December Starlooks Starbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes
Awww that's a bummer since I know they said they'd send out 3-4 things. But it does seem like a nice item for $15 still >:

Technically it's 15 full sized things! The shadows are in palette, but they are still full sized shadows!

I AM SO EXCITED, it looks so pretty! I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow, as it's in my state now...I hope!

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well technically it is 15 shadows so I certainly don't think it is undervalued. They are full size pots not teeny ones.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Technically it's 15 full sized things! The shadows are in palette, but they are still full sized shadows!
Haha. That's what I said. Great minds...
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, no I'd still disagree. The Naked palettes contain 12 full size UD shadows (0.05oz each), but we wouldn't say getting a Naked palette would be like getting 12 full sized items. It's just getting one item at a good value.

I'm not mad at all. Super excited actually! ... it's just not exactly what they told us.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, no I'd still disagree. The Naked palettes contain 12 full size UD shadows (0.05oz each), but we wouldn't say getting a Naked palette would be like getting 12 full sized items. It's just getting one item at a good value.

I'm not mad at all. Super excited actually! ... it's just not exactly what they told us.

Well, I personally don't think of a palette as one item when it comes to a service like this, but maybe that's just me. I would consider getting a Naked palette in a subscription service to be the equivalent of 12 shadows...I don't think putting them in one box negates that.

THey also sent out a 5 pan palette in September, and listed that box as having 7 items (because they also included a primer and some bonus eye jewels) so this company does count each shadow as an item, or at least they have thus far. 

Frankly, I don't care what they call it, I'm just excited to be getting some fun colors to play with :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think it's 12 items because all the shadows are different but it's also 1 item since its in one category. I'd be happy with just those greens so yay 9 extras for fun! Lol

I got mine today! *edited because it IS different than the ones previously pictured* I got a different one than the two I've already seen pictured (similar colors, but different shades). Absolutely gorgeous and I cannot wait to play with it!

This is palette i110A.

I love that there is a variety of finishes...the greens and reds are especially pretty!

I got mine today! I think it's the same shades as everyone else;s, though I do notice that the shades are in a different order in the palette than the one pictured above! Absolutely gorgeous and I cannot wait to play with it!
LL
  I love that there is a variety of finishes...the greens and reds are especially pretty!
How is the quality of the palette? Almost looks like inglot freedom system which is a beast!! (In a good way lol)

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine today! I think it's the same shades as everyone else;s, though I do notice that the shades are in a different order in the palette than the one pictured above! Absolutely gorgeous and I cannot wait to play with it!

How is the quality of the palette? Almost looks like inglot freedom system which is a beast!! (In a good way lol)

I haven't had a chance to play with it much yet, but it seems really nice, smooth, and pigmented. I intend to sit down with it this afternoon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also I'm glad to report that it arrived completely unscathed and well-cushioned, and the shadow are secured in the palette, and the palette clicks closed securely.

I haven't seen any swatches so I thought I'd post some all of these are smooth and very pigmented
Update-- just noticed mine and my daughters are different mine ( pictured above is i07) My daughters is i07a the difference is the purples are different and the first red is matte and there is 1 matte purple..... So they are different

Originally Posted by JoniLynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen any swatches so I thought I'd post some all of these are smooth and very pigmented

Update-- just noticed mine and my daughters are different mine ( pictured above is i07)

My daughters is i07a the difference is the purples are different and the first red is matte and there is 1 matte purple.....

So they are different
Mine is i110A! So apparently there are several different ones! The differences i can see right away is that two of my purples are very light..I also have a matte very bright yellow.

Here are 110A vs 107A:

110A

107A

So so far, we know they've sent out 110A,107A and 107 which isn't pictured on their site...anyone get any others?

top i07a bottom i07-differences 107a bottom purple is lighter,middle purple is matte and darker, the top red is matte....

Originally Posted by JoniLynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Left i07a right i07-differences 107a bottom purple is lighter,middle purple is matte and darker, the top red is matte....

I don't see i07 on their site so I can't add the picture from the site to my list, so thanks for posting this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay, mine came in today as well!

I got the i07A, and my purple colors come out sort of brownish on me.  I love them all!  The red is fierce
icon_twisted.gif

these boxes are looking amazing! i would totally sign up if i didn't have birchbox and ipsy already.

I had a little time to play with the pallette this afternoon and I'm happy with it! The colors are all very smooth and soft and not powdery. The shimmers especially are prettypigmented, the mattes are nice too but as is typical for mattes, they are a little harder to work with and are slightly less pigmented...but they are very buildable. I will use every shade in the pallette.

And I used them over the primer Starlooks sent out in September and there was some serious lasting power.

Back