Eyeshadow Mania! - An eyeshadow show n' tell

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote:

Originally Posted by la rubia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

curious raven - wow that's an impressive eyeshadow collection.  What a great variety you have!
thanks! I'm constantly adding to it, now if only it was so easy to let go of the ones I don't like...  
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@curious raven...that 120 palette you got off ebay...what's the quality like? i was looking at the same one but decided not to get it because i was afraid it would be like those wally world xmas special kits with not color and gritty texture...is it like that or is it better quality? i wouldnt mind seeing a few swatches...i won't ask for you to swatch all 120,lol..
it's actually not too bad. so far the colors I have swatched seem decently pigmented, just slightly powdery. I've heard around that these, the Coastal Scents, and the BH Cosmetics are all the same palettes just branded? Not sure about that as I just got this palette and don't have any CS or BH but I think it's pretty good for the price since I mostly wanted some color to play with. I think you get the most out of the shadows if you wear a good eye primer/base though. I've got a pic of swatches from the bottom row of my 120 at the end of this post so you can see a bit of the variety of color.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What an awesome collection! I really love the L'Oreal Infallibles. That palette from Ebay looks just like the 120 Palette One from CS!
thank you! yeah, I want more Infallibles but I tend to only buy 1 at a time when I really want specific colors. And that's good to know which palette it looks like from CS, I'd hate to buy another one exactly like it since I'm looking at getting some more of these big palettes. 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by ooj4cki3oo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

great collection @curiousraven! I love the swatches on the UD palette - very pigmented and those L'oreal Infallibles are so pretty too!
thanks! yeah, I used to also have the UD Ammo palette (it was my first taste of UD shadows) but an old roommate took it when she moved out. There are so many more UD and Infallibles that I want.  heh

And now here's a swatch of the bottom row from the 120 palette pic from my last post:

I have been meaning to share my Cargo quads, finally took some swatches this morning! The lighting isn't great, but you get the idea. I love these, wore them every day until I got hooked on my CS shimmer palette!

I love the packaging on these :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> In order, here is Baja, Vienna, Toronto, Barcelona, and Tahiti.

Baja is sheer neutrals. These were the only neutrals I wore for a long time! Great for a super subtle look, the pink brightens up my eyes perfectly when I want to look like I'm not wearing makeup.

Vienna consists of more pigmented, cooler neutrals (and a great navy). I like to wear the browns on my eyes and use the navy as liner!

Toronto is one of my favorites! Cool grays, blue, and sparkly black. This one is super pigmented.

Barcelona is pretty purples, blue, and green. It is also pigmented but can be applied sheer with a really light touch. I am in love with the green and the first blueish purple.

(this one got flipped, but you can tell which is which, I think)

Tahiti is tropical blue-greens. This one is super bright and pretty. The yellow green is a really unique color, I love that one and the forest green the best.

Originally Posted by CuriousRaven /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

thanks! I'm constantly adding to it, now if only it was so easy to let go of the ones I don't like...  
smile.gif

it's actually not too bad. so far the colors I have swatched seem decently pigmented, just slightly powdery. I've heard around that these, the Coastal Scents, and the BH Cosmetics are all the same palettes just branded? Not sure about that as I just got this palette and don't have any CS or BH but I think it's pretty good for the price since I mostly wanted some color to play with. I think you get the most out of the shadows if you wear a good eye primer/base though. I've got a pic of swatches from the bottom row of my 120 at the end of this post so you can see a bit of the variety of color.

thank you! yeah, I want more Infallibles but I tend to only buy 1 at a time when I really want specific colors. And that's good to know which palette it looks like from CS, I'd hate to buy another one exactly like it since I'm looking at getting some more of these big palettes. 
biggrin.gif

thanks! yeah, I used to also have the UD Ammo palette (it was my first taste of UD shadows) but an old roommate took it when she moved out. There are so many more UD and Infallibles that I want.  heh

And now here's a swatch of the bottom row from the 120 palette pic from my last post:

thanks, those seem pretty pigmented...i may have to give it a try after all.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been meaning to share my Cargo quads, finally took some swatches this morning! The lighting isn't great, but you get the idea. I love these, wore them every day until I got hooked on my CS shimmer palette!

I love the packaging on these :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> In order, here is Baja, Vienna, Toronto, Barcelona, and Tahiti.

Baja is sheer neutrals. These were the only neutrals I wore for a long time! Great for a super subtle look, the pink brightens up my eyes perfectly when I want to look like I'm not wearing makeup.

Vienna consists of more pigmented, cooler neutrals (and a great navy). I like to wear the browns on my eyes and use the navy as liner!

Toronto is one of my favorites! Cool grays, blue, and sparkly black. This one is super pigmented.

Barcelona is pretty purples, blue, and green. It is also pigmented but can be applied sheer with a really light touch. I am in love with the green and the first blueish purple.

Tahiti is tropical blue-greens. This one is super bright and pretty. The yellow green is a really unique color, I love that one and the forest green the best.

These look nice. I really like the first two (but I'm a neutrals gal). I will have to keep my eyes open for them

Originally Posted by Crystalleigh7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These look nice. I really like the first two (but I'm a neutrals gal). I will have to keep my eyes open for them
You should, I am not into neutrals much but I LOVE both of them!

