Expensive Jewelery?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like i need any encouragment :laughno:

I've stopped asking for stuff since i have so much, but i keep catching myself wanting bigger Tahitian pearls or new sapphire or diamond earrings! Good thing i have a bit of self-control :scared:

I had no idea I had been being talked about... I never looked beyond the first few posts of this thread bc I am not one to brag (too much...:whistling:) but since my "collection" has been questioned, I photo'd what I have with me now. Most of my collection I keep in a safety deposit box at a bank bc I refuse to have that much jewelry lying in my home!! :madno:

I have been fortunate that my family and loved ones enjoy giving jewelry as presents, THANKFULLY they have started to let me pick my own pieces as gifts!! :w00t: I have a slightly different style than some of the jewelry out now... I LOVE delicate looking pieces!!

The MUCH talked about Rob present is in there, plus my "Stand in" engagement ring is the Sapphire ring, when he has a "real" job as he puts it, Rob wants to get me a big ole diamond to replace this one... Granted I love this ring, but if he wants to buy me a diamond, who am I to say no right?

omg leila! those are the prettiest rubys i have EVER seen! your jewlery colection is just stunning! im so glad you posted your stuff !

lol, I love jewelry!! I wish I could have posted the rest of it... The true "gems" of my collection are safe behind lock and key, but maybe I'll get them out soon so I can take pics.

Rubies are my birthstone Jennifer, and I love them too! I have a fantastic antique ring from my grandmother with a huge honkin' Pidgeon's Blood Ruby on it. I think it is roughly about 3 carats.

whoa! now that must look so hot! now dont go posting that u might get some people (including myself hehe) jealous!

Holy man Leila you've got some nice stuff, 3 carat ruby too, whoa!

Ron, your jewelry is stunning, my eye were bugging out of my head looking at your photos in awe!

Yeah, I love jewelry but i'm not one to flaunt it either so I know what you mean. Your collection is absolutely gorgeous! :smilehappyyes: :clap :clap

I LOVE those rubies!!

Sorry Leila, you may have misunderstood my post at the start of the thread. I certainly didn't intend to brag about jewellery and i dont think anyone else did in this thread. I can't brag anyway because i only have 2 pieces that i would call expensive LOL! :laughno:

Also honey, i dont think your collection was questioned! I ditto'd what Mel said because i remembered your thread from Valentines day

lol I TOTALLY wasn't referring to you in the "bragging" part sweets!! :madno: I didn't even think about your starting post until just now when I read this... So def. no need to say "Sorry" Laur, my chickie!

Uhh...i guess, I do not have THAT expensive jewelry...maybe after my marriage ??! :)

Leila - fantastic collection you have. That other ring you have handed down must be absolutely fantastic as in your culture, the jewelry there is beyond description. Treasure them but wear them not just for special occasions because if you wait, time will pass by before you realize it.

So who are you referring to as far as bragging. I hope it isn't me.

Lau - you see what you started now?

lol Does playing dress up 3 times a week in my apt count? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Thank you Rosie, and I LOVE the jewelry that my grandmother handed down to me... One of my few legacies from Iran and the family there since I can't go back. :scared:

Absolutely playing dress up counts - are you kidding me? Dress up the Gwen as well while you are it. I'm sure she won't mind having that quality jewelry on her and will probably prance around and run off so you can't take it off her. Like I said before, Iranian jewelry if fabulous. I'm lucky to have received that one pair of earrings I told you about long ago and I treasure it as it is in 22K and it is just stunning.

You never know, times change and hopefully it will change enough that you and your family will be able to return/visit to embrace your culture again. But, you better bring Gwen some jewelry or she will be growling at you.

Like I said, don't wait for a special occasion - enjoy it!

Here is my Bvlgari collection (2 rings, pendand, bracelet, and earings), my first wedding set, my amethyst set, and my watch. It is Christian Bernard, it is not too expansive but around $1500

Here is my ten year anniversary ring (total 2 ct.) and earings (total 1 ct.), my tanzanite and diamond ring, and 2 bracelets that I love and wear most of the time.

Love your rubies Rosie!!!

I love pearls too, I have two strands the I love, one grey, was my grandmothers...a tripple strand, and one white, both really pretty.

I have two pairs of SSP, one grey and one kindof silvery white both pretty big!!!

I have a SSP necklace I had made, the pearl is huge..probably 14mm, I had it set on a fine chain with 2 bezel set diamonds above it...really pretty!!!

I have lots of other random stuff, I love jewelry!! My bf in San Fran is in the business so I get some stuff from her...I love vintage expecially...

Latest posts

Back