Expensive Jewelery?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jenny - they are very nice!! Jenny - believe it or not, I'm not fond of the Rolex on me because of the size of my wrist/hand. My all time favorite watch is the Piaget Dancer but it costs bookoo bucks for the one I want -it figures.

you have good taste in watches! my hand is big so the ladies rolex looks to small i need a mens! hehe

i can imagine melissa! i never liked jewlery be4 intil i got with my b/f and he bought me some now i love it lol but i still like costume jewlery :icon_smil

Speaking of watches... I have an old Cartier Tank watch with a leather strap that my ex-husband had given me. I remember once I tried to sell it and the store was only going to give me $200. for it. I decided to keep it. I don't wear it - not because I don't like it - but because my ex gave it to me. (silly?) My husband doesn't care if I wear it or not. I've let the battery die and I keep replacing it and then putting it back in storage. I still have the box and info card that came with the watch. I really don't know what the best thing to do with it would be. Try and sell it again (but to where?), or put it up on Ebay? (for how much?). I'd really like to put the re-sale price of it towards a Tag....I just don't know what to do with it after all these years.

Are you crazy to sell it? I wouldn't. Get the leather strap changed to the stainless steel strap and the battery changed and wear it every day. Your husband must know some in the district who can change the band.

The Tag you can always get. You hubby must have contacts that can get watches for you at good prices.

I never thought about changing it to a stainless steel - that's a good idea...I may just do that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Actually he doesn't have watch contacts....but that's a long term wish of mine (the Tag)...like a hint for him for when we hit the 10 year mark ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :laughno:

Jenny - I'm with you but knowing Melissa - she wanted her hubby to spend it on the family which is also a very wise choice.

Diamond studs are like a pair of pearl studs in a woman's jewelry wardrobe - a staple that will go with everything.

Melissa - you did deserve those earrings though.

I have a nice collection of jewelry, I have to take a picture of them and post tomorrow after I come back from Denver. (just a short trip) Rosie, you know how jewelry is awesome in Turkey so growing up there didn't help my bugdet at all when I became an adult. I bought them over time but I guess never learnt to say enough.... I sometimes wish I didn't spend so much money on jewelry but I know my daughter will enjoy them when they pass to her. I love your jewelry collection btw!

i have so much jewlery...the most expensive one is my engagement ring which is 25K.

I have Tiffany and Cartier necklaces, Tahitian Black pearl necklace, earrlings and ring, a few Movados, sapphire and diamond necklace, earrings and ring sets and god only knows what else. Sapphire is my birthstone, so i have a ton of of them.

I don't have much, I think 3 or 4 diamond & sapphire rings from my ex, they're around here somewhere, I never pull them out. I had an awful lot of expensive bracelets from India, and a lot of very tiny ones from when I was a little girl and Dad would come home with them for me, really sentimental stuff. Years ago tho my condo got broken into, all jewelery was taken ... except of course those diamond/sapphire rings I was wearing that day from the ex. I have no use for them, I keep thinking I should get them made into a necklace or sell them or something

25K engagement ring Ella - WHOA !!!

Those rubies are GORGEOUS Rosie! Love them..

Mel, yup i think Rob surprised Leila for Valentines Day IIRC.

Nilufer - don't remind me of the jewelry in Turkey. :wassatt: I came back from Istanbul with a ton load of gold charms (evil eyes) for friends/family. I have a bracelet made of them. Aah - your daughter will enjoy them and so should you now.

Ella - great stuff. I'm going to say that the Tahitian black pearl necklace probably quite stunning since my latest weakness is for South Sea/Tahitian pearls. Ahh a September baby - sapphires are beautiful - especially the orange ones - the padparasha (sp) - one of the most expensive ones. But the most classic one is the blue - the Ceylon/Sri Lankan sapphire set in a princess setting with diamonds. Yikes - I better not encourage you more (not that you need my encouragement).

Becka - sorry about the loss/theft - that's the worst - especially of the sentimental stuff. It really doesn't matter the cost of them - just the sentimental value. As far as the diamond/sapphire rings from your ex - get the stones reset into a pendant / earrings / bracelet - something you will wear every day and then eventually pass them on. In time you will look back and say - it wasn't so bad to have gotten those from the ex. Enjoy them. I know when I get tired of stuff, I'm always having my jeweler set the gems into a different setting.

Back