Expensive Jewelery?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Laura - it is a gorgeous set but aside from the $ and intrinsic value, they do have special meaning for me as my brother (who passed away) had given them to me. He spoiled me rotten - hey but I'm worth it :whistling: . Well, Fred thinks so anyway.

Now that you mention it yes, I remember Leila getting some beautiful rubies from Rob for Valentine's Day. Leila - hope you are enjoying them - post a pic for us - would love to see you enjoying them. :clap

great collections, everyone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my mom has a lot of jewelry. albanians are very big on jewelry, like indians (mentioned in this thread). usually when you get married, you're COVERED in them! everyone brings it for you. i asked my mom why she's kept it. if she needs the money, she should sell it, but she said she didn't want to because she wants to give it to my sisters and i when she grows old. there's one bracelet in particular that she has that i LOVE and i'll take a pic of it as soon as she wakes up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

when i was in croatia or just whenever i go to europe, my relatives always insist on buying me jewelry before i leave. i'm like, buy me something, else, like a car LOL

Same in Turkey, When people get married, engaged, babies born, or had certain cultural ceremonies they get lots of jewelry and gold money! My relatives gave gold jewelry for my daughter even when we were on vacation last summer.

yeah, same here! anytime it's a happy occassion, basically, we give jewelry LOL i guess it's a very european thing?

Help!!!OK how to add photos I dont find anything that tells to select photos directly from our computer!

Oh thanks Jenny!

I have attached my jewels photos...I am not sure whether u guys will like since it more of Indian type...both of them were bought in India

First is the Blue Sapphire set with Neckalce,earrings,bracelet and ring in 22carat gold worth $2800.

Second is the Gold Jewel set with Necklace,earrings...they are also studded with Kundan stones and Garnet beads in 22 carat gold worth $2300.

I'm drooling on my keyboard here.... :w00t: :icon_love :smilehappyyes:

gorgeous, SO GORGEOUS !!!

Jennifer, just for the jewelry I would be a bride :wassatt: . LOL. Enjoy them when they are handed down as they don't make them like the used to.

I think it's a strange tradition:wassatt:, it's like somehow showing hwat you've got, so I guess that's why I never my jewellery, I just feel uncomfortable wearing them.

Ron, those are beautiful jewellry, do show some pics of you wearing them:satisfied:...

I'm more into watches that jewellery. My mom was going to buy me a Longiness for my birthday last year, but I didn't want her too:wassatt:, since I wanted to buy it myself, how nuts am I:wacko:???

No, it isn't I think it is more in the countries that was under Ottoman Empire.

Eee! This is fun to do an inventory of my "jewels"...Here's what I have...

*2 carat round-cut three-stone diamond engagement ring

*1/2 carat wedding band--three stones with baguettes

*1/2 princess-cut diamond studs--wear them every day, and can't wait to upgrade to 1 carat, but right now I'm paying off Louis Vuitton Popincourt Haut bag I just had to have!!

*Platinum ring with 1 carat pink sapphire center stone, and 1/4 carat white diamonds on each side (it reminded me of the infamous JLo/Ben Affleck engagement ring--an impulse purchase I never wear anymore, but I'm saving it in case I ever have a daughter!)

*1/2 carat round diamond pendant (sentimental value--it was the diamond from my mom's engagement ring when she married my dad)

*1/2 carat three-stone necklace (my college graduation present)

*1 carat amethyst necklace (two Christmas's ago)

*1 carat emerald necklace (this past Christmas; I asked for a peridot, my husband couldn't find one he felt was "good enough"!)

*Heart-shaped princess-cut ruby necklace with diamond accent trim

*Three-stone tanzanite necklace (two Valentine's Days ago)

*1/2 carat pave-set heart necklace (this Valentine's Day)

*1 carat pink sapphire heart-shaped necklace with 1/4 carat diamonds (I loooooooove this one!)

*Invisible strand necklace with a blend of pink, black and ivory pearls

*Traditional strand of ivory pearls with matching bracelet and necklace

Yikes, I guess that's kind of a lot--and it's just what I wear on a regular basis! :laughno: I sold a ton of stuff too--gifts from exes and stuff like that, and I have other stuff that I don't count because I never wear it and have it tucked away somewhere! It's a good investment, right? I can pass it on someday! hehe

Have a happy day!

Jen

Actually I dont own one...I borrow it from my bro sometimes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...even that pic was not taken today I took those when I bought it!!!

Latest posts

Back