Cravebox Resolutions Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it wasn't for this site or Facebook you wouldn't even know you were missing something, so a list is necessary. I got everything, but still the worst box yet, IMO. I do usually hate them at first, though. Glad I opened my QVC Test Tube second. A supplement would've  been nice, but I guess they consider the Cocoa Via to be just that. I hope it can be used in coffee.

I got the $40 MK eye cream too. I'm in the over 35 crowd tho. Got the moisture whip too. I like this box a lot. They're hits or misses!

Haven't gotten a reply to my email yet... But there are SO MANY people saying they're missing the MK on the Cravebox FB page!  One poor lady was missing the MK and the fruitbars! I'll keep you all updated... from what I've seen in prior threads, their CS is very nice and responsive, so I'm hoping it ends well.  As long as they send the MK item out, I'll be super happy!

Originally Posted by Totem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the $40 MK eye cream too. I'm in the over 35 crowd tho. Got the moisture whip too. I like this box a lot. They're hits or misses!
Same here. 

Woohoo Mark from Cravebox sent me an email back:

"Thank you for your email - I am so sorry to hear that. That is obviously a mistake on our part. We have added your name to our replacements list which we share directly with our distribution center. What this means is that we will get a replacement Timewise Cream out to you (at no charge). When that replacement leaves our shipping facility, you will get a new tracking number sent to you directly."

I'm happy with that response! Of course, let's see how long it takes for the MK to actually get here, but still! Yay great Customer Service!

claps.gif

Mine arrived today and I am happy to report that I had no missing products! Everything was in there! My only complaint is that the paper crinkles made everything kinda dusty.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woohoo Mark from Cravebox sent me an email back:

"Thank you for your email - I am so sorry to hear that. That is obviously a mistake on our part. We have added your name to our replacements list which we share directly with our distribution center. What this means is that we will get a replacement Timewise Cream out to you (at no charge). When that replacement leaves our shipping facility, you will get a new tracking number sent to you directly."

I'm happy with that response! Of course, let's see how long it takes for the MK to actually get here, but still! Yay great Customer Service!
That's the same email I got today.  I've purchased subscription and sample boxes off and on for at least 6 years now from all different companies, and Cravebox seems to have the most chaotic packaging of any I've tried.  I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I'm used to there being a packing list or place on the site that lists the box contents and items wrapped neatly in tissue/box/bag or at the very least in a box they fit in properly with all items stacked together between layers of crinkle/tissue/bubble wrap like a sandwich.  All three boxes I've gotten from Cravebox have had a disorganized jumble of items and papers mixed into the crinkle paper and at least one coupon or ad ripped.  I think I might be done with Cravebox.  I'm fine with the items I've received and will use most of them, but it's kinda discouraging to get lip gloss from the same company twice in a row and the same hair product twice in a row, plus all three boxes were basically only food and beauty items.  I looked at past boxes before joining and based on box descriptions was kinda hoping for a broader range of items.

Originally Posted by renolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine arrived today and I am happy to report that I had no missing products! Everything was in there! My only complaint is that the paper crinkles made everything kinda dusty.
Same here.  I wasn't pleased with the looks of the box from the spoilers, but now that I have it, I'm more pleased with it.  Some of the items are going to friends

No soda or protein bars or the fruit and grain bars for me.  I'll give the smart ones coupon to a friend too.  Super stokes about a free wholly guac coupon.  I love that stuff! 

I got the Pantene Whip and 2 Mary Kay eye creams. I guess I need to email their CS and see if they want me to send one back????
nixweiss.gif

Congrats on the 2 MK items, lyndieonline! I wrote a review of the box on my blog. I gave you ladies the credit for helping me figure out that I had an item missing! Blog link is in my signature below if you want to check it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's a little too soon to tell, but that eye cream my be my HG. I've only used it a few times and I swear I can tell a difference! I love the applicator. Just feels so nice. I haven't been this excited about a product in a long time.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a little too soon to tell, but that eye cream my be my HG. I've only used it a few times and I swear I can tell a difference! I love the applicator. Just feels so nice. I haven't been this excited about a product in a long time.
OHHHH! Good to know!

Got my box yesterday, enjoyed the variety of items.  Glad to get the MK eye cream, but wasn't happy to see that the 2nd and 3rd ingredients were petrolatum and mineral oil, respectively.  I'll give it a go for night time use.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box yesterday, enjoyed the variety of items.  Glad to get the MK eye cream, but wasn't happy to see that the 2nd and 3rd ingredients were petrolatum and mineral oil, respectively.  I'll give it a go for night time use.
I agree absolutely. I never like putting petroleum based products on my skin. They may seem to moisturize at first, but they end up drying my skin out because it stops manufacturing the natural oils it needs.  

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree absolutely. I never like putting petroleum based products on my skin. They may seem to moisturize at first, but they end up drying my skin out because it stops manufacturing the natural oils it needs.  
Well, that stinks...I didn't notice that. Hmmm.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, that stinks...I didn't notice that. Hmmm.
I especially notice it with lip balms, but maybe they'll work for your skin. It would make sense that they would work for protecting your skin on cold, windy days, but I'm not convinced they do anything to add moisture. YMMV

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I especially notice it with lip balms, but maybe they'll work for your skin. It would make sense that they would work for protecting your skin on cold, windy days, but I'm not convinced they do anything to add moisture. YMMV
They work well for providing a barrier which can lock moisture in, but they also prevent outside moisture from coming in, which could be why they end up being drying over the long run.  I live in a humid climate, so I want that atmospheric outside moisture!  I would imagine it could work well for those in dryer climates and/or winter climates with indoor heating. 

I read a review of the MK eye cream by Paul Begoun and she said it was a good, basic cream for dry skin.  She downplayed the role of the peptides and some of the other ingredients I was excited about, however, so I don't know
doze.gif
.  I find her reviews to be a bit of a buzz kill.

Latest posts

Back