• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do the drugstore.com/beauty.com dollars work, exactly? Every time I place an order it tells me how much I'm earning, but I couldn't figure out where to see my total earned. Or how to redeem them. 

They sent me an email when my dollars were eligible to be cashed out (and then like eight more reminder emails). The dollars showed up as a credit/discount whenever I had something in my shopping cart.

If I remember correctly, they give you a month to cash out all your drugstore dollars earned the previous quarter. For example, I had all of April to redeem the dollars I earned in Jan/Feb/Mar. And I should be able to redeem Apr/May/Jun dollars during the month of July. Obviously double-check that, but my point is that they make it really easy and automatic to redeem your dollars.

They sent me an email when my dollars were eligible to be cashed out (and then like eight more reminder emails). The dollars showed up as a credit/discount whenever I had something in my shopping cart.

If I remember correctly, they give you a month to cash out all your drugstore dollars earned the previous quarter. For example, I had all of April to redeem the dollars I earned in Jan/Feb/Mar. And I should be able to redeem Apr/May/Jun dollars during the month of July. Obviously double-check that, but my point is that they make it really easy and automatic to redeem your dollars.
Awesome, thank you!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Today's Beauty.com GWP is By Terry Baume de Rose deluxe sample with any $25+ purchase. 

Will post the image in a sec!

Bummer, I was hoping for another $10 one!

Edit..uhh nevermind my work computer is being wonky. If someone else can post the picture/link that would be fabulous, otherwise I'll post when I get home!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw the locked button on the other thread I panicked! Plus, MUT was down for me earlier today, anyone else?

I am playing cart tetris with my Shiro Cosmetics order! TheFourth gets you 15% off! If you spent $15 pre shipping, you get a the free anniversary color (it's this). I have tons of samples, a full size blush, plus a BLUE BLUSH y'all! Now debating if I want a Hunger Games themed shadow (answer is yes, duh.)
Why did you show me this website? I NEED Nic Cage Nibbling Petit Fours in a Posh Victorian Tearoom like nothing I've ever needed before.

Love Shiro's stuff! I can't partake in the sale right now (spent way too much this past month), but I purchased 35 samples of her eyeshadows a few months ago. I ended up pressing them, and I love them! So many sparkles! 
Do the samples last a while? I was afraid I'd go through them too quickly!

You have to create an account first! Then when you are in your cart, on the right hand side, there should be a promo code area. Lemme go grab a screen shot and I'll edit my post. 
Thank you so much! I figured it out and only ended up spending around $20 for what feels like lots of things! I hope I will like it all.

WHY OH WHY DID I GO TO SHIRO's PAGE?! I want so many things, and I am on a super low-buy  :blink2:
I know right??? I ended up getting MANY of the little samples... I hope they will each last me for more than one use.

Do the samples last a while? I was afraid I'd go through them too quickly!
I pulled the trigger on them but I am also really wondering this... I found it really hard to estimate how long they might last but I decided I'd rather try more colors even if they didn't stretch very far.

beauty.com's GWPs have been super glitchy for me today. I was trying to redeem a $10 off $40 and my monthly drugstore dollars, and take advantage of some GWPs that can be combined with other offers. The Phyto $40 GWP would only get triggered if I added multiples of one Phyto product. It wouldn't work if I wanted to spend $40 on two different Phyto products. And The Body Shop's $20 GWP wasn't triggered by the $20 lotion I wanted to buy, unless I bought two of them. It was frustrating enough that I decided to just forfeit the coupons and save my money.

And by "save my money" I mean "oh well I'd decided to spend $25 anyway so this is a good time to try out BeautyDNA."
Beauty.com has good GWPs but they are AWFUL at showing up in the cart and staying there. Of the 3 or so GWPs I've gotten from Beauty.com, every. single. time. I have had to call CS and get them to apply it. It always jumps out of the cart at checkout or gets lost when I put something in the basket. It's really crazy. 

I've got a 20% off a Tarte online order code if someone wants it. I got it for signing up for their newsletter on a new email and it's good until May 23.  PM me if you want it! 

14wk35_bb_BYTERRY_1a.jpg

Hoping one of these links works:

http://www.beauty.com/fragrance/qxg12872-0?aid=281294&aparam=14wk35bbTERRY

http://f.e.drugstore.com/i/20/460988031/14wk35_bb_BYTERRY_1a.jpg

So Glossybox's may box is a Bergdorf Goodman box, including a $25 gift card. So for $21 you can also get $25 to spend in store or online. Everything ships free (like Nordstrom) and they have a great make up /beauty department. Spoilers for the box are on my blog (two of the variations). And once you sub you can purchase a "gift"  box for $15! I'm getting 3 ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*don't forget ebates! 

The glossybox offer is very temping, especially if the beautyblender promo is still active... I'm going to pass over it though because I think it would be a "stress" purchase. I'm fostering a 7 year old dog who is getting his leg amputated today and I'm a nervous wreck. Shopping would be a great way to get my mind off of it, but probably not the wisest coping mechanism. Now if that beauty.com GWP was $10 instead of $25 it may have been a different story. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my too faced chocolate bar from that HSN deal. It smells soooooo good! And I love that the one I got is in a new, slimmer packaging.

The glossybox offer is very temping, especially if the beautyblender promo is still active... I'm going to pass over it though because I think it would be a "stress" purchase. I'm fostering a 7 year old dog who is getting his leg amputated today and I'm a nervous wreck. Shopping would be a great way to get my mind off of it, but probably not the wisest coping mechanism. Now if that beauty.com GWP was $10 instead of $25 it may have been a different story. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Big slobbery puppy kisses!  :wub:

I just got my too faced chocolate bar from that HSN deal. It smells soooooo good! And I love that the one I got is in a new, slimmer packaging.
Oooh pictures?  I'd love to see the slimmer packaging.  Not that I need a second one of these palettes.

Aww puppy.  Best wishes to him and his surgery- and good on you for being a foster home :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I thought about it (although I'd really just like a furbaby of my own..) but I think I'm gonna have to wait until after grad school and have a job again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Someone tell me to step AWAY from the Shiro site.  I asked for indies for the Midsummer Swap.  But the whole Seven Kingdoms collection.  And I'm on a super low buy.

Edit: omg.  They have a Moon Prism Power eyeshadow.  And a Hunger Games collection.  All my favorite fandoms. And an internet collection.  Jesus Christ.

Someone tell me to step AWAY from the Shiro site.  I asked for indies for the Midsummer Swap.  But the whole Seven Kingdoms collection.  And I'm on a super low buy.
If you tell me to step away..I'll tell you to step away  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This summer santa thing is actually really good for my low buy.. I'm making my list today and then NOT buying anything off of that list! (Well, that's the plan at least)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back