Depotting MAC e/s instructions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this really works! I tried it last night and it was easy! but a little smelly.. the fumes..

Originally Posted by Annia Wow this really works! I tried it last night and it was easy! but a little smelly.. the fumes.. Make sure that you depot the shadows in a well ventilated room.

I was wondering how to do that. I was curious once and I tried depotting one of my shadows and it started to crumble so I stopped before I ruined the whole thing. I must say though that is a lot of work to depot a shadow. It's much easier if you prefer it that way to just buy them that way at the mac store they already have the magnets on them. I personally prefer the pots because I look at them as individuals and feel that I am more creative with using the colors in different combinations. Also, I find with the palettes the shadows are messier and I am a neat gal who would rather spend my time doing other things then depotting shadows.

it all was very interesting
smile.gif

thanx

Folks, I'm really confused. Are you all talking about buying an empty holder palette and then putting your own eyeshadows into it?

Sorry for being so clueless!

yay! well i didnt want to put holes in mine so i used a candle warmer, it getts hot enough , but just take too darn long, and i cracked my e/s tryin to pry it out easily, so i went for the candle method and it worked PERFECTLY , even thou there is a hole , it worked better then the candle warmer. i used my trax e/s only cuz its not my fav e/s so hurting it a tad , wasnt gonna make me cry. lol the only thing i wanna know , is how you get the darn label off the bottom of the pot???????? i put it on my candle wamer, so it wouldnt burn but it did nothing!

Originally Posted by rlise /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol the only thing i wanna know , is how you get the darn label off the bottom of the pot???????? i put it on my candle wamer, so it wouldnt burn but it did nothing! I usually run my lighter slighty over it until the glue starts melting and part of the label starts to come off. then I just peel it off.

To view links in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. Your post count is 4

redsealed.gif

I tired both the candle techniques.: 1st heating then using the exacto knife to pull out..this broke 3 out of 5 shadows on me
frown.gif
so then I tried the technique of holding over the candle until it gets soft in the center and using a pen to push out and using the knife to just help it on its way out. This technique did not brake apart one shadow.

Back