Best. Thread. Ever!!!!!  I am now seriously considering buying some Coastal Scents palettes.  I don't own anything from them but the swatches look great.  So, those of you who do own Coastal Scents shadows, how is the texture?  They look very pigmented and soft, not powdery, am I right?

This week's sections, over Starlooks white eye pencil (backdrop: the Dread Kitten Edgar, since he kept headbutting my hands and making everything blurry until I just put my hand on him to hold him still):
L to R, all Glamour Doll Eyes: Flicker Pop! (June OTM), Immature, Electric Lemonade, Light Speed, Sparkler, Pinky Swear, and Angel Wings. As a side note, this is my entire GDE collection (not counting baggies) at the moment, mostly arranged by color, which is why I pick seven each week: I get overwhelmed picking out what to wear each morning unless I restrict myself like this.

LOVE THESE!!!! The cases are so CHIC
heart.gif

Originally Posted by Bikerchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Best. Thread. Ever!!!!!  I am now seriously considering buying some Coastal Scents palettes.  I don't own anything from them but the swatches look great.  So, those of you who do own Coastal Scents shadows, how is the texture?  They look very pigmented and soft, not powdery, am I right?
The shimmers and satins are VERY soft and pigmented, the mattes can SOMETIMES be a little powdery, especially the lighter pastels, but not to where they have bad fall-out or are not workable.
smile.gif

I was going to order a couple Cargo quads when they were on Hautelook the other day. I decided I didn't need any more eyeshadow, now I have no-buyer's remorse.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOVE THESE!!!! The cases are so CHIC
heart.gif

The shimmers and satins are VERY soft and pigmented, the mattes can SOMETIMES be a little powdery, especially the lighter pastels, but not to where they have bad fall-out or are not workable.
smile.gif
Thank you!  I will be buying a few of their palettes soon!

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was going to order a couple Cargo quads when they were on Hautelook the other day. I decided I didn't need any more eyeshadow, now I have no-buyer's remorse.
Oh man, I didn't know they were on there! I would like to get my hands on the rest of the quads, I love these so much...

so pretty! now I'm wishing I had gotten some of these when they were on the LBB site.

Originally Posted by Bikerchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i had two little quad samples of CS from past ipsy bags, and they were both very soft( as cookie said esp. the shimmers/satins) so i knew i'd like them and finally placed and order since they are running a huge sale...i love shimmery shadow so i bought the ultra shimmer palette to start...88 shadows for 8.95! but they have most of their eyeshadow palettes on sale right now.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This week's sections, over Starlooks white eye pencil (backdrop: the Dread Kitten Edgar, since he kept headbutting my hands and making everything blurry until I just put my hand on him to hold him still):

L to R, all Glamour Doll Eyes: Flicker Pop! (June OTM), Immature, Electric Lemonade, Light Speed, Sparkler, Pinky Swear, and Angel Wings.

As a side note, this is my entire GDE collection (not counting baggies) at the moment, mostly arranged by color, which is why I pick seven each week: I get overwhelmed picking out what to wear each morning unless I restrict myself like this.

I am jealous of your GDE stash! 

And I also have a kitty named Edgar :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

L to R, all Glamour Doll Eyes: Flicker Pop! (June OTM), Immature, Electric Lemonade, Light Speed, Sparkler, Pinky Swear, and Angel Wings.

As a side note, this is my entire GDE collection (not counting baggies) at the moment, mostly arranged by color, which is why I pick seven each week: I get overwhelmed picking out what to wear each morning unless I restrict myself like this.

THAT is SO FAB!!! I love it!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am jealous of your GDE stash! 

And I also have a kitty named Edgar :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I too, am insanely jealous of your GDE!  (and I do not have a kitty named Edgar.)  I just got a bunch of samples (in the baggies), and I'm looking forward to swatching them!

I too, am insanely jealous of your GDE!  (and I do not have a kitty named Edgar.)  I just got a bunch of samples (in the baggies), and I'm looking forward to swatching them!
Count me in, too! Everyone needs more GDE I'm their lives. I'll have to get mine together and try to swatch them all.. I'm inspired. . But it's hot as hell and cooling off in the pool comes first lol.

Originally Posted by Crystalleigh7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Loving this thread. Eyeshadow palettes are my favorite!

Anyone have Stila In the light? Wanting......
I have the Stila In the Light palette and love it.

Bare, Kitten, Bliss, Sunset, Sandstone

Bubbly, Gilded Gold, Luster, Night Sky, Ebony

Sorry I couldn't swatch the eye liner in Damsel, but I don't have it anymore.  Bare and Night Sky are my favorites. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Count me in, too! Everyone needs more GDE I'm their lives. I'll have to get mine together and try to swatch them all.. I'm inspired. . But it's hot as hell and cooling off in the pool comes first lol.
I desperately want to place another order**, but I *will* hold out until next Wednesday.  That's when another round of new colors (plus -- MissLindaJean, cover your eyes now -- NAIL POLISHES!) are going to be released!

** Did I mention that I am determined to have sample jars of the entire line by the end of the year, and then I will move on to buying full-sized versions of my favorites (Pinky Swear is at the very tippy top of *that* list.  I cannot believe how many compliments I get when I wear shimmery hot pink eyeshadow!) next year?  Because that's what's going on right now.  I'm probably about halfway there.

Back