December 2015 Popsugar Must Have Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the bracelet.  Was looking for one sorta like the one we are supposed to get.  I like the gold, rose gold and silver together.  Box is a win for me!  Oh and I love lipsticks, so always a win for me!!!!

Hmm...the box is pretty decent, but I'll wait until I get it in my hands. I tend to almost always like it more once I see it in person. The bracelet is in a style I typically like, but in pictures I don't care for the ombre. I'm hoping I like it more in person and it just photographs cheaply.

Looove the lipstick. I'm on such a lipstick kick (I've ordered 15 lipsticks from ColourPop in the last two weeks, lol), so that I'm excited about. If I don't like the shades in person I'll gift them to my mom for Christmas, since she really loves lipstick.

Will also gift the wine stopper to my mom for Christmas, which means I think I'm done on presents for her! 

The gift tags and tape are very cute. I think I'll use them on presents for clients this year.

The jewelry box is something I actually don't have, so I will use it. Or I can use it for some other kind of storage. I'll have to see it in person to figure out how I'll use it, but it will get used! 

Not my favorite box and I think last year's December box was better, but everything can be gifted or used. 2013 and 2012 December boxes were alright...I loved the Bodum mugs from 2012, those are one of my favorite items ever, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I just had a fun trip down memory lane that some of you long time PSMH subbies might appreciate.  Doesn't the bracelet kind of remind you of the rose gold baublebar necklace PSMH sent out a few years back...July 2012 or 2013 I think?  I was just remembering how everyone hated it and one person called the box a "Mr. T starter kit".  Anyone remember that thing?  I wore it a few times but it is definitely sitting in a box somewhere.  I think the bracelet will be a lot more wearable. 

Now that I shared that memory I can go back to refreshing everything in hopes of holiday for her spoilers.

Hey, I just had a fun trip down memory lane that some of you long time PSMH subbies might appreciate.  Doesn't the bracelet kind of remind you of the rose gold baublebar necklace PSMH sent out a few years back...July 2012 or 2013 I think?  I was just remembering how everyone hated it and one person called the box a "Mr. T starter kit".  Anyone remember that thing?  I wore it a few times but it is definitely sitting in a box somewhere.  I think the bracelet will be a lot more wearable. 

Now that I shared that memory I can go back to refreshing everything in hopes of holiday for her spoilers.
it's exactly! what it looked like to me...and I hated that one (gifted it) and feel the same way now. 

EDIT: my younger, much more hipster friend loved it. Will likely give her this too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omg yes I had the same exact though. For some reason this bracelet feels much more Mr. T to me than the rose gold chain of the past. I too have that necklace sitting somewhere in a box, I think it tarnished after wearing it. Sigh....which is why I don't love most of the jewelry in sub boxes (except my RZ ring from the fall style box a couple years ago, event though it turns my finger green now...sad). But jewelry items are all easily gifted or swapped.  

Hm. Well I'm glad we received spoilers today, but like someone else said, since I hadn't been billed, I just went and cancelled. I like the bracelet, but can live without it, and would only use the mug cake and gift tags/tape. (I've got too many nice lipsticks and a huge jewelry armoire, and I don't need another wine stopper.) It also seems like it's missing something.

It does seem totally wonderful for gifting - but all my gifting is already all taken care of. Maybe if it hadn't been I'd be happier about the box. I'm glad so many other people like it, though, and I can save money right now haha!

I definitely had a flashback too with the bracelet. I made my Mr. T necklace into a bracelet already, and actually ended up liking it. But this one looks cheap in the photos. I'll have to see it in person. 

I'm looking forward to the rest though, especially the box. And the cake! Everything will be used or gifted. 

I'm trying to decide whether to pick up a second box for my aunt. I got her one last year and she liked it, but she doesn't drink alcohol and is diabetic, so she can't use the cake or stopper. 

I totally flashed back to that necklace with the bracelet. I like the bracelet but more as a gift and the person it would go to I bought a bracelet I really like so... swapping is an option, but we're having our family Christmas early and don't know if it will be here in time. 

I like the bracelet, there is a jewelry designer who makes really nice jewelry, I pick up a piece here + there on sale, her name is Jenny Bird, she makes a bracelet + necklace that looks exactly the same even with the 3 metals, it's called the RiRi - In photos, hers looks very study + I own the solid color ones and they are - When I saw this designers picture, it made me wonder if the quality is good? I wish someone here had it in their paws to give us their thoughts! I trust y'all!

Randomly, I have matching jewelry trays so it would look nice with my set, I wanted white but got the blue years ago as the blue was way less than the white in a sale!

(side note, Pottery Barn makes the best Jewelry boxes ever, if you can catch it on sale, grab em, it's called McKenna, highly recommend!)

my cup of cake looks DIVINE! Belgian chocolate, YUM!

