FabFitFun VIP Spring 2015 *Spoilers!*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first box was last summer (the pantiliner one, ha), so I have now received a full year's worth.  The weird thing is that the boxes aren't bad at all - you get a lot of items, the brands are decent, there is always a really nice/expensive skincare item and a new workout, it's high value even without the coupon cards, and amazing value if you are willing/able to use them.  I think the problem for me is that FFF is so forgettable in my sea of boxes.  Maybe if they worked more on an actual theme so you don't feel like you are getting a box with a bunch of completely random things thrown in? I don't know. I WANT to love it but I'm just not there. 

I wish the FFF box was more Fitness Lifestyle related.  When there's scarves and aprons, I just don't feel it.  I'd rather see hard-working beauty products like sweat-proof BB creme or mascara (thanks MizzFit!), moisturizing hand sanitizer, maybe the new Urban Decay sheer lipstick, and lots of lip balm.  A small gym tote for car keys and workout essentials would be nice.  

There are so many directions the box could go in and never get to jewelry tattoos!

i haven't read through the thread so don't know if anyone posted this. but people may still have the rifle calendar from 2014 with images that would be similar to the coasters.  nice for framing to create an overall look. 

I think I got those coasters and the jewelry tattoo in a popsugar box. I feel like I am looking at an old pop sugar box. I need to organize myself for trades. I have lots of stuff I never used and will never use. Some I do put aside for gifts

I wish the FFF box was more Fitness Lifestyle related. When there's scarves and aprons, I just don't feel it. I'd rather see hard-working beauty products like sweat-proof BB creme or mascara (thanks MizzFit!), moisturizing hand sanitizer, maybe the new Urban Decay sheer lipstick, and lots of lip balm. A small gym tote for car keys and workout essentials would be nice.

There are so many directions the box could go in and never get to jewelry tattoos!
Yes yes, I totally agree with you and @@lauradiniwilk (I can't seem to double quote).

I find that I get solid value from these boxes - I'm happy with most of the items and if I can use the coupons (not this time) then so much better. But I feel like it would be so much better with a strong seasonal fitness theme, instead of turbans, aprons, bullet necklaces, etc. and more of the "fun" element.

So for spring, I do like the core/Pilates dvd as if we are getting ready for warm weather I want to start to tone up. I'm ready to get back outside too - so maybe lip balm with sunscreen in fun flavors, smoothie mixes, natural deodorant, a baseball/running type cap, detox tea, sparkly hair ties, gym bag/duffle, etc. (like the Mizzfit fit book was a fab idea for goal setting in January).

I don't know. I'm not unhappy because I do feel I get my money's worth with this sub, but it could use a little more excitement and fitness focus.

Should I be concerned that I haven't received shipping notification yet? This is my first box so I wasn't sure if it shipped out in waves or not.

Has anyone else still not received a shipping notice? I've been subbed for the last 6 boxes and it's never taken this long. I heard last week they planned to send the <last> round of notices tomorrow---March 31. If I recall correctly it takes about 7-10 days to arrive once it's shipped. Considering I was charged in February (for my box and one for my mom), I'm a bit impatient to still be empty handed. Kind of feels like I made an interest free loan.

I got these boxes for $25 each thanks to a half off coupon from Hello Fresh, so I definitely feel like I got my money's worth. But I do wish it were more exciting. There's nothing wrong with any item at all. Well, other than the ubiquitous tattoos (seriously, I can't even get my 10 year old to wear them because she thinks they're "cheesy and lame" I can't say I disagree, lol). I actually don't want to see this sub become more fitness centric. It's billed as a lifestyle sub with a fitness component. I like the variey; it's the main reason I subbed in the first place. And lord please no more lip balms! They're a personal pet peeve of mine, along with lip gloss. I consider them to be cheap filler that boxes throw in to round out a box and be able to claim they sent a "full size" item. Blah! There are other subs that are specifically geared to fitness only so I hope FFF keeps the well rounded focus. That said, I hope they move away from including coupons into the overall value. I'm 39 and married forever so I have little need to rent bridesmaid dresses. I also don't care for "gift cards" that require me to spend out of pocket and/or enter credit card info to redeem. Legally, they can't even be called gift cards if any consideration is required to redeem. So that makes them coupons. And let's face it, we don't sub to FFF to get coupons, lol. Scarves, makeup brushes, skincare products, cosmetics, workout accessories, healthy snacks, the occasional home item, all make for a well balanced box (sounds like I plan to eat it). Now if I could just get my freaking box, I'll be a happy camper!

I cancelled today and apparently that results in a customer support ticket being opened.  Not only did they actually let me know that the cancel went through (gotta love a box that doesn't keep me guessing), but they actually gave me a non-canned reply that was responsive to my actual reasons for leaving.  It was so nice it almost made me reconsider.  Definitely something that will be in the back of my mind when spoilers for the next box roll around. 

I'm impressed that they responded at all. I've had really bad luck getting them to communicate and always have to call. I had cancelled a previous account using the online cancellation form (3 times) but never received the email confirmation. I sent CS 4 separate emails asking for proof of cancellation and never got a response. I had to use FB to get them to respond and even then it was a non-response telling me to email for assistance. This was all within the last 90 days. Here's hoping this means they're turning a corner in the CS department.

I got to open my box this past weekend, and my impressions were pretty much the same as to the spoilers.

I like the scarf (smaller than expected, but it's different than the scarves I currently have), like the bb nail polish, the serum and the shadow brushes. I like the coasters but may regift them as part of a housewarming present. Didn't love the dvd but will give it another chance. The coupons and discount code aren't useful to me. I don't love/need anything on the Merrithew website enough to pay out of pocket for shipping.

Overall I got my money's worth but hoping for more fun from the summer box.

My box just came and I have to say that I like the box. This was my first FFF box. I'm looking forward to trying the DVD, the nail polishes and the collagen boosting serum. The scarf is nice too. I don't normally wear scarfs but will have to learn with this one. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> The coasters I'll probably gift. Overall it was a nice box. Nothing spectacular but still nice. I think I'll stick with this and see what the summer box will be like before deciding on possibly cancelling.

I guess I need to reach out via social media to find out when my boxes will ship. I really hate having to chase down something I paid for. It doesn't leave a good overall impression. That's unfortunate since I really do like the sub itself. I just find their CS to be nonresponsive and to me that's not an acceptable of doing business.

Does anyone know if the Orly polishes are "5 free"? I can't find the ingredients online or on the bottles. I'm highly allergic to nail polish that isn't at least free of formaldehyde and toluene. Thanks in advance.

I wondered about the same issue and it took me a while to find the info. It's really hard to find it on their site because it's not prominently displayed. This is what I found:

The ColorsAt ORLY we never stop looking for the next big idea. By keeping hot on the heels of the latest trends, our talented team of color experts deliver the bright ideas, hot colors and bold textures our fans love. Color is the foundation of everything we do. It is our heart, and soul, and the reflection of our multi-faceted personality. Full of the classics, the revolutionary and time-tested fan favorites the ORLY Permanent Color Collection has something for everyone. 

Formulated without DBP, Formaldehyde and Toulene.

Back