December Starlooks Starbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went back in my history to try to find it to post it and it was deleted!?!? I dunno why they did that?

I kind of wish Starboxes where Semi Customizable (SP?). I'm not really into bright and crazy colors...because I have no idea where I would wear that. But, I do go crazy for nude colors and basic colors. Which would explain why I'm itching to buy the naked basics pallete even though I don't need it. 
whistling.gif

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone else use the promo code for foundation get the bottle of foundation yet? I ordered mine on the 29th just wondering if its that slow to ship something other then the monthly boxes for everyone!
I used the promo code and I order a lipstick from them two weeks before that everything just shipped out. I'm not happy at all...it should not take a month to ship something out. 

That is crazy that they would take so long to send these items out. I did get confirmation that mine has been shipped. I don't think I will be ordering again due to this. I have a very busy out of town schedule and like to arrange my schedule with my boxes for pickup but this isn't gonna work out. Thank you for the response. I also think Starlooks should have more interaction with customers. Maybe do a look book of customers with makeup on Facebook tell people to try a look and send a picture etc. I feel like they are becoming very faded in my mind. I really have no reason to ever go look at the Facebook anymore as there is nothing going on. Jmo.

That is crazy that they would take so long to send these items out. I did get confirmation that mine has been shipped. I don't think I will be ordering again due to this. I have a very busy out of town schedule and like to arrange my schedule with my boxes for pickup but this isn't gonna work out. Thank you for the response.

I also think Starlooks should have more interaction with customers. Maybe do a look book of customers with makeup on Facebook tell people to try a look and send a picture etc. I feel like they are becoming very faded in my mind. I really have no reason to ever go look at the Facebook anymore as there is nothing going on. Jmo.
I mentioned that I enjoyed one of their products and they told me to send pictures. I never did, but that's just my self-conscious hatred of pictures. So I'm not sure it's for lack of trying.

Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used the promo code and I order a lipstick from them two weeks before that everything just shipped out. I'm not happy at all...it should not take a month to ship something out. 
SubJunkie, we sincerely apologize for this mishap. This is not normal. Our shipping department experienced an influx of Starbox December shipments, and as a result, your item may have gone out around the same time. If this ever happens again, to anyone, please feel free to contact me personally to ask about the status of your item. I will personally handle your shipment with concern and care (even though I am not the shipping department ;-). I try to be as involved as I possibly can, and I personally believe that our separate orders are a huge priority- the Starbox allows you to try our items being a new brand! Of course the goal is for you to want to try other things, and we NEED to get these things to you in a timely fashion. Thank you for your patience while we grow ;-).

Note: All items have an expected shipping, handling and delivery time of 3 - 10 business days. Unless another shipping method is selected.

Marci Star

Starlooks, LLC.

[email protected]

That is crazy that they would take so long to send these items out. I did get confirmation that mine has been shipped. I don't think I will be ordering again due to this. I have a very busy out of town schedule and like to arrange my schedule with my boxes for pickup but this isn't gonna work out. Thank you for the response.

I also think Starlooks should have more interaction with customers. Maybe do a look book of customers with makeup on Facebook tell people to try a look and send a picture etc. I feel like they are becoming very faded in my mind. I really have no reason to ever go look at the Facebook anymore as there is nothing going on. Jmo.
Dior, you're absolutely right. This is crazy. As a valued reviewer, we are taking this statement as an opportunity to work on our methods. Thank you and everyone else for bringing this to light!

I also love this idea of having customers interact more. I am more than excited to execute this idea! Although we do request photos all the time from customers, there are many who don't respond.. Please email [email protected] with a picture of your gorgeous face in our products, and we will start featuring this in a fantastic way for all of you! Trust us, we WANT to interact with you more. xoxoxo

Marci

Hello everyone! I am so excited to check back to MUT and see all of your comments and feedback! You are all what keep us alive as a company, and we're still working daily to become an incredibly efficient machine. In the meantime, given the influx of Starbox shipments, a HUGE office move, a really, REALLY dumb glitch in our $1700 Final Cut Pro (and my personal health ;-), and you wonderful fans showering our inboxes with holiday emails, we managed to pull this together for you.

Here it is finally,

"NOVEMBER Why, Marci?"

I really hope you enjoy this one, and sorry it's so late. I hope this helps in your efforts to enhance your beauty, and enjoy your holiday products from Starlooks this year. Definitely watch all the way through and enjoy the end. You won't wanna miss this laugh for the day!

Many Warm Wishes from myself and my staff. xoxoxoxoxo

Marci

Starlooks, LLC.

Originally Posted by marcistarlooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SubJunkie, we sincerely apologize for this mishap. This is not normal. Our shipping department experienced an influx of Starbox December shipments, and as a result, your item may have gone out around the same time. If this ever happens again, to anyone, please feel free to contact me personally to ask about the status of your item. I will personally handle your shipment with concern and care (even though I am not the shipping department ;-). I try to be as involved as I possibly can, and I personally believe that our separate orders are a huge priority- the Starbox allows you to try our items being a new brand! Of course the goal is for you to want to try other things, and we NEED to get these things to you in a timely fashion. Thank you for your patience while we grow ;-).

Note: All items have an expected shipping, handling and delivery time of 3 - 10 business days. Unless another shipping method is selected.

Marci Star

Starlooks, LLC.

[email protected]
Thanks for getting back to me Marci :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, I'll try to be more patient I'm working on that lol. I'm sure that I'll love my products when they come!

Here are some quick, primerless swatches of my palette, i10A.

Swatches are starting with the green and going to the purples, in order. My favorites are the greens, yellows, and blues! It's hard to see the lightest greens, blues, and purples in the picture, but in actuality they are among the most pigmented with the most shimmer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sorry for the crappy photo quality, the light sucks in my room and I had to use my phone because I can't find my camera.

​
Over bare skin the shadows are pale but over primer it pops. My palette is i07A.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Mattes are not as easy to work with as the shimmers were. The shimmers are creamy and swatched well, mattes... mattes and I don't get alone at all.

Agreed...I find all mattes hard to work with. Though the bright yellow matte shade in my palette was surprisingly pigmented!

And I have found all of these shadows nice on the eyes...I think they look better on the eyes than swatched, personally. 

Haha I just watched the Starlooks nov video I def got a good laugh out of it. I think it's so funny because when I make videos I always have no idea what I'm talking about any longer? Like huh???? It's funny when you know the products like crazy and freeze. It was a fun video to watch I can't wait to see Decembers! Marci maybe in your videos you can give us the look to try and share the photo! I always like to try new things! I def got my eyeliner look from your boxes in the beginning it was awesome !

I should know better than to look at a thread like this; it just creates lemmings. The eye shadows look so pretty!

You gals make me feel good about myself! I thought my stash was getting too big at three blushes, seven lipsticks and two quad eyeshadow palettes. I clearly need to buy more to catch up.
Oh, dear. I have more than that just in my purse. It's a progressive disease, lol.

Latest posts

Back