• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea! Just got my Coastal Scents brush set and it's amazing! So soft and the quality is nice! 

IMG_20140501_122713.jpg

IMG_20140501_130338.jpg

YAY for brushes! I love brush sets. I like having options, same reason I collect makeup lol. I started organizing my counter last night and gave up. I have no idea what I'll do with all these palettes. That's my big dilemma right now. I had wanted a set of clear acrylic wall pockets but  I can't find ones I want and I'm not sure I want to hang something on the wall.

So I ordered some Shiro samples about 2 weeks ago to see if I liked the colors and to decide what I wanted to get from the sale. The sample baggies look really small but I think there's enough product in there to do at least 3 looks, if not more.  I mainly use them as shadow liners so I can't really tell.  A little goes a long way with her shadows and they are insanely pigmented.  I bought a bunch of 5g sifter jars and transferred the powder into them - 1 baggie fills up ~ 1/3 of the jar.  She also had a handwritten "Thank you Tamarin" on my receipt when I opened my package.  I ordered a bunch more stuff today  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you're on the fence and you can spare $10-15, I would suggest getting a bunch of the sample baggies.  She doesn't have sales very often, from what I've read.  Code "thefourth" will take 15% off all orders, and orders $15 or more will get a bonus full size "may the fourth be with you" (as posted earlier).  Shipping is also pretty cheap - I had a bunch of samples and 1 full size jar and it was $2.75.  Just note that for the swatches on the site, they are done over a sticky base (pixie epoxy, glitter glue, etc) so to get the same look use a similar base or apply wet.

I just pulled the trigger on a Beauty.com order to get the By Terry GWP. 

Qty Product Price

1 BY TERRY Baume de Rose, Complimentary Gift with Purchase - .1 oz $0.0
1 BY TERRY Quilted Pouch in PINK , Complimentary Gift with Purchase - 1 ea $8.00
1 Sibu Beauty Clarifying Toner, Complimentary Sample Packette - 1 ea $0.00
1 GlamGlow SUPER-MUD Clearing Treatment, Complimentary Sample Packette - 2.2 g $0.00
1 Dr.Hauschka Skin Care Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream, Complimentary Sample Packette - 1 ea $0.00
1 Lipstick Queen Chinatown Glossy Pencil, Mystery - .25 oz $22.00
1 LAQA & CO. Polish Remover Pads - 32 Pads $5.95
1 Lollia In Love Little Luxe Eau de Parfum, Taupe - 1 ea $9.00

item total: $44.95
standard shipping: FREE
tax: $0.00
discounts & credits: -$8.00
order total: $36.95

I'm actually getting both By Terry GWPs because the CS rep initially added the wrong one (hence the $8 pouch and $8 discount).

Yea! Just got my Coastal Scents brush set and it's amazing! So soft and the quality is nice! 
Ok idk why the pics didn't appear when I quoted you but I saw the first one and thought you had gotten your ipsy REALLY early this month.

@@rachelshine I think the fan brush is for highlighter...? I will have fun trying to figure it out!

@@tweakabell Have you tried the letter holders? They make it easy to see and you can pick them up for just a few bucks. I tried to include a photo, but got error message...You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

@@Tamarin HUGE Ipsy!! I'm normally throw out my trash as soon as it comes in (no need to provoke the hubby) but this mailer is awesome. I've gotta use it again!

*Oh has anyone else found the search feature sucks?? I typed in Ipsy to share this on Aprils or Mays page and got a ton of other threads, but no Ipsy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two letter holder types that are full right now. My other though is one of those shelves that gang from your closet bar but I think that'll be overkill

Ohhhh so many palettes!!!

Yes I have a lot and I'm not sure if all of it made it out of storage from the move. Anything that's not a powder that didn't make it into the house will be a loss in the Cali sun in a storage unit though <_<

@@Tamarin where did you buy your 5g jars? I am just getting into indies and have so many sample baggies coming my way that I am definitely looking to transfer them into something better! 

Do the samples last a while? I was afraid I'd go through them too quickly!
I pressed them, and they fill up a 26 mm pan- so basically almost a regular shadow! I think she recently decreased the size of the samples a little bit, but you will definitely get many uses out of them!

Kate Sommerville Free Samples! *I think you have to like her FB page to get this* I ended up getting the Acne/Oil Sample pack. There is also an Anti Aging and Sun/Tanning pack. Each sample pack comes with 3 samples. 
Yea! Thanks free samples rock!

Question for those that got the Origins deal - got my first shipping confirmation, everything's good, will be here tomorrow.

But my second order - when I look at the pictures of the products, looks fine. But the descriptions - where the Ginzing sample pic is, the description says "Plantscriptions Anti-Aging", and next to the Make A Difference it says "Plantscriptions Anti-Aging SPF 25"

Anyone else have a problem like this? I don't like anti aging stuff and I didn't choose it! Are they known for subbing samples?

ETA: pic
Update - live chatted online with a rep, and she confirmed Plantscriptions items were being sent. She cancelled that order and asked me to call in to replace It in the system. Called in, that rep re-entered the order, one of my choices (make a difference) was no longer available so she added the Ginzing eye cream instead. Then she added free OVERNIGHT shipping. But then she couldn't add the Ginzing moisturizer with the overnight code, so she's sending a different package (regular shipping) with the Ginzing AND the Make A Difference. So now I get an extra sample!

VERY impressed with their customer service!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back