Circular Swap Round 2-East Coast Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, so the box was returned to me. At least not all is lost. It's pretty water damaged on the outside and I'm not sure how they  even figured out where to send it back to, the return label is so messed up. I'm going to open it and make sure the contents are ok, then send it on again. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok guys, so the box was returned to me. At least not all is lost. It's pretty water damaged on the outside and I'm not sure how they  even figured out where to send it back to, the return label is so messed up. I'm going to open it and make sure the contents are ok, then send it on again. 
I hope everything inside is ok! I'm just glad we didn't lose the box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't sent it back out yet, haven't even had a chance to open it again and move it to a new box, actually.

I haven't sent it back out yet, haven't even had a chance to open it again and move it to a new box, actually.
 That's disapointing.... I don't mean to be a whiner, I know people have things going on (i just moved myself), but at least 2 of the other boxes are already at the halfway point.

Originally Posted by wagz379 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's disapointing.... I don't mean to be a whiner, I know people have things going on (i just moved myself), but at least 2 of the other boxes are already at the halfway point.
Its circumstances beyond my control, I'm well aware it's disappointing, it was lost for a week due to the storm and was returned to me water damaged. I already paid $11 to ship it once, it isn't in my budget until I get paid tomorrow to ship it again because due to the same storm I had to rebuy two weeks worth of groceries, and even if it was, I haven't exactly had time to remove anything that was damaged, pack a new box, and go to the post office to ship it off between trying to take care of things at my house because of the storm and trying to catch up at work for the few days we lost due to power outage. I'd rather not have to deal with my boyfriend being insecure due to a rather upsetting diagnosis and breaking up with me over it, leaving me in a state where I didn't want to leave my bed, let alone get dressed to deal with a box of samples.

It's just a free sample box, it will make it to you in time. Trust me, I'd rather it have went off without a hitch and made it to the first person more than two weeks ago as planned than have to deal with the massive storm that delayed not just our box but another one of the boxes and other crap that has happened in my life. That would've saved me a ton of time, tears and money. 

Its circumstances beyond my control, I'm well aware it's disappointing, it was lost for a week due to the storm and was returned to me water damaged. I already paid $11 to ship it once, it isn't in my budget until I get paid tomorrow to ship it again because due to the same storm I had to rebuy two weeks worth of groceries, and even if it was, I haven't exactly had time to remove anything that was damaged, pack a new box, and go to the post office to ship it off between trying to take care of things at my house because of the storm and trying to catch up at work for the few days we lost due to power outage. I'd rather not have to deal with my boyfriend being insecure due to a rather upsetting diagnosis and breaking up with me over it, leaving me in a state where I didn't want to leave my bed, let alone get dressed to deal with a box of samples.

It's just a free sample box, it will make it to you in time. Trust me, I'd rather it have went off without a hitch and made it to the first person more than two weeks ago as planned than have to deal with the massive storm that delayed not just our box but another one of the boxes not have occurred at all and other crap that has happened in my life. That would've saved me a ton of time, tears and money. 
Ok, ok, really, no need to get defensive. I know things happen. I am sorry you are having a hard time right now.

I was just expressing my disappointment because I am completely lame in that the most exciting thing in my life right now is the anticipation of receiving this damn box. lol

Originally Posted by wagz379 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, ok, really, no need to get defensive. I know things happen. I am sorry you are having a hard time right now.

I was just expressing my disappointment because I am completely lame in that the most exciting thing in my life right now is the anticipation of receiving this damn box. lol
I know, I'm sorry I wasn't trying to attack or anything, I thought maybe some context would help. It should already be on its way, but yeah it was returned, after going missing for a week, so its not like its just been sitting at my house for a month or anything. It should be going out Saturday, but I can't make any promises. 

It's just a free sample box, it will make it to you in time. Trust me, I'd rather it have went off without a hitch and made it to the first person more than two weeks ago as planned than have to deal with the massive storm that delayed not just our box but another one of the boxes and other crap that has happened in my life. That would've saved me a ton of time, tears and money. 
Yikes Jenna, I'm so sorry about all of the crap that's going on in your life!  (I like to lurk on the other swap group threads to see what people are getting)  I hope that things get better for you soon and that your boyfriend will be okay.  If you think it would make things easier for you, I wouldn't mind taking over the CA swap group to help out.  Please let me know if that's an option.  And again, I really hope that you feel better soon. 

Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yikes Jenna, I'm so sorry about all of the crap that's going on in your life!  (I like to lurk on the other swap group threads to see what people are getting)  I hope that things get better for you soon and that your boyfriend will be okay.  If you think it would make things easier for you, I wouldn't mind taking over the CA swap group to help out.  Please let me know if that's an option.  And again, I really hope that you feel better soon. 
Thanks, we worked things out and things are better now, but yeah....sample swaps haven't been my priority. I'll send you an email. 

I also didn't mean to unload in this thread, but its been a rough 2 weeks and I guess it all boils over. Sorry.

Jenna - did you contact the post office about the box being damaged? Sometimes they'll issue a refund on postage because of it.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jenna - did you contact the post office about the box being damaged? Sometimes they'll issue a refund on postage because of it.
I haven't yet...I was going to bring the receipt and the damaged box when I re-send it and see what they'll do. 

When you said, "left me in a state where I didn't even want to leave my bed" I was thinking, "Yikes!  What state is that??  South Dakota?  (Only saying that because statistically there are less South Dakotaians I can possibly offend, less populous state, ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  I was thinking of myself having a bad breakup, maybe having moved for the guy and then it being so bad I'm like, I don't even want my BED to be in this crummy state, much less me!  I'm learning two new languages and I suppose I'm losing some of my English, only so much room in my brain.  I'm so glad it worked out for you, it sucks to be in stress like that, especially over a lot of things and a lot of time, you deserve some great makeup karma now.

Speaking of which, you've inspired an idea.  Have we on MuT ever thought of or done a Random Act of Kindness thread?  Goodness knows we all could use some kindness.  They have it on the Amazon.com book forums, a person posts their wish lists, somehow anonymously, and people randomly send out little things on it.  The thankfulness and good feeling for doing something nice for someone else boosts everyone up, not even just the giver/receiver.  Sometimes they're free, like Kindle books that come up free but usually they're paperbacks and such I think.  I was thinking that a lot of us are already at the post office mailing out trades, it'd be cool to RAK someone every now and then.  To say thanks for being a great poster, a helpful friend, etc.  The logistics could be crazy, but it's just an idea.  An idea I thought of when I was thinking, "Man, she seems to be such an amazing person, what sucky luck to have all that happen to her at once.  I want to buy her a beer."  When you come to Belize, I will meet you for a beer on me, 'cause, you know, beer solves everything.  Or a virgin pina colada, your pick. 
gulp.gif
   (I can't believe I could actually use that smiley in context!  This day is weird.  Good weird, but weird!)

By the way, the state that you were actually in?  I live there a lot of the time.  Being in bed is so comfortable and helps block the world out, it's a terrible state to be in when you have that feeling but when you're there, your bed is a great place to cuddle up and nurse your wounds.  Hope you completely better soon.  You are a great person who helps out a lot of us and we really do appreciate you.  I'm not even in the circular swap, I'm just looking at all the goodies and cheering at how great everyone has been in being so generous and fun and how big the box of stuff is getting.  Cheers!

Thanks, you are too sweet. 
wub.gif
 I'm feeling loved. And if I ever get the chance to go to belize, I will totally be coming for that beer, lmao. Fortunately for me, I've never been to South Dakota. 

Thanks, you are too sweet. 
wub.gif
 I'm feeling loved. And if I ever get the chance to go to belize, I will totally be coming for that beer, lmao. Fortunately for me, I've never been to South Dakota. 
Awesome.  You're on.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When you said, "left me in a state where I didn't even want to leave my bed" I was thinking, "Yikes!  What state is that??  South Dakota?  (Only saying that because statistically there are less South Dakotaians I can possibly offend, less populous state, ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

LMAO!!
4.gif

I LOVE the random acts idea. MODERATORS I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> can we work that out somehow? that's an awesome awesome awesome idea. getting packages (even that i've paid for) is Christmas to me, so if one showed up out of the blue, I would be thrilled. I would love to do it to someone else, too! How awesome would Jenna have felt if while she was stressing about her boyfriend and the storm she randomly received the frizz stuff she was looking for last month. AWESOME.

The Random Acts idea is very cute! But I feel like it really is too crazy of a thing to really plan, plus there may be some legal issues. I'm not sure if anyone is allowed to give someone else's address out. And we aren't allowed to write our own address out(for a good reason). It is a awesome idea though. I'd be so down if we figured out a way for it to work somehow.

Back