Eyeshadow Mania! - An eyeshadow show n' tell

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually just placed an order for the 120 Palette One and the Ultra Shimmer Palette. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I decided to go with One first because I'm weird and I like to do things in order, and it seemed to have quite a rainbow. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I'll end up collecting them all...brushes are next on my list....
It definitely does have brights in it! I know you'll love them both!
biggrin.gif
I have their brushes too, they are awesome for such an inexpensive price!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This pic doesn't have swatches to go along with it, but at some point someone asked me how many Coastal Scents Palettes I have.....here you go....

I forgot to add the 120 Palette Four to the pic, I set it aside for review and I have the 120 Five coming to me soon!
7b.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
 im in eye shadow heaven
cloud9.gif

This pic doesn't have swatches to go along with it, but at some point someone asked me how many Coastal Scents Palettes I have.....here you go....

I forgot to add the 120 Palette Four to the pic, I set it aside for review and I have the 120 Five coming to me soon!
First I... 
jawsdown.gif
 then I... 
w00t.gif
  And now I'm just... 
wub.gif
 and a little bit of... 
worship.gif

And I'm going to show this to my hubby tonight and say "Look!  NOW tell me I have too much makeup!" (I only recently started building my collection again, mainly through enabler deals on here and my subs!  Someday I will have ALL OF THOSE!)

i'm really tempted to buy the 120 palette three...i know i dont need it but its only $18 right now....though i really like the shimmer palette too, also on sale...
rolleyes.gif

How do store your Coastal Scents palettes? I don't own any and I think the reason I don't is bc of the size. I'm already having serious storage issues with the palettes I do have and the larger ones are UD Vice and Sephora Cinderella and Jasmine.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do store your Coastal Scents palettes? I don't own any and I think the reason I don't is bc of the size. I'm already having serious storage issues with the palettes I do have and the larger ones are UD Vice and Sephora Cinderella and Jasmine.
 When I had one 88 palette and a 100 palette from ELF, before, I just stood them up on edge in my makeup cabinet. Now, my setup probably won't work for that as my shelves are shorter, so I think I'll just stack them neatly on my vanity, lol. That's the nice thing about the CS and ELF palettes, they are kind of flat basic squares that stack well. I'd like to find a more interesting storage option, though! Maybe some of those stackable plastic drawers big enough for them to lie flat in?

OMG! I love this pic!  They are so beautiful.  My daughter has a couple of CS palettes and she loves them.  I'd like to get at least one when I'm off my low buy.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My daughter has a few palettes...2 Coastal Scents, Naked 1 & a Lorac.  She has one of those office supply things that holds folders upright that she keeps her palettes in.  I got it for her at Target and the palettes fit perfectly in the slots.  She can fit more than one of the thinner ones in a slot too.

Originally Posted by la rubia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My daughter has a few palettes...2 Coastal Scents, Naked 1 & a Lorac.  She has one of those office supply things that holds folders upright that she keeps her palettes in.  I got it for her at Target and the palettes fit perfectly in the slots.  She can fit more than one of the thinner ones in a slot too.
That is brilliant, or even a repurposed filing cabinet if someone had one around! Now I need to get my hands on one! I never thought about all the various office storage options! Thanks!

That is brilliant, or even a repurposed filing cabinet if someone had one around! Now I need to get my hands on one! I never thought about all the various office storage options! Thanks!
The thing my daughter has is pretty small and sits right on top of her vanity so her palettes can be seen & she has easy access to them.  If I get a chance I'll take a picture and post it for you.

Originally Posted by la rubia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing my daughter has is pretty small and sits right on top of her vanity so her palettes can be seen & she has easy access to them.
I knew what you were talking about! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Kind of like this, right? (and there are tons of different types)..

It just got me thinking of other office options and the small portable filing cabinet that I think my dad my still have lying around...lol. Anything meant for folders would be great for palettes!

This is what I'm currently keeping them in:

It's just a medium to large Caboodles case. I have them here because I don't have a vanity and the lights in the bathroom cast a yellow tone, so I actually sit on the floor in my living room and set up a round stand mirror and do my makeup there. I like sitting on the floor! lol (ballerina fo' life!) I have big big plans for a walk in closet with a nice vanity and drawers with organizers though in the (hopefully near) future! In this case are all of my palettes. Coastal Scents, Urban Decay, Nyx, L'Oreal duos, Z Palette, Lorac and a Too Faced. Plus my Coastal Scents blushes.
biggrin.gif
It just helps me to be portable for now.

I knew what you were talking about! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Kind of like this, right? (and there are tons of different types)..

It just got me thinking of other office options and the small portable filing cabinet that I think my dad my still have lying around...lol. Anything meant for folders would be great for palettes!
Yes like that.  This is hers:

This is what I'm currently keeping them in:

It's just a medium to large Caboodles case. I have them here because I don't have a vanity and the lights in the bathroom cast a yellow tone, so I actually sit on the floor in my living room and set up a round stand mirror and do my makeup there. I like sitting on the floor! lol (ballerina fo' life!) I have big big plans for a walk in closet with a nice vanity and drawers with organizers though in the (hopefully near) future! In this case are all of my palettes. Coastal Scents, Urban Decay, Nyx, L'Oreal duos, Z Palette, Lorac and a Too Faced. Plus my Coastal Scents blushes.
biggrin.gif
It just helps me to be portable for now.
lol...i always find myself on the floor too (15 years ballet before having to stop due to rheumatoid arthritis..had to stop teaching 2 yr olds too) i'm also working on a custom made vanity( i'm watching thrift shops and craigslist for the perfect style desk...then im gonna refinish and add lighted mirrors,etc..)

Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol...i always find myself on the floor too (15 years ballet before having to stop due to rheumatoid arthritis..had to stop teaching 2 yr olds too) i'm also working on a custom made vanity( i'm watching thrift shops and craigslist for the perfect style desk...then im gonna refinish and add lighted mirrors,etc..)
Aw, I'm sorry. I had to stop dancing professionally from 2 herniated discs, but I continued to teach since I'd always intended to be a teacher. So are you still teaching other ages?

dance.gif

On a secondary note...I have been swatching the 120 Palette FOUR from Coastal Scents today...pics up soon! Yaaaay!

COASTAL SCENTS 120 PALETTE FOUR

and just a side note, I don't use any primers for the swatches!

Hope everyone enjoyed it! The entire palette is shimmer/satin, and it's SO gorgeous in real life. With some hidden gem duochromes in it!

Hope everyone enjoyed it! The entire palette is shimmer/satin, and it's SO gorgeous in real life. With some hidden gem duochromes in it!
I may or may not be drooling a little right now. SO GORGEOUS. 

I have been debating picking up this & the Ultra Shimmer Palette. 
smile.gif
 These swatches seal the deal!

Ooh, this may be my favorite one, and the next one I buy!

Back