Fandom collections

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like more history themed collections, like Espionage's (I think) French Revolution collection! It's perfect. 'Historical Blunders' would be a cool collection- 'Trojan Horse', 'Ross Rifle', etc.

Or a Hell's Kitchen or The Taste collection... ahhh. I'm weird and I can't get into many TV shows. The ones I do wouldn't be collectionable anyway (Cracked, Rookie Blue, Breakout Kings, Misfits).
I know that Baroque Cosmetics has a French revolution collection. Meow Cosmetics has a collection inspired by Egypt. Ten Three Labs has a collection called the Bad B!+ch Collection and has shadows named after Bathory, Hatshepsut, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kyuu  Aargh!  The spam filter!  I'll have to check that when I have time to sort through all of that crap!  (Seriously, *why* do spammers love my Honest Co. post so much?  It's always *that* post.  No clue why.)

I'd love to see Final Fantasy collections (XII, especially, but X/X-2 could have such pretty, dreamy colors). American Horror Story has such a distinct palette each season that someone could do really nice collections with that. Game of Thrones...as long as there's nothing purple, lol!
http://www.geekchiccosmetics.com/winordie.html -- One purple for Dani, but lots of earthy tones and an eight-shade collection.

http://shirocosmetics.com/products/eyes/the-seven-kingdoms-collection -- Another purple for Dani, but lots of earthy tones here, too, and a fifteen-shade collection.

I would really like more history themed collections, like Espionage's (I think) French Revolution collection! It's perfect. 'Historical Blunders' would be a cool collection- 'Trojan Horse', 'Ross Rifle', etc.

Or a Hell's Kitchen or The Taste collection... ahhh. I'm weird and I can't get into many TV shows. The ones I do wouldn't be collectionable anyway (Cracked, Rookie Blue, Breakout Kings, Misfits).
Ooh, _Misfits_.  I can actually see a solid palette coming together from this show -- orange for the jumpsuits, sparkly blue-gray for the storm, more things I can't recall right now because my brain is overloading on trying to sort through possibilities!  I think it could work as a theme for a subscription!  With a sub, a company doesn't have to worry about selling a color/collection since subscribers are locked in, and with the right colors, the theme isn't going to matter anyway.  (Plus this might get people to go *watch* the show because they might get curious about where it comes from!)

I'm not super into the usual fandoms (ie. Harry Potter, Dr. Who, Anime-anything). I would love a collection based around 1950s Sci-Fi/Creature Features, though. Come on, The Crawling Eye, The Thing from Another World, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Them!.... it would be awesome, but I feel like I'm in a minority for my love of these movies. 
That's actually the theme of this month's Vanishing Cabinet by NM.
Almost.  The theme is *modern* classics from the '70s through the '90s:  _The Exorcist_, _Friday the 13th_, _Halloween_, Child's Play_, etc..  The films @@EggyBread listed are the '50s and '60s classics.  And I would love those, too!  I grew up watching those on weekends (thank you, local tv) before the VCR came into existence (my town didn't get cable until, like 1988, so even that wasn't an option for us)!  Darling Girl has a collection called Oh the Horror that is a mix of horror films from all eras, beginning with _Frankenstein_ and going all the way up to _The Ring_.

Has anyone done a The Last Unicorn collection?
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab does a fragrance line.  It's actually officially designed in collaboration with Peter S. Beagle!

Personally, I have *all sorts* of theme ideas, especially when it comes to horror movies.  One of my big ones right now is _Rosemary's Baby_.  It's a very *green* film in my mind.  Another one, since we're heading into winter, and I spend quite a bit of time looking at Mt. Hood (I have an *amazing* view from my office) and thinking about Timberline Lodge up there in all of the snow right now:  _The Shining_ (the exteriors were shot up at Timberline). 

