FabFitFun VIP Spring 2015 *Spoilers!*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my confusion as well. When I signed up today, it had me do a survey on how much I work out, skin issues etc. Not sure what that was for though.

That was my confusion as well. When I signed up today, it had me do a survey on how much I work out, skin issues etc. Not sure what that was for though.
I was also curious about the survey thing and found this little bit on their FAQ page:

I filled out a survey all about myself. Does this mean boxes are personalized?

While we are not yet personalizing boxes, we are always working to curate the most exciting quarterly VIP boxes. When you subscribe, you will be prompted to fill out a survey, which will help us in the future select products that are more in tune with your personal tastes! For now, this will not mean your box will be personalized each quarter, but we will take your preferences into consideration.

They must be getting close now. I signed up for a Select membership and the website now asks me to choose which scarf design I'd like.
Thanks for the info! I upgraded my account a week or so ago and I was wondering when we would be able to make our selections. Just logged onto the site and made my pick! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@theori3   If you log into your account and go to the dashboard, there is an option to upgrade to a yearly sub ($179.99/year). My memory is a little fuzzy but I think there was a button in the middle of the page under the heading 'your subscription' that I clicked on to upgrade to VIP Select. Once the yearly sub is activated, you can then click on the 'Select Members Area" at the top right corner of the dashboard and this will take you to the page where you can select the scarf design you want. Oh and they let you change your pick multiple times if you are feeling a little indecisive (speaking from personal experience)! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
@theori3   If you log into your account and go to the dashboard, there is an option to upgrade to a yearly sub ($179.99/year). My memory is a little fuzzy but I think there was a button in the middle of the page under the heading 'your subscription' that I clicked on to upgrade to VIP Select. Once the yearly sub is activated, you can then click on the 'Select Members Area" at the top right corner of the dashboard and this will take you to the page where you can select the scarf design you want. Oh and they let you change your pick multiple times if you are feeling a little indecisive (speaking from personal experience)! :lol:
Oh, nice! I wonder if they'll offer a nice discount code for a yearly sub at some point soon... I'm tempted to sign up!

Which scarf did you end up choosing?

Anyone else having trouble upgrading and getting to the select members screen?

I upgraded, but when I click 'select members area', it takes me back to the screen to select to upgrade. Tried clicking 'yes, upgrade to select' again. And it says I'm already a select member. Ugh.

I upgraded, but when I click 'select members area', it takes me back to the screen to select to upgrade. Tried clicking 'yes, upgrade to select' again. And it says I'm already a select member. Ugh.
Maybe once payment goes through then the 'select members area' becomes available? Definitely email them about it and hopefully they will help get this sorted out for you...

Mnky, on 06 Mar 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

Actually this happened to me but it looks like it registered the "upgrade" immediately.  Where it says you're a select member already - follow through and you should have the option of selecting your preferred scarf.

Actually this happened to me but it looks like it registered the "upgrade" immediately. Where it says you're a select member already - follow through and you should have the option of selecting your preferred scarf.
How did you follow through? I even got the email to pick the scarf and it does the same thing using that link- takes me to the screen to upgrade. When I click on yes, upgrade- I get an error that says I'm already a member with nothing else to select. I'll probably just give them a call tomorrow.

Mnky, on 08 Mar 2015 - 5:48 PM, said:How did you follow through? I even got the email to pick the scarf and it does the same thing using that link- takes me to the screen to upgrade. When I click on yes, upgrade- I get an error that says I'm already a member with nothing else to select. I'll probably just give them a call tomorrow.
For me I received the error but noticed that in the right top next to Customer Concierge it now had Select Members Area (I clicked on this and it had the survey for the scarves). 

Pretty frustrated with fabfitfun right now. I cancelled last week which was way more complicated than it should be and I was charged today.

I cancelled on the website and then got an email saying my account is not cancelled until I reply. So I replied to yes cancel unless they can wait to charge me on the 22nd. They replied that they could not and that my account was cancelled. Only my account still says active and now I've been charged when I needed that money for a different bill. What a freaking headache. I was thinking about resubbing for spring when I could afford it but now that I know they might charge you after you cancel and make it hard to cancel I'm not so sure. I like this sub but what a stressful experience. Ok rant over.

Edited to update: at least they reply to billing issues quickly. I got a response within 15 mins of emailing. They sent me a refund receipt and apologized. I also got a more official email of cancellation. So if you cancel keep an eye out for a separate email saying it is cancelled. Money isn't in there yet but hopefully it is by tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I cancelled a month ago until I was charged for this box yesterday.  I always like the boxes, so I guess I'll just keep this one - but yes - make sure that when you cancel, you really are cancelled.  I never got an email or anything saying I was cancelled so I'll make sure this cancellation goes through this time so I don't get the next box. :/

I thought I cancelled a month ago until I was charged for this box yesterday. I always like the boxes, so I guess I'll just keep this one - but yes - make sure that when you cancel, you really are cancelled. I never got an email or anything saying I was cancelled so I'll make sure this cancellation goes through this time so I don't get the next box. :/
The exact same thing happened to me. I decided to just let it slide for this box and see what I think of it but I'm planning on canceling after and then double checking to make sure I am actually cancelled.

The last few comments are interesting because this just happened to me too! And with a twist! I opened a second account under a second email in December when they had that deal for a $25 winter box. I cancelled both at the same time a month or so ago. However, with the original account, I cancelled and then upgraded to an annual membership. I must have missed that "you must reply to confirm that you have cancelled" language on the account that I intended to close.

Anyway, a week or so ago, I logged into the "closed" account just on a whim to make sure that it was really done, and lo and behold, it still showed it as active! I re-did the cancel process and this time remembered to follow up and reply to the confirmation email. THEN, a couple of days later, I got a message to the original email address saying that my annual sub was cancelled. I assume that they had somehow linked both accounts due to my name and address being the same, but I was so annoyed.

I emailed them and they said they fixed it, but I still need to reply again because I don't see a referral credit that I just got anywhere in my account info (not sure where it is supposed to show up) ... I'm definitely going to check my credit card statements too to make sure nothing got billed inaccurately!

Back