I can't believe all spoilers are out but the Today box, I was just whining earlier in our LE for Her thread for spoilers!

what to do?!? I'm thinking PS may do an offer around the 15th like they did last year but they are so unpredictable! still ticked at no Black Friday...

I think may want every box now but either way I need that chocolate soufflé like NOW! YUM!

yes, I have that throwback necklace too! gosh, we are such OG popsugar addicts! at least #dovesoapgate trumps them all, ha!

merry, merry

Omg yes I had the same exact though. For some reason this bracelet feels much more Mr. T to me than the rose gold chain of the past. I too have that necklace sitting somewhere in a box, I think it tarnished after wearing it. Sigh....which is why I don't love most of the jewelry in sub boxes (except my RZ ring from the fall style box a couple years ago, event though it turns my finger green now...sad). But jewelry items are all easily gifted or swapped.
the RZ ring turned your finger green?!? wow! it was way too big for me so I gave to a friend, I know it's all costume but I would never had though RZ would do that!

Hey, I just had a fun trip down memory lane that some of you long time PSMH subbies might appreciate. Doesn't the bracelet kind of remind you of the rose gold baublebar necklace PSMH sent out a few years back...July 2012 or 2013 I think? I was just remembering how everyone hated it and one person called the box a "Mr. T starter kit". Anyone remember that thing? I wore it a few times but it is definitely sitting in a box somewhere. I think the bracelet will be a lot more wearable.

you saw LE for HER spoilers right?!? just wanted to make sure as they are up! no Today box yet right?

the RZ ring turned your finger green?!? wow! it was way too big for me so I gave to a friend, I know it's all costume but I would never had though RZ would do that!
The RZ ring from the PopSugar must have Fall Style box, the knot one, yep, It turns my finger green. The ring has "faded" or "tarnished" from gold to more of a rose gold, it still looks pretty and I still like it and wear it a lot but it's not what it was and the inside of the band is so worn away, it's coppery and my finger gets green if I wear it daily. I've even coated the ring with clear polish to prevent my finger from turning green. But I am also sensitive to cheap jewelry too, my bf bought me a bunch of cheapy stone studs from groupon and they turned my ears black around my piercing. Some stuff just doesn't agree with my skin.

Almost all the jewelry in my PS boxes have tarnished so badly that they look terrible. It could be because I wear perfume, hair spray and all sorts of lotions and potions that break down the plating but I'm just kinda over the cheap quality so I'm never to excited to see more accessories in PS boxes.  

BUT they do gift and trade well.

I was so disappointed in my RZ Box of Style that I just signed back up for PSMH.  I love that tri-gold bracelet and it's edginess was more what I was expecting from the RZ box (plus it will look great with the Cluse watch from the Fall BoS).  I really like what's in the December box.  It seems the contents (bottle stopper and bracelet) are much more modern than recent boxes and that appeals to me. I am hoping that's a new trend!

I wonder if the items featured in the photo section above/right (the candies, geode  necklace, Smith and Cult lipgloss, maybe the plants,) are the remaining items for the Today Show box? 

Super irritated with psmh right now. My November box is still sitting in process. And when I email support I get a canned message about December issues. I cancelled my sub and see I have a credit (I'm guessing for the November box since I haven't been billed for December yet). Guess I'll have to wait and see if I get anything at this point.

I like the bracelet, there is a jewelry designer who makes really nice jewelry, I pick up a piece here + there on sale, her name is Jenny Bird, she makes a bracelet + necklace that looks exactly the same even with the 3 metals, it's called the RiRi
I love Jenny Bird, lisalisad1 on youtube got me interested in her pieces.  If you like her stuff but don't want to shell out the cash, Rocksbox (the jewelry rental sub) carries a lot of her pieces.  I just joined this month so I haven't received one yet but I did get Kendra Scott so it's already a win for me. 

I wonder if the items featured in the photo section above/right (the candies, geode  necklace, Smith and Cult lipgloss, maybe the plants,) are the remaining items for the Today Show box? 
This didn't even occur to me but that makes so much more sense.  I'd imagine they made far fewer today show boxes than the monthly, and that jewelry designer (whose etsy shop is "temporarily" on break) is a really small business. 

This didn't even occur to me but that makes so much more sense.  I'd imagine they made far fewer today show boxes than the monthly, and that jewelry designer (whose etsy shop is "temporarily" on break) is a really small business. 
Hmmm, Smith/Cult lipgloss has been really making an appearance in sub boxes lately (NetAPorter, Birchbox).  I am hoping that there is a nice container of Hot Cocoa or a nice chocolate box in this box (and I don't mean a single use Hot Cocoa)!  The necklace would be lovely, I really like the druzy stones (if I misspelled, please forgive).  But I am wondering if the last 4 items are small paper items (like wrapping, tape or ribbons).  A planner would be nice, since no box other than the Luxor Holiday box gave one.

Back