A non-horror one:  _singles_.  All of those glorious 1992 grungetones!  I would actually argue that grunge could be a fandom all on its own, and then I would insist on a matte brown with a honey sheen (Mudhoney), a deep evergreen with either a red sheen or red sparks (Screaming Trees), cloudy blue with silver/blue/green (Soundgarden, based on the sculpture park where they got their name), acid yellow with red sparks (Poison Idea, who it could be argued grunge would not exist without), magenta with pink sheen (Pond), rust brown (Tad), violet with an apple-red sheen (Mother Love Bone)...  Uh, anyone know of a brand that would like me to curate a grunge-era collection?  Because apparently I just want to relive my college years right now.  I would want to throw in the Posies and Heatmiser, too, although they don't really fit the grunge aesthetic.  (I could actually easily see an entire Heatmiser collection.  For some reason, they *really* bring out my color-and-music synesthesia.)

I know that Baroque Cosmetics has a French revolution collection. Meow Cosmetics has a collection inspired by Egypt. Ten Three Labs has a collection called the Bad B!+ch Collection and has shadows named after Bathory, Hatshepsut, etc.
Oh, yes! That's what I meant!

And I'll check out the Ten Three collection, thank you so much!

OH man, so I did not realize that the Super Effective collection originally had 40 shadows! 

http://www.lipsticksandlightsabers.com/2010/11/on-road-to-viridian-city.html

I'm a little sad... I wouldn't be surprised if some of these were renamed and part of the current collection (because Nintendo probably holds trademark on those names) but there are significantly less shadows on the page now ): Does anyone know if/when she restocks them?

OH man, so I did not realize that the Super Effective collection originally had 40 shadows! 

http://www.lipsticksandlightsabers.com/2010/11/on-road-to-viridian-city.html

I'm a little sad... I wouldn't be surprised if some of these were renamed and part of the current collection (because Nintendo probably holds trademark on those names) but there are significantly less shadows on the page now ): Does anyone know if/when she restocks them?
Good question, I was seriously considering ordering some of the shadows here soon.

However, it seems like the current names are far more generic (well as much as can be while still obviously pokemon) so I'm betting a lot of them (like the ones of specific pokemon names) aren't coming back because of copyright stuff.

Good question, I was seriously considering ordering some of the shadows here soon.

However, it seems like the current names are far more generic (well as much as can be while still obviously pokemon) so I'm betting a lot of them (like the ones of specific pokemon names) aren't coming back because of copyright stuff.
I think they're different shadows because Ditto still remains (a genericish name) but was not part of the original collection. It's sort of killing me inside that I can't get ahold of these now, even under a different name. 

I think they're different shadows because Ditto still remains (a genericish name) but was not part of the original collection. It's sort of killing me inside that I can't get ahold of these now, even under a different name. 

Ugh agreed, I'm kind of dying for SS Anne, Rapidash, and Spinarak - they're all so gorgeous! Also I would totally get Meowth and Mew just because.

Right now I'm thinking about getting Vine Whip, Team Rocket, Bubblebeam and Smell Ya Later, but I'm also terribly indecisive

Ugh agreed, I'm kind of dying for SS Anne, Rapidash, and Spinarak - they're all so gorgeous! Also I would totally get Meowth and Mew just because.

Right now I'm thinking about getting Vine Whip, Team Rocket, Bubblebeam and Smell Ya Later, but I'm also terribly indecisive
If I can figure out how to press shadows by next year, I think I'd make a palette and send it to a friend. I know at least one who would love it (and plus then I can justify getting the full sizes because I can distribute it to other people. There's no way I'd ever be able to use or justify a full size for just myself)

this swatch of elite four is amazing: http://www.indieknow.net/2013/08/swatch-post-shiro-cosmetics.html ( i mean also due to my purple bias and the macro shot. i'm sure it doesn't look like REAL MAGIC in real life like that XD). I'd be tempted to get all of them, but I already know I could never rock some of those colors. ):

also, I wish I could get ahold of spinarak too. I'm dying inside for a pale mint/lime green that's shiny. I'm super interested in getting jade ghost and bitey tyrannosaur from Fyrinnae but THERE'S NO REPLACING POKEMON IN MY HEART??

