Eyeshadow Mania! - An eyeshadow show n' tell

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, this may be my favorite one, and the next one I buy!
This is the one I told you about
biggrin.gif
I thought you'd like it!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

COASTAL SCENTS 120 PALETTE FOUR

and just a side note, I don't use any primers for the swatches!

Hope everyone enjoyed it! The entire palette is shimmer/satin, and it's SO gorgeous in real life. With some hidden gem duochromes in it!
 I am so SOLD! Those swatches are pretty pigmented without a primer! That's amazing!

Definitely added to my List! Now time to look for some discount codes hehehehe

Aw, I'm sorry. I had to stop dancing professionally from 2 herniated discs, but I continued to teach since I'd always intended to be a teacher. So are you still teaching other ages?

dance.gif

On a secondary note...I have been swatching the 120 Palette FOUR from Coastal Scents today...pics up soon! Yaaaay!
no, im not teaching. the RA actually pitted the joints in my writs and foot,so i have a slight disformation in them now...makes them very rigid, no movement and many things are difficult/painful or impossible to do now, however i do continue to due what i can privately and give my daughter what instruction i can.

Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what I'm currently keeping them in:

It's just a medium to large Caboodles case. I have them here because I don't have a vanity and the lights in the bathroom cast a yellow tone, so I actually sit on the floor in my living room and set up a round stand mirror and do my makeup there. I like sitting on the floor! lol (ballerina fo' life!) I have big big plans for a walk in closet with a nice vanity and drawers with organizers though in the (hopefully near) future! In this case are all of my palettes. Coastal Scents, Urban Decay, Nyx, L'Oreal duos, Z Palette, Lorac and a Too Faced. Plus my Coastal Scents blushes.
biggrin.gif
It just helps me to be portable for now.
lol...i always find myself on the floor too (15 years ballet before having to stop due to rheumatoid arthritis..had to stop teaching 2 yr olds too) i'm also working on a custom made vanity( i'm watching thrift shops and craigslist for the perfect style desk...then im gonna refinish and add lighted mirrors,etc..)

Sorry to hear that, let us know how the progress on your vanity goes.

COASTAL SCENTS 120 PALETTE FOUR

and just a side note, I don't use any primers for the swatches!

Hope everyone enjoyed it! The entire palette is shimmer/satin, and it's SO gorgeous in real life. With some hidden gem duochromes in it!
Those are beautiful swatches Cookie, I'm over here drooling!

im placing an order for the ultra shimmer palette from CS right now (sale for 8.95...awesome) has anyone used their brushes before, im wondering if i should add a few shadow brushes while im ordering...

im placing an order for the ultra shimmer palette from CS right now (sale for 8.95...awesome) has anyone used their brushes before, im wondering if i should add a few shadow brushes while im ordering...
I bought the ultra shimmer palette a couple of weeks ago and it's amaaazing! I have the 120 Palette one, too, but I reach for the Ultra Shimmer pretty much every day. You'll love it!

I also have the 22 brush set. I am really impressed with them! Great quality for the price, Definitely worth it, I haven't used my other brushes since I got them.

This pic doesn't have swatches to go along with it, but at some point someone asked me how many Coastal Scents Palettes I have.....here you go....

I forgot to add the 120 Palette Four to the pic, I set it aside for review and I have the 120 Five coming to me soon!
oh my! I think I had to wipe up some drool after looking at this pic.

does anyone in here know if it's true that CS palettes are the same as BH Cosmetics and the eBay ones?

also if anyone is interested I have the UD BoS 2, TF Summer Eye '12, NYX Crimson Amulet, Tarte Aqualillies palettes', and then some random singles and Hard Candy sets my sis gave me if anyone is interested in swatches? Also, one of the aforementioned 120 eBay palettes...  ^__^

A sneak peek at what I'll be showing ya'll soooooooon on here LOL

Oh yes.

and CuriousRaven, I want to see ALL of the swatches! LOL
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought the ultra shimmer palette a couple of weeks ago and it's amaaazing! I have the 120 Palette one, too, but I reach for the Ultra Shimmer pretty much every day. You'll love it!

I also have the 22 brush set. I am really impressed with them! Great quality for the price, Definitely worth it, I haven't used my other brushes since I got them.
i ended up placing the order without brushes last night...which just means i need another order now...and most likely another palette...why pay shipping for just brushes right? at least that's the reason i'm going with to justify others i wanted but couldn't quite buckle down and add...lol.

not like i need brushes...i have somewhere in the 30's range right now for my eyes alone...but i'm always looking for new ones that may suit me...lol

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i ended up placing the order without brushes last night...which just means i need another order now...and most likely another palette...why pay shipping for just brushes right? at least that's the reason i'm going with to justify others i wanted but couldn't quite buckle down and add...lol.

not like i need brushes...i have somewhere in the 30's range right now for my eyes alone...but i'm always looking for new ones that may suit me...lol

Question... how much is their shipping?  The Q&A on the site seems very mysterious about shipping costs.

