• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone tell me to step AWAY from the Shiro site.  I asked for indies for the Midsummer Swap.  But the whole Seven Kingdoms collection.  And I'm on a super low buy.
Stay away!!! Your fairy will undoubtedly shower you with all the indie goodness you will ever need until your head explodes! And money is good to have! Money to spend on other things! 

Of course I started my no buy after midnight last night by making a purchase from them so I'm one to talk...

If you tell me to step away..I'll tell you to step away  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This summer santa thing is actually really good for my low buy.. I'm making my list today and then NOT buying anything off of that list! (Well, that's the plan at least)

Stay away!!! Your fairy will undoubtedly shower you with all the indie goodness you will ever need until your head explodes! And money is good to have! Money to spend on other things! 

Of course I started my no buy after midnight last night by making a purchase from them so I'm one to talk...
I'm staying away! (well, I'm not going to pull the trigger on my imaginary cart)  And I think the Summer Swap will be good for me too- I'm not going to buy anything on that list (well, maybe one thing and I know it's WAY out of the price range but I put it on there because I'm into that color scheme.  UD Electric palette, one day.. you and I will be together).  Need to save my money to spoil my girl rotten and AND I just bought myself a rowing machine.  Should not buy anything else!  I like having money!

Someone tell me to step AWAY from the Shiro site.  I asked for indies for the Midsummer Swap.  But the whole Seven Kingdoms collection.  And I'm on a super low buy.

Edit: omg.  They have a Moon Prism Power eyeshadow.  And a Hunger Games collection.  All my favorite fandoms. And an internet collection.  Jesus Christ.
Shiro is awesome! I ordered a bunch from the Zelda collection and even though I think loose shadow is a PITA I really love these. If you're a redditor /r/indiemakeupandmore is a great place to find swatches. I have been wanting to try her custom lip glosses, which are made with your choice of shadow or blush color. So cool!

edit: Oops that didn't really help you stay away. Haha. Well it's an enablers thread what do you expect ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiro is awesome! I ordered a bunch from the Zelda collection and even though I think loose shadow is a PITA I really love these. If you're a redditor /r/indiemakeupandmore is a great place to find swatches. I have been wanting to try her custom lip glosses, which are made with your choice of shadow or blush color. So cool!

edit: Oops that didn't really help you stay away. Haha. Well it's an enablers thread what do you expect ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm subbed to /r/indiemakeupandmore and I just lust over those swatches all the time.  It's problematic.  The swatches are so overwhelming though that I never know what to buy- so I asked for them on my Midsummer Swap list hoping that someone else will make those decisions for me!  And I should learn to never come to the enabler thread to get discouraged to buy things!  I'm on the no-buy support thread too!

I'm staying away! (well, I'm not going to pull the trigger on my imaginary cart)  And I think the Summer Swap will be good for me too- I'm not going to buy anything on that list (well, maybe one thing and I know it's WAY out of the price range but I put it on there because I'm into that color scheme.  UD Electric palette, one day.. you and I will be together).  Need to save my money to spoil my girl rotten and AND I just bought myself a rowing machine.  Should not buy anything else!  I like having money!
Way jealous of your rowing machine!

Have been contemplating purchasing an elliptical because I LOVE it but loathe going to the gym so much!

Way jealous of your rowing machine!

Have been contemplating purchasing an elliptical because I LOVE it but loathe going to the gym so much!
This is why I bought the rowing machine!  I'm not a fan of the gym.. I essentially go, and sneak into the yoga classes, and then sneak out.  I'm joining a yoga studio.  I think I will fit in more!  Haha.  I called my stepmom last night, who's a total gym rat, and I was like "help.  do I buy the rowing machine?" and she was like "it's $80.  You have the cash now, buy it- and then don't join a gym.  You don't like the gym and they're expensive.  You're saving money.  And maybe if you get good you can join a rowing club since you're ON LAKE MICHIGAN."  So, yeah.. if you want me to enable you to buy an elliptical, if you love the machine, it's worth the money.  You're one step ahead of the game. The other thing for me, is the rowing machine is pick up and put away-able, so I can't use it to store things on (like clothing somehow is magically attracted to treadmills..), and will inevitably get more use because it won't be loaded up with crap all the time.  Stepmom said that loving the machine and hating the gym is the number one reason to buy workout machines.  "Wanting to get in shape" is the worst reason, because treadmills and clothing magnetism ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my too faced chocolate bar from that HSN deal. It smells soooooo good! And I love that the one I got is in a new, slimmer packaging.
I managed to pass on that...but I was in Ulta yesterday and smelled it and now I wish I had gotten it! It smells amazing! But it's no longer on HSN, and I can't bring myself to spend $50 on something when I could have spent $30 (especially as I'm supposed to be on a low-buy...). Anyway, enjoy it! 