Ahhhhh yes I'm lusting after Elite Four too, I like the shade of Team Rocket more, but it looks too matte for my taste. Flamethrower looks amazing but I don't know if I could actually rock it. But I have so many neutrals that I may as well branch out and try something new.

Is it bad that even though the smaller sizes are cheaper and will last me more than enough time, I want the full size because of the cute pokeball packaging ;-;

The more I look at old swatches, the more I suspect some of the shadows were renamed and maybe slightly changed.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Sirvinya/media/Blog/310510Shiro4.jpg.html

Pikachu and Charmander kinda look like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower. I have a feeling Squirtle might be Bubblebeam too.

eta: yup, Pikachu has the same red flecks that Thunderbolt has.

The more I look at old swatches, the more I suspect some of the shadows were renamed and maybe slightly changed.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Sirvinya/media/Blog/310510Shiro4.jpg.html

Pikachu and Charmander kinda look like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower. I have a feeling Squirtle might be Bubblebeam too.

eta: yup, Pikachu has the same red flecks that Thunderbolt has.
damn, but Acid being gone is still emotionally killing me. @__@ What happened to the other 25?! cries

damn, but Acid being gone is still emotionally killing me. @__@ What happened to the other 25?! cries
I know right. Obviously the change was because of copyright issues but I'm wondering why they decided not to continue producing all of the other colors?!?! (secretly hoping maybe they will be reissued with different names??? items and moves and other words seem to be the safer way to make these collections)

I know right. Obviously the change was because of copyright issues but I'm wondering why they decided not to continue producing all of the other colors?!?! (secretly hoping maybe they will be reissued with different names??? items and moves and other words seem to be the safer way to make these collections)
A lot of the Super Effective Collection colors were put on sale around April/May this year (I thought it was because they didn't sell as well?). The colors were officially discontinued in August and Shiro even sold a limited edition mixed blend (basically took all of the leftover discontinued shadows and mixed them in a blender) called Lavender Town (and the label art is a pic of the inside of the Gen I Pokemon Tower) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A lot of the Super Effective Collection colors were put on sale around April/May this year (I thought it was because they didn't sell as well?). The colors were officially discontinued in August and Shiro even sold a limited edition mixed blend (basically took all of the leftover discontinued shadows and mixed them in a blender) called Lavender Town (and the label art is a pic of the inside of the Gen I Pokemon Tower) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ahhhhhhh this makes me wish I had gotten into indie brands so much earlier. I feel like I've missed out on so much ;-; hahahah

Ugh I would literally pay a company double if they would make a Bleach manga collection. Actually, I'd love to see like, a split collection with maybe like... one shade released each month and there could be 6 Shinigami and 6 Espada... Ugh. I'd die. I'd die. And April is my birthday, and the fourth month and it's color would obviously be inspired be Ulquiorra... omg. Honestly I seriously don't think I could be any happier than if that were a reality. Stark white with green duochrome or maybe glitter. Like... I'm sweating just imaging how awesome it would be.

... don't mind me, everyone. Just in a massive fandom drought here. :sdrop:

Ugh I would literally pay a company double if they would make a Bleach manga collection. Actually, I'd love to see like, a split collection with maybe like... one shade released each month and there could be 6 Shinigami and 6 Espada... Ugh. I'd die. I'd die. And April is my birthday, and the fourth month and it's color would obviously be inspired be Ulquiorra... omg. Honestly I seriously don't think I could be any happier than if that were a reality. Stark white with green duochrome or maybe glitter. Like... I'm sweating just imaging how awesome it would be.

... don't mind me, everyone. Just in a massive fandom drought here. :sdrop:
For some reason, I now want a Naruto collection to exist... (so many characters, villages (the symbols can be label art!), and jutsu... so many possibilities). I stopped reading Naruto and Bleach several years ago, but this just gave me nostalgic feels.

Back