Circular Swap Round #4 The Spring Cleaning Edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would be helpful to know what people are looking for, if they are looking for something in particular or really like a certain type of item. 

I think so too. I think it would be nice to know about preferences etc. I'm not good at taking things though I just enjoy putting the stuff in more than taking it but I know the purpose of this is to take and put in. I'm working on the taking part. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Kind of sounds like too much work, I think this box is supposed to be a way to get rid of our unwantables/unusables so catering it to certain people in certain categories would just add another thing to think about. Personally, what I've always done is look up who's in the swap and see if they have a tradelist that has things they want listed. If I have something someone wants on their list and even if I'm not looking to get rid of it right away, I'll usually throw it in and hope that whoever wanted it actually gets it.

I think it would be helpful to know what people are looking for, if they are looking for something in particular or really like a certain type of item. 
This is exactly why tradelists are so darn handy, even a wishlist would be helpful. But once we start signing up to receive say, a certain moisturizer (or anything), I think it might be time to do another secret santa type thing. Gees, I'd love to do another one, like a Summer Swap.

I agree with @@mirandamanda about being to specific about items. I like the surprise of opening the package up, it is like Christmas minus the cleanup. I always say another women's unwanted samples/items is another women's treasure. Sorry that was a bad joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that the purpose of this swap is hopefully to trade what we don't use/need for items that more suit us.  Sometimes we have so much we want to put in the box but only just so much room in the box so we have to make choices as to which to add.  To that end, I am wondering if it might be useful/fun for each of us to say something about our hair type and skin tone/needs so that if a choice is being made by the person(s) before us, they can choose to add a product that seems to fit someone after us.  Of course, this in no way changes most of what we put in and only if we are forced to make a choice due to space.  

Does it sound like fun?  Or too much work?
I'd be up for it.

I agree with @@mirandamanda about being to specific about items. I like the surprise of opening the package up, it is like Christmas minus the cleanup. I always say another women's unwanted samples/items is another women's treasure. Sorry that was a bad joke.
Thats exactly what I love about it too! I love going through it all and picking things out for myself and if there's items that someone else said that they wanted specifically or that were placed in the box for one person only, then why not just send it directly to that person instead of someone else seeing it and possibly wanting it for themselves? 

Maybe something like this would be helpful, since it is sort of general and isn't as time consuming as coming up with a specific wishlist or anything:

1.What type of products do you love?

2.What type of products do you dislike?

3.Favorite brands?

4.Least favorite brands?

I did look back into circular swaps from previous years and this seemed like it was helpful then. But they previously included flammables and nail polishes though and it was so complicated back then. I will just say that if someone wants anything on my tradelist, I will include it for that person, since most of my tradelist is probably going to end up in the box anyway.

We can do a summer swap. Will make a thread for it and I'll post it here.

I'm a little in the middle, I like the surprise factor of the circular swap but I like knowing some of the items in there are right up my alley.

I always find more than I think I'm going to find or like.

Thats exactly what I love about it too! I love going through it all and picking things out for myself and if there's items that someone else said that they wanted specifically or that were placed in the box for one person only, then why not just send it directly to that person instead of someone else seeing it and possibly wanting it for themselves?

Maybe something like this would be helpful, since it is sort of general and isn't as time consuming as coming up with a specific wishlist or anything:

1.What type of products do you love?

2.What type of products do you dislike?

3.Favorite brands?

4.Least favorite brands?

I did look back into circular swaps from previous years and this seemed like it was helpful then. But they previously included flammables and nail polishes though and it was so complicated back then. I will just say that if someone wants anything on my tradelist, I will include it for that person, since most of my tradelist is probably going to end up in the box anyway.
I like this quick survey might help when you have sooo much to add and need to make it fit! I will respond as I don't have a trade list or anything like that posted.

1. Loving spf products esp. Natural/organic ones, love skin care, lip balm and hair detanglers/leave in conditioner sprays and anything for dark under eye circles

2. Not a fan of blowout or hair styling products as my day to day is air dry, tinted Bb/cc creams since they tend to be too dark for my skin

3. Tarte, Coola, origins, l'oreal (eye), benefit

4. The only thing I can say definitively don't like is Harvey prince!!!

Here is what I took

IMG_1983.JPG

Box is out! The mean lady at the post office almost tried to tell me it was not flat rate since it was bulging a bit from the top LOL but it ended up costing less so I didn't have to pay more. I have to hone in on my tetras box skills next time. 

Back