case about not having 2 extra things to give. You know?
Ok thanks, that's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure! I definitely want to be fair and don't want anyone to feel like I'm ripping off the group! I've actually been stressing a little about what I'm going to put in and I think I'm driving my husband crazy. He says I'm overthinking it! Lol.

Back