Circular Swap #6 - Super Swappers Discussion Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome -- I can't wait to see the pics! 

I love World Market so much. I always buy the hubby interesting flavors of Pocky or Asian KitKat flavors when I go in. Last time was green tea chocolate Pocky, which he quite liked. I always wind up finding great gifts for people there. I found this adorable scarf/wrap there for a friend of the family a few months back. It was a lightweight cotton weave, pale green and light aqua, and she uses it all the time and loves it. 

What's funny is that my Mom is insanely generous, too. I got her a subscription to the Thierry Mugler box for Valentine's Day, and she keeps giving me things from the boxes! (Well, in two cases, I actually accepted because she wouldn't wear Alien, and there was a gold metallic polish with a slight red shift she'd never use, but I love.) Then again, she's gotten a ton of my sub box samples, too. Anything with a lavender scent goes right to Mom. She loves lavender. I hate it because it gives me headaches. 

[beading babble on]

I finally just ordered my cord ends, so when they get here, some wrap bracelets are in the future for round 2! Colors of cording I have on hand right now are basic black leather, pale green satin, light aqua satin, yellow [SIZE=13.63636302948px]leather[/SIZE], rosy-mauve, red, a few shades of brown and tan skinny leather, a neat, funky multi-tone red-purple-blue-green jewel tone satin, and a cream satin cord with a slender gold trim. I may have one or two others I'm forgetting, though. I'm such a dork about this stuff. Only reason I ordered the cord ends was because I had to order some sterling pieces for a holiday gift for my mother in law -- I found this gorgeous antique pendant in a silver filigree with tiny turquoise and coral accents, and I'm turning it into a convertible two strand station necklace with some gorgeous coral beads I found in a local shop. I can't wait to give it to her -- I think she'll love it. 

[/beading babble off]

I am suddenly craving this one Kat Von D shadow I saw -- a brown/blue shadeshifter shadow. I'm telling myself I don't need to spend $18 on another eyeshadow. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Last edited by a moderator:
USPS says the box will be delivered today! I dont know if that is true, we will see!

The box made it to me today! Super fast shipping for us super swappers!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Gaaaah I'm next! *diiiies*

I totally spaced following the thread for photos and discussion until @@CassieM sent me a message letting me know I was next.

I just got over being sick (not Ebola - Laryngitis) and spent all day drooling and scrutinizing over the pictures!

I cannot freaking wait. I've been showing my co-workers lol I'm just so excited.

I have a question though - What about duplicate items? I've noticed that there are some things in there (or were - I haven't looked at @@CassieM 's pics yet) that I was probably going to put in there as well. But I thought that might be a total bummer for the box starter if both ended up back to her =/ What do you guys think?

Also: I love how everyone is already talking about doing a second cycle. I am allllll the way down haha

I think dupes are okay for sure.

I am definitely down for a second round- I wont have as much to put in I dont think, but I will still have some things!

Ok so I'm pretty sure this is what I'm taking...

image.jpg

And this is what I'm putting in...

image.jpg

I am planning to send it on tomorrow and will update once I do! This is so fun, I can't wait until it comes around again!

I'm super excited! I'll let everyone know when it arrives!

In the meantime, @wadedl @@kyxli @msambrosia, feel free to look over my swap list and let me know if there is anything in particular you're interested in so I can make sure to get them in there!

Ok ladies! Here are the swap contents! My BF grabbed the box for me from the mailbox and asked "Why is this so heavy?" lol It's seriously an amazing box! You gals are awesome!

20141027_141152.jpg

20141027_231524.jpg

20141027_232334.jpg

20141027_232423.jpg

20141027_232809.jpg

20141027_232615.jpg

(sorry that last one is so blurry, I was kind of in a rush and it was a bigger task to tackle than I anticipated lol)

I will make my selections and contributions when I get home! Then I'll post pics and ship it out to @@wadedl tomorrow!

ETA: There are definitely some photos missing... not sure what happened there. My phone was on very limited battery power so maybe they just didn't save. Sorry about that ladies!

Does anyone have a black Cynthia Rowley eyeliner they don't want? If so, please stick it in the box and I will grab it in the next round! I wear black eyeliner most of the time and I am really liking the formula! My pencil is down to the last little nub so I'm in dire need of a new one. I know a lot of people don't like that one or don't wear black eyeliner so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Back