Circular Swap #6 - Super Swappers Discussion Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also- I have a Julep polish that I've actually never used other than to swatch on the top, but it has thickened a bit and needs some thinner, which I dont have. It's not a color I'm particularly attached to, so I'm thinking of tossing it in marked that it needs thinner if anyone is interested in it. Yes? No? Otherwise I will just chuck it out. But I feel bad throwing away a full polish that could be used otherwise.

AND. I have an extra jar of homemade sea salt scrub from my last big batch (its either mandarin orange, pink grapefruit or vanilla almond, I cant remember) that I was thinking of adding. Would anyone be interested?
What color is the julep? And I don't need anymore scrubs right now but those scents sound delicious!

Aww I hope your kitty is feeling better! The box is looking awesome, I hope you love your new stuff!

My turn is getting so close - yay I'm excited! I just got a new job and will need to be wearing makeup (Plus, I incmore frequently (before I was mainly working from home) so I'm hoping to get some stuff I can use for work!

This is my first circular swap so I was curious... Is there a rule of thumb for how much you should put in and take out? Is it kind of like a one on one swap where you try to trade around the same value of things that you get?
Luckily, she seems to have bounced back well! She's her usual spunky tortitudinous self now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I put in more than I took, a lot more, because I have a lot on hand -- plus I was including things people wanted from my swap list, so I put in what I would have normally, and added those items atop it so everyone else would have a good selection aside from the 'bespoke' items.

I'm picky as hell when it comes to what I want, so I didn't take all that much first time around. Once we've all had a chance at the box, I may want more the second time around. 

I think that if this box follows historical trends it will grow more than it shrinks, so I wouldn't worry too much about balancing it out, so long as it's not a case of taking all the pricey items and putting in a few foils, or something. I already had to upgrade to a large flat-rate box, so I'm kind of hoping people will take a lot of it so we don't end up with a desktop-computer-sized box at the end. I don't think any of us will be greedy -- the MUT ladies all seem to be generous with these swaps. Take what you like, put in what you think others will like, and don't fret over it. The fact that you worry about it at all tells me that you aren't going to have a problem. 

@@button6004 -- I would love to try out one of those scrubs! I love scrubs, and I could definitely put it to use. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I would say go ahead and toss in the Julep with a little sticky note or something to say which one it is. I put in a couple of used items with notes to say as much -- the UD palette is older, but it still smells and feels fine, plus it's barely been used. I don't do glitter any more, but I wanted to give people who do use glitters a shot at a really pretty palette that was going to waste in my drawers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What color is the julep? And I don't need anymore scrubs right now but those scents sound delicious!
Its a red color, and I'm blanking on the name now.  I'll look at the bottle when I get home.

I have a Smashbox palette I am going to pop in the box. I have used it I think three times tops? I will sanitize it, but its just sitting in my makeup cubby going to waste.  So hopefully someone can use her!

Its a red color, and I'm blanking on the name now.  I'll look at the bottle when I get home.

I have a Smashbox palette I am going to pop in the box. I have used it I think three times tops? I will sanitize it, but its just sitting in my makeup cubby going to waste.  So hopefully someone can use her!
I actually really like the Smashbox shadows I've used -- I'd love to snag that if it makes it back to me if the colors are ones I'd wear. What kinds of colors are in it?

I actually really like the Smashbox shadows I've used -- I'd love to snag that if it makes it back to me if the colors are ones I'd wear. What kinds of colors are in it?
Its the Masquerade palette, so it has a gold, a really pigmented dark blue, some purples, a green, browns, etc. 9 colors.

The box arrived! I opened it and looked at everything- what a great box!

I have to go check on my friends cats but when I'm home I'll post some photos.

I need to read the thread again to see what folks asked @@gingerneko for so I dont take it!

OKAY.  Here are pictures!

WAIT. How do I do a spoiler tag?

2hd9xmr.jpg

Okay! Here we go!

image.jpeg

FIRST VIEW!

image2.jpeg

Secret Shinies!

image3.jpeg

The surprise is beautiful jewelry made by @@gingerneko!

image4.jpeg

Here's everything unloaded!

image5.jpeg

Okay, so here's what I *think* I am taking. I woke up this morning suspecting I have a thing of Buxom mascara in my "to try" pile, so if I do, I will be putting that back in the box for someone else to try. If not, I do want to try it. I only took things I either knew I really loved (ie: the Nourish Argan and the Briogeo) or brands I've never tried.

image6.jpeg

What I added:

image7.jpeg

And then I remembered my scrub! And a tub of Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter. The scrub is mandarin orange scented. Handmade with pink himalayan salt, sea salt, grapeseed oil, mandarin essential oil, and dried orange peel.

image8.jpeg

I also know myself well, and know that before I actually tape the box up and ship it out to @@CassieM tomorrow morning, I will end up throwing more goodies in there. I always end up doing one last sweep through my stash before I seal the box!

ALSO.  I put a note on the Julep polish that it needs the polish thinner, but hasnt been used other than to swatch.

The Smashbox palette is a full-sized palette, and the only color I used was the center gold one.  I did, however, sanitize all the colors and gently swab them down just to be sure they are clean, so if you see a gentle swipe on some of the other colors, that's what it is from.  I left a note on that to indicate such.

I'm so glad you liked it all! That scrub sounds yummy. I love orange scents for body products and I'm sure the other ladies will love it too! 

Also, ladies, if you don't find a piece in there that suits your style from my surprise shinies, let me know when you get your hands on the box, because I can easily make some more. I have a ton of materials, and I'm all amped up to make more. I want to make some more cord/ribbon/leather strip bracelets as soon as I have some more cord ends of the right sizes (ran out of the 1mm ones and didn't realize it until I sat down to make more -- I have about five more items I have already half-ready).

Sorry I haven't been active here lately. I've been traveling, and just got home a few days ago. I'm leaving tomorrow for another business trip, so it's been pretty busy lately. I've been following the posts here, though, and I love seeing all the pictures of the box. And @@gingerneko, the surprise shinies look amazing! I can't wait to see them up close.

@kyxli - I hope you find something you love in there! I do the jewelry thing just for fun, because I'm nowhere near the level of skill needed to make things professionally. Still, it's fun, and I wanted to share some things, because I'll never wear all the stuff I make! 

And the rassafrassin craft stores did not have my cord ends. Le sigh. 

I'm so glad you liked it all! That scrub sounds yummy. I love orange scents for body products and I'm sure the other ladies will love it too!

Also, ladies, if you don't find a piece in there that suits your style from my surprise shinies, let me know when you get your hands on the box, because I can easily make some more. I have a ton of materials, and I'm all amped up to make more. I want to make some more cord/ribbon/leather strip bracelets as soon as I have some more cord ends of the right sizes (ran out of the 1mm ones and didn't realize it until I sat down to make more -- I have about five more items I have already half-ready).
Thank you for adding surprises in there for us, that is so sweet of you!

This weekend was a bit rough for me and I didnt end up making it to the Post Office, but have no fear! I am going today! The box will be heading to @@CassieM today and since she is so close, I would bet it gets there faster than expected.

My pleasure. I like to give people nice surprises. (Just ask my Mom.) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Aww me too! It's so fun making people happy! I actually just got a little carried away buying fall goodies for my family - tons of seasonal foods from world market for my brothers and dad and haus of gloi and fortune cookie soap fall stuff for my mom and sister in law! So fun!

Back