I managed to pass on that...but I was in Ulta yesterday and smelled it and now I wish I had gotten it! It smells amazing! But it's no longer on HSN, and I can't bring myself to spend $50 on something when I could have spent $30 (especially as I'm supposed to be on a low-buy...). Anyway, enjoy it! 
I'm sure the deal will come back soon. I got it the second time around. Hopefully you won't be on a low buy when the deal comes back!  :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am looking for a nice light pink lipstick for the spring/ summer something with maybe a little shimmer or frost anyone have any recommendations ?

Question for those that got the Origins deal - got my first shipping confirmation, everything's good, will be here tomorrow.

But my second order - when I look at the pictures of the products, looks fine. But the descriptions - where the Ginzing sample pic is, the description says "Plantscriptions Anti-Aging", and next to the Make A Difference it says "Plantscriptions Anti-Aging SPF 25"

Anyone else have a problem like this? I don't like anti aging stuff and I didn't choose it! Are they known for subbing samples?

ETA: pic

So Glossybox's may box is a Bergdorf Goodman box, including a $25 gift card. So for $21 you can also get $25 to spend in store or online. Everything ships free (like Nordstrom) and they have a great make up /beauty department. Spoilers for the box are on my blog (two of the variations). And once you sub you can purchase a "gift"  box for $15! I'm getting 3 ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*don't forget ebates! 
BONUS & SHINE are both expired. Anyone know of any other Glossybox promo codes?

@ I def got a sample of that!! Like I couldn't stop myself. 

@@elizabethrose @ I started with a cart full, like $60+ and some how, by the grace of God, ended up only spending $22!

@@zuribabyyy @@tulosai her sample sizes are quite generous from what I hear. 1/8 tsp is a good amount and will last you more than 1 use for sure. I think I've even heard of people pressing some of her sample sizes! 

Oh god the r/indiemakeup + this thread will be the death of me I think! 

BONUS & SHINE are both expired. Anyone know of any other Glossybox promo codes?
All the codes I could find had expired. I did use ebates and purchsed additional gift boxes for $15.

Even with out a code you pay $21 ($17.75 with ebates) and you get 6 deluxe products "picked" by Bergdorf Goodman and a $25 giftcard to use online. BG is like Nordstroms with a great beauty department and free shipping on everything. So you are kinda being paid to get a box with an additional $4 free dollars to spend at BG. And if you do a gift box, same thing but you get $ 10 in free BG spending...Yes, this is the conversation I had with myself  :blink: I can talk myself into anything.

All the codes I could find had expired. I did use ebates and purchsed additional gift boxes for $15.

Even with out a code you pay $21 ($17.75 with ebates) and you get 6 deluxe products "picked" by Bergdorf Goodman and a $25 giftcard to use online. BG is like Nordstroms with a great beauty department and free shipping on everything. So you are kinda being paid to get a box with an additional $4 free dollars to spend at BG. And if you do a gift box, same thing but you get $ 10 in free BG spending...Yes, this is the conversation I had with myself  :blink: I can talk myself into anything.
I live in NYC so I'm very familiar with Bergdorf's, it's actually much higher end than Nordies, I'd say. I agree it's still worth it, just would have been even more worth it with one of the bonuses!

Bergdorf is more like saks fifth ave. I would  say its  fancier than nordstoms.

I don't think we have BG in So Cal, but I did shop there when I was in New York. They might have one in San Fran...

Like neiman marcus  maybe too... I never been in that store though  .  I have been in the others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back