Also, hoping to have some GDE samples to swatch here in the next few days!  Giddy with excitement!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question... how much is their shipping?  The Q&A on the site seems very mysterious about shipping costs.

Also, hoping to have some GDE samples to swatch here in the next few days!  Giddy with excitement!
when you have an item in your cart you can calculate the shipping prior to purchase, it bases it off your zip code...for me it was 5.29 to ship my palette, but i got  1.50 off using the points i got for registering, and the palette was on sale for 8.95...all in all i paid $13...which is not bad for 88 shadows imo.

So I probably should have waited for natural light to do swatches and pics but I was bored so here it is! While my collection isn't as extensive as some because I tend to stick to what I have and like a lot it was still quite a bit of swatching for my poor arm. This is going to broken into a few posts because I'm not sure about the picture limit on posts?

Anyways! First is a set of baked shadows my mom gave me. I'm pretty sure they were a Walmart xmas set. I had swatched these before so y'all are gettin the pics that were on my hard drive already:

Greens:

Uh, pinks?:

Blues (and the bright one stains like a PITA!):

And then the Hard Candy Eye Sparkler sets my sis gave me:

1st Set (wish I had dif coloring, the copper color is gorg! but would look weird on me):

2nd set:

3rd set (almost no color pay-off with this one, not sure why I haven't tossed it yet...):

And my 2 lonely cream shadows, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded (didn't realize this was 'metallic' when I bought it *facepalm*) and mini Stila Smudge pot in Bronze:

Then there's my Too Faced Summer Eye '12 Palette:

Grabbed this mostly for the row down the middle (coral for the win!), the 'base' colors barely show at all:

Tarte Aqualillies palette:

Only swatched the shadows, the 2nd from the left is a really pretty duochrome:

(end part 1)

And continuing on! Urban Decay Book of Shadows vol. II  (keep meaning to depot this one). Swatching all these shadows reminded me why I <3 my UD so much!:

Top row:

2nd row:

3rd row:

Bottom row:

And another palette I never reach for NYX Crimson Amulet:

Top half:

Bottom half (and I swear I swatched every color but most of these fade into my skin):

My loose shadows from left to right - Bare Minerals Bon Bon, Bare Minerals Exotic Tiara, Bare Minerals Nouveau, freshMinerals Heart of Glass, and Bourjois 23 Regard:

From left to right - Ulta Sandstone (was a gift, kinda bleh), Lola Sake/Sushi, Lancome Trendy, Victoria Secret Purr trio, and Essence Shrimp Me Up:

Top is the VS trio and the Shrimp Me Up, bottom is the Ulta, Lola and Lancome:

Left to right - UD Narcotic, MAC Steamy, MAC Living Pink, pur True Emerald, and an unnamed Sally Girl purple:

And my L'oreal Infallibles - Eternal Black, Midnight Blue, Gold Imperial, Endless Sea, and Pink Sapphire:

And that's it for now! *phew*  Let me know if you wanna see anything side-by-side or have any other q's, yeah? The only other shadows I have is this 120 palette I got off eBay, do you want swatches?

curious raven - wow that's an impressive eyeshadow collection.  What a great variety you have!

@curious raven...that 120 palette you got off ebay...what's the quality like? i was looking at the same one but decided not to get it because i was afraid it would be like those wally world xmas special kits with not color and gritty texture...is it like that or is it better quality? i wouldnt mind seeing a few swatches...i won't ask for you to swatch all 120,lol..

Originally Posted by CuriousRaven /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And continuing on! Urban Decay Book of Shadows vol. II  (keep meaning to depot this one). Swatching all these shadows reminded me why I <3 my UD so much!:

Top row:

2nd row:

3rd row:

Bottom row:

And another palette I never reach for NYX Crimson Amulet:

Top half:

Bottom half (and I swear I swatched every color but most of these fade into my skin):

My loose shadows from left to right - Bare Minerals Bon Bon, Bare Minerals Exotic Tiara, Bare Minerals Nouveau, freshMinerals Heart of Glass, and Bourjois 23 Regard:

=

From left to right - Ulta Sandstone (was a gift, kinda bleh), Lola Sake/Sushi, Lancome Trendy, Victoria Secret Purr trio, and Essence Shrimp Me Up:

Top is the VS trio and the Shrimp Me Up, bottom is the Ulta, Lola and Lancome:

Left to right - UD Narcotic, MAC Steamy, MAC Living Pink, pur True Emerald, and an unnamed Sally Girl purple:

And my L'oreal Infallibles - Eternal Black, Midnight Blue, Gold Imperial, Endless Sea, and Pink Sapphire:

And that's it for now! *phew*  Let me know if you wanna see anything side-by-side or have any other q's, yeah? The only other shadows I have is this 120 palette I got off eBay, do you want swatches?

What an awesome collection! I really love the L'Oreal Infallibles. That palette from Ebay looks just like the 120 Palette One from CS!

great collection @curiousraven! I love the swatches on the UD palette - very pigmented and those L'oreal Infallibles are so pretty too!

Back