Expensive Jewelery?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is condensed list of what I have and I won't go into details and, they are not in any particular order, i.e. $$ ...

South Sea Pearls (black, white and gold)

Regular cultured saltwater pearls, freshwater pearls

Diamonds (white and canary; teal diamonds but tiny - as accents in a pendant)

2 sets of Rubies & Diamonds

Sapphires (all colors)

22K pieces and 24K pieces

Imperial Jade/diamond pendant, bangle, earrings

Watches - won't even bother to go into detail

I think that's enough for now. Yes, they are all covered under my insurance. My mother's wedding set and blue diamond earrings are of the most valuable to me (sentimental). I have already passed on the blue diamond studs (app. 0.25 carat each) to one of my nieces.

I go to India once in a year since my mom is an Indian...so last time when I went my mom bought me a Blue Sapphire Necklace with ring and bracelet worth $2800 in 22 carat gold and my hubby bought me a Heavy Gold Necklace worth $2300 in 22carat gold and this time I am leaving in June and have planned to get a Diamond Necklace :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i have nothing fancy (maybe i should go to india?)

two gold rings

thousands of highschool old silfer stuff

rings from my grandma that are too big

rings from my godmother that are too big

earrings pearls

earrings silfer

cant wear earrings(for more than half a day), except plastic ones, i am allergic

one necklace from thailand

Mintesa - nothing wrong with you have at all - as long as they have value to you, that's all that matters. You can get the rings from your grandma and godmother sized to fit you. The key will be to find a great/honest jeweler.

Pearls earrings are always beautiful and elegant.

Are you allergic to the nickel in the jewelry, maybe? I know one of my nieces has an allergy to nickel so she has to be very careful about earrings especially.

Here is the larger of my Ruby sets in case some of you were wondering if I'm telling the truth. I put the quarter there so you can have an idea of the size. All that I have will go to my nieces, nephews, friends and their children so all that I have has at least some intrinsic value.

Oye - Jenny - the watches: Omega, Baume Mercier, Cartier (tank watch - wish my hand was large enough to wear a Pasha - no such luck), an old Gucci which I never wear and a gold Movado. My next watch will definitely be the Chopard Happy Sport. :wacko:

yes i am allergic to nickel. the pearl ones are titanium. but i cant have them on longer than a day either. plastic ones always work though. but they go off so easy and loose them all the time. well all that matters is that my earholes dont close until i have to wear earrings for going out :satisfied:

oh i had a tag heuer. but now i have to save money for another one. dont even ask how i ruined mine. i like them, they are good swimmer watches. now i always have to stare like a blind person to read the time, which is meters away, when swimming.... oh stupid me. and it was a gift from my dad. :scared:

Mel - I had no idea you had an allergy to nickel. Thank goodness I don't. That would be like me having an allergy to seafood.

Mintesa - Tag Heuer watches are great and can take a beating. Do you have a local dealer for Tag? Maybe you can do a search for the website to find one near you than can repair the watch for you, especially since it was gift from your Dad.

Gorgeous Rosie - absolutely gorgeous!!!:clap :clap :clap

As the song goes, "a kiss on the hand may be quite continental, but diamonds (and rubies and sapphires, oh my!) are a girl's best friend!" :laughno:

We both work near the district which can be so bad. I don't go in there though - go directly my jeweler which is worse.

The last time I was officially in the Diamond District, I had to go pick up my friend's right which he picked out for his fiance and I was not happy about walking around with the ring as I was mortified that I was going to lose it. I did get it to him safely that evening in time for him to propose.

Speaking of metal allergies...I used to be able to wear 14k gold earrings. Then my husband gave me 18k. Now when I wear 14k, my ears turn a little red. Very weird. The higher the karat, the more purer the gold. Meanwhile I really do love, love, love to wear the funky, costume jewelry earrings you see at Express Stores but I can't wear them for long since my ears turn red too.

Re: Tag Heuer watches are one of my favorite. I got my husband one many years ago. I'm itching to get MYSELF one now. They're sporty watches but in a dressy way.

Charms - to be honest with you, the ones with the sentimental value are often the best. As you get older, your taste will probably change dramatically. I won't even count the silver pieces I have. Right now, I am all about pearls and I can't have enough of those - Yikes!

But you must wear what you have - don't save them as tomorrow might never come.

LOL - luckily its jewelry & not clothes or makeup. I can not indulge in jewelry the way I do clothes or makeup. Its the only block I can walk down and not be tempted to go inside. :laughing:

Rosie is right Charmaine. I'm always saying to myself oh I won't wear this every day but the fact is, you/we should wear it now. Don't wait. When I croak, I can't take it with me. I might as well wear it now.

Marie - you have plenty of time ... but yes, wear them we can't take them with us.

At a certain point, I will give all my stuff away so people can enjoy them.

Don't go there with the clothes and shoes because I do plenty of damage there - trust me.

BTW - the Tag watches are great but because my hands/wrists are so tiny, I am careful with what I wear otherwise I would go bonkers.

I just did some major damage at the Ferragamo store on 5th Ave. :wacko: My poor mother is rolling her eyes in heaven at me.

w:eek: w rosie! what a beautiful set of rubys! and your watch collection is amazing!!!! i love cartier watches and rolex to of coarse i dont own any but one day i will! i can imagine what your collection looks